Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
metsfan

The status of shea stadium. (brace yourselves)

You need to reload the shot(S), the attachment is not allowed to be shown to public thats not on that site, they made that permission like that

plus a login is needed

3458505.jpg

3434013.jpg

grass3.jpg

Ya, it's on its way out. Shea goodbye. :rolleyes:

- A

Nice pics nan. Its sad that Shea is being taken down.

Does anyone know if the(NYCT) is going to change the station to Willetspoint/citifield? I mean they cant call it Willetspoint/shea stadium anymore...

Wow, I always loved Shea cause if your a Mets fan your a die hard fan. Plus I remember seeing it at night with the neon players all lit up coming home from LGA or Long Island when the Inter-borough was closed. I' gonna miss it alot more then old Yankee Stadium as I never saw a game there nor would I ever want to.

*cries inside* Mets still suck. I refuse to support them next year. They made the new stadium anti-fan. They added more box seats, removed seats, made the stadium smaller and they are going to increase the prices like hell. From what I've heard, all field level seats will not be cheaper than $100.

Ive been to Shea a number of times in the past 15+ years. This is a very sad site to view:(... Plus what Matted said, I remember seeing the Neon players lit up which was awesome...

Plays "You belong to the city" by Glen Frey(1985). 1986 Mets,now THAT was a team,best Mets team ever. They played with passion and heart unlike the Mets of the past few years. I stopped going to Shea a long time ago. We all have better things to do with our money.

I'm not going to miss Shea at all,it was old and outdated. Citi field is nice,a huge improvement over Shea but it is far from the nicest ballpark in the major leagues.

This is going to be sad, though I'm not a Mets fan I've been there 3x and I love the stadium. Sad to see it go and I guess the thieves of (MTA) going to rename the subway station on the (7)<7> from Willets Point-Shea Stadium to Willets Point-CitiField

Shea Stadium was a dump

Agree, mainly because I'm a Yankees fan, but it's still sad to see Shea die that fast, but it's even more hard to see the "House That Ruth Built" tear down. Nice pics, though. :rolleyes:

It wasn't a fancy place, and yea it had some flaws, but i loved going to games there, and will miss it much. Citi might look cool, but ticket prices will be higher meaning i may not get to go to any games next season. Also i don't like how it seems to be built around private penthouses vs around the average fan experience. Sigh.

- A

Good riddence to POS shea studium, its an eyesore and an pitchers ballpark, not good for the big power guys. Can't wait until Citifeld opens its going to be awsome.

Good riddence to POS shea studium, its an eyesore and an pitchers ballpark, not good for the big power guys. Can't wait until Citifeld opens its going to be awsome.

Citi's playing field isn't going to be much different. It will remain a pitcher's park. ;)

- A

GOOD RIDDANCE SHEA! YANKEE STADIUM FOREVER!

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

ya but it goes byebye soon ;)

I feel bad for shea lots of mems

BUT i dun care, IM A METS BOY ALWAYS :D