Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Nature

R62/R62A on 6 line?

IMG00005.jpg

Took the picture today from my school window around 145pm if you can look closely it has the ad's on the side wondering why it was there going pehlam bay park bound 10 car.

Kinda not clear cause i took it with my sidekick.

IMG00005.jpg

Took the picture today from my school window around 145pm if you can look closely it has the ad's on the side wondering why it was there. Kinda not clear cause i took it with my sidekick.

Maybe it sent there to be fixed...who knows!

Hmm never seen one in the weschester yard or never seen one pass i mostly see then on the (2) and (5) lines for fixing to the yard or transfering last time i saw a R62 on the (2) and (5) was at 149 and 3rd av was around march of 08 it was marked (3) lenox.

During the Day you always see R62's from the (3) wondering around the mainline IRT going to and from taking a bath.

If the (6) is getting the R62A's i will railfan the (6) line. :D

I miss the 62A's on the (6). They looked great on it.

You got that right! wasnt the 33 or 28s on the (6)

as for the pic, it might of been sent to Westchester Maintenance facilty, if it belongs to the (3) shouldnt it be going to 239 or at least 180 Maintenance?

You got that right! wasnt the 33 or 28s on the (6)

as for the pic, it might of been sent to Westchester Maintenance facilty, if it belongs to the (3) shouldnt it be going to 239 or at least 180 Maintenance?

The Redbirds 33ML (Main Line) and/or 36WF (World's Fair) used to be on the (6)<6>

The Redbirds 33ML (Main Line) and/or 36WF (World's Fair) used to be on the (6)<6>

yup thats right along with R29's, but those cars were in the worst shape of the (6) fleet in the 90's...remember a lead car in a consist with no chains and the storm door swung open pulling into a station, nothin between the riders and the roadbed but air...

so wat used the 26, 28 and 29? I heard the (5) used the 28s

The (2)(5)<5> used the R-26, R-28 and R-29's and the (6)<6> use the R-26 and R-28's along with the R-36ML's

Those were AC powered, I presumed?

cuz the 33S didnt have AC

Just a guess but if it was early in the day it was probably a train going to Westchester's wash or school car.

I won't want new trains on the (7)... It is my second favorite line!!! Goodness MTA!!! :)...

Dude, it's not about what YOU want... it's about what the GENERAL POPULATION needs.

Well, MTR... I guess the MTA is keeping the R-62 where it should be... Very problematic to get the R-142 on the (7)<7> since the MTA must pay more than just moving the R-142, the route sign must be modified to (7)<7> line as well as they need to move it several times to get it on the (7)<7>... Not easy!

Actually it really shouldn't be too difficult in theory, since they did this when the cars were delivered. Program the computers, record new announcements, and do the car shifts overnight.

Well, MTR... I guess the MTA is keeping the R-62 where it should be... Very problematic to get the R-142 on the (7)<7> since the MTA must pay more than just moving the R-142, the route sign must be modified to (7)<7> line as well as they need to move it several times to get it on the (7)<7>... Not easy!

The move is not easy, but if it is required, then it is required and the railfanners can't have any say. I have to tell you this, in the real subway world, we railfanners are a minority.

What about the stubborn car station display on the advertising strip?

The MTA could get new ones for the (7) and just programme the car to hide which lights or show which lights for whatever station.