The status of shea stadium. (brace yourselves)

metsfan

Wow, I always loved Shea cause if your a Mets fan your a die hard fan. Plus I remember seeing it at night with the neon players all lit up coming home from LGA or Long Island when the Inter-borough was closed. I' gonna miss it alot more then old Yankee Stadium as I never saw a game there nor would I ever want to.

*cries inside* Mets still suck. I refuse to support them next year. They made the new stadium anti-fan. They added more box seats, removed seats, made the stadium smaller and they are going to increase the prices like hell. From what I've heard, all field level seats will not be cheaper than $100.

Plays "You belong to the city" by Glen Frey(1985). 1986 Mets,now THAT was a team,best Mets team ever. They played with passion and heart unlike the Mets of the past few years. I stopped going to Shea a long time ago. We all have better things to do with our money.

I'm not going to miss Shea at all,it was old and outdated. Citi field is nice,a huge improvement over Shea but it is far from the nicest ballpark in the major leagues.

It wasn't a fancy place, and yea it had some flaws, but i loved going to games there, and will miss it much. Citi might look cool, but ticket prices will be higher meaning i may not get to go to any games next season. Also i don't like how it seems to be built around private penthouses vs around the average fan experience. Sigh.

- A

Good riddence to POS shea studium, its an eyesore and an pitchers ballpark, not good for the big power guys. Can't wait until Citifeld opens its going to be awsome.

Citi's playing field isn't going to be much different. It will remain a pitcher's park. ;)

- A

Archived