R62/R62A on 6 line?

Nature

Hmm never seen one in the weschester yard or never seen one pass i mostly see then on the (2) and (5) lines for fixing to the yard or transfering last time i saw a R62 on the (2) and (5) was at 149 and 3rd av was around march of 08 it was marked (3) lenox.

I miss the 62A's on the (6). They looked great on it.

You got that right! wasnt the 33 or 28s on the (6)

as for the pic, it might of been sent to Westchester Maintenance facilty, if it belongs to the (3) shouldnt it be going to 239 or at least 180 Maintenance?

You got that right! wasnt the 33 or 28s on the (6)

as for the pic, it might of been sent to Westchester Maintenance facilty, if it belongs to the (3) shouldnt it be going to 239 or at least 180 Maintenance?

The Redbirds 33ML (Main Line) and/or 36WF (World's Fair) used to be on the (6)<6>

The Redbirds 33ML (Main Line) and/or 36WF (World's Fair) used to be on the (6)<6>

yup thats right along with R29's, but those cars were in the worst shape of the (6) fleet in the 90's...remember a lead car in a consist with no chains and the storm door swung open pulling into a station, nothin between the riders and the roadbed but air...

Well, MTR... I guess the MTA is keeping the R-62 where it should be... Very problematic to get the R-142 on the (7)<7> since the MTA must pay more than just moving the R-142, the route sign must be modified to (7)<7> line as well as they need to move it several times to get it on the (7)<7>... Not easy!

Actually it really shouldn't be too difficult in theory, since they did this when the cars were delivered. Program the computers, record new announcements, and do the car shifts overnight.

Well, MTR... I guess the MTA is keeping the R-62 where it should be... Very problematic to get the R-142 on the (7)<7> since the MTA must pay more than just moving the R-142, the route sign must be modified to (7)<7> line as well as they need to move it several times to get it on the (7)<7>... Not easy!

The move is not easy, but if it is required, then it is required and the railfanners can't have any say. I have to tell you this, in the real subway world, we railfanners are a minority.

Archived