What would be the most freakiest reroute?

Sea Beach

Freakiest reroute (this is not physically possible in both directions) I'd say have the (7) go run on the (N) from Queensboro Plaza to Ditmars Boulevard. Now the (N)(W) and (7) can run on the same tracks, although you'd have a six inch gap between the (7) train cars (r62A) and the platform.

Freakiest reroute (this is not physically possible in both directions) I'd say have the (7) go run on the (N) from Queensboro Plaza to Ditmars Boulevard. Now the (N)(W) and (7) can run on the same tracks, although you'd have a six inch gap between the (7) train cars (r62A) and the platform.

Actually, with the switches the way they are, it is physically possible to run a train like this in both directions. It's just going to be very slow, and would involve backing trains up if they are coming from the Times Square-bound local track.

Check out this track map from nycsubway.org.

Actually, with the switches the way they are, it is physically possible to run a train like this in both directions. It's just going to be very slow, and would involve backing trains up if they are coming from the Times Square-bound local track.

Check out this track map from nycsubway.org..

Run a (7) train going from it's normal route then go on (N), that's easy, but going to Manhattan from the (N) Astoria line, that's difficult, and like you said very slow. Manhattan bound (7) trains are still on the Flushing bound track and the first available switch to the Times Square track is after 45 Road Courthouse Square.

The (V) via the Lexington Avenue Line. Oh the looks on customers faces:p

Yes!:(

Actually the flushing line had provisions for both divisions up to a point & you could back it up over those tracks as shown in the map. I don't think people would really notice to be honest, till they saw the wrong landmarks coming out of the tunnel.

- A

I wud say seeing any R44/46/68 trains running express speed through the nassau street line...

...then seeing a R62 20-car train riding right behind it with a (J) in the rollsign so it wud almost seem like an r42 but once it came by ur like wtf????

...and then after that while u cant believe ur eyes u hear the whistle sound of a " cry baby " 160 coming by 2 make things normal....but wait-nope, its an R142 instead!..and on the display it said (Z) and the 4 car set was painted in the " silver and blue scheme "

..dream over lmao...

...til u wake up on a PATH train and all of a sudden u hear " next stop, hoyt-schemerhorn ...transfers for the (C)(G)(A)(T) and (9) trains.

I REST!

I wud say seeing any R44/46/68 trains running express speed through the nassau street line...

...then seeing a R62 20-car train riding right behind it with a (J) in the rollsign so it wud almost seem like an r42 but once it came by ur like wtf????

...and then after that while u cant believe ur eyes u hear the whistle sound of a " cry baby " 160 coming by 2 make things normal....but wait-nope, its an R142 instead!..and on the display it said (Z) and the 4 car set was painted in the " silver and blue scheme "

..dream over lmao...

...til u wake up on a PATH train and all of a sudden u hear " next stop, hoyt-schemerhorn ...transfers for the (C)(G)(A)(T) and (9) trains.

I REST!

Dude, that's just OD.

Reading this thread reminded me of a really weird dream I had last week.

I got off the (4) at Burnside on the downtown platform, looked across at the uptown platform and saw a SEPTA El train pull up.:eek::confused::eek:

I actually believed it when I first woke up. I remember thinking that a $2 one-way fare between NYC & Philly via SEPTA would be great, yet uncomfortable.

Anyone have weird dreams like this before?

The (M) returning to Brighton Local service

I remember when they said that was "temporary". I wish they all terminated at CI again. It may not be feasible these days, but as someone who lives closer to the end of the line, it sure would shorten some of my trips to other parts of brooklyn. (Until the Bay Ridge line turns subway :D )

I once had a weird dream that an R42 transformed into an r160 and it was an underwatertrain that " swam " in chambers street from the nassau line. chambers street station scares me:eek:

Yeah, its a pretty big station. It looks like a station you would see in a movie. when its empty, it scares me.

Archived