Exam 8006

sealteam1962

Thanks Mr Loco.. not bad to have a better pic at year end.. Sounds like alot to have any shot for next year though so we keep truckin'

:P

But the list will move fast if they are going to have a class every month until the end of this year.

Today was the 1st day at Zerega,the students must be tired from all that paperwork,lol. We should be getting updates soon unless they were instructed not to post on here,which I highly doubt.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

But the list will move fast if they are going to have a class every month until the end of this year.

Today was the 1st day at Zerega,the students must be tired from all that paperwork,lol. We should be getting updates soon unless they were instructed not to post on here,which I highly doubt.

You mean it's not like a secret fraternity here?:cool:

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

You mean it's not like a secret fraternity here?:cool:

I went down for the drug test today for exam 8008, The next bus class will start July 6. They are calling 3 list at 1 time 5025,2801 and 8008. The only thing with 5025 their were alot of people their that got the number re-instated.

I went down for the drug test today for exam 8008, The next bus class will start July 6. They are calling 3 list at 1 time 5025,2801 and 8008. The only thing with 5025 their were alot of people their that got the number re-instated.

Yeah,I can picture that about list 5025,it's been a little over a year since they hired from that list. That will most definitely slow down the list. What about 2901? Now most likely you will have people from all of the lists in your class on July 6th right?

Yeah,I can picture that about list 5025,it's been a little over a year since they hired from that list. That will most definitely slow down the list. What about 2901? Now most likely you will have people from all of the lists in your class on July 6th right?

I didnt hear of anybody down their from 2901 yet, I think they have to finish 2801 I'm on that list also but my list number is like 6thousand something. I pray I am in that class I'm starting to get anxious again about getting behind the wheel of one of those badboy's. It seems like when you really want a job it takes forever to get your shot.

That may be so,but the 8006 list is short,#3,758. Lets hope all those people that are on both lists get hired from MTA Bus and even #2801,#2901,that way once 8006 starts it will move even faster. Whichever list your on calls you first,you go,it's a no brainer.

Thanks for being positive about this! I also took exam#8006 like 3,758 people that took it with me. I took the BOSS exam about 3 weeks, and hopefully in fews months I should hear something from them for pre-empolyment. I already have my CDL Class B lincense with Passenger endorsment. I am so far a step of the game, but I am really in need of another job so badly!!!:confused:

Thanks for being positive about this! I also took exam#8006 like 3,758 people that took it with me. I took the BOSS exam about 3 weeks, and hopefully in fews months I should hear something from them for pre-empolyment. I already have my CDL Class B lincense with Passenger endorsment. I am so far a step of the game, but I am really in need of another job so badly!!!:confused:

You meant to say that 3,758 passed the exam,I bet more than that failed the 8006 exam. What is your list number range? low 2,000's?

Do you actually mean 8006, or you do mean 8008?

I heard a B/O on the radio earlier today calling Console over the PTT button? you know what for? to report that a superintendent was harrassing him,the console dispatcher chastised him and told him to only use the PTT for a life threatening emergency,he also told him to write a letter to the Union. Interesting isn't it?

i dont know about ta exams only mabstoa.. im on exam 2901 mabstoa...

Is Mabstoa has the same guide lines as NYCT? Would I've been better off taking there exam then NYCT? I took there exam#8006 back in April of last year, and tooken the BOSS exam last month. I am in real need of another job so badly at this point in my life...:confused:

Is Mabstoa has the same guide lines as NYCT? Would I've been better off taking there exam then NYCT? I took there exam#8006 back in April of last year, and tooken the BOSS exam last month. I am in real need of another job so badly at this point in my life...:confused:

Mabstoa was a lottery system,there were no exams for that division. You had to send in a coupon along with a money order. Your number is chosen at random.

I do think that the mabstoa lists are longer then the TA lists(5025,8006). What I would like to know is the breakdown of these 1,200 new B/O's for this year. How many go to MTA Bus,how many go to Mabstoa,how many go to TA.

Mabstoa was a lottery system,there were no exams for that division. You had to send in a coupon along with a money order. Your number is chosen at random.

I do think that the mabstoa lists are longer then the TA lists(5025,8006). What I would like to know is the breakdown of these 1,200 new B/O's for this year. How many go to MTA Bus,how many go to Mabstoa,how many go to TA.

makes sense what you said... at least I have my other opitions like the Conductor exam that I took in Dec., and the T/O last month...but I perfer the B/O job due to the fact that I already have my CDL Class B lincense with Passenger endoresment...I would like to put my lincense in to use...I've only had it for a year, and the last time I drove a commerical vehicle was on my road test in the Bronx. At least I am already a step of the game.

Loco, I went for orientation down at zereaga today. TA and mabstoa had their own room full of about 55 people mixed together. I was in the MTA bus room we had about 54 with 3 no shows. We were just fillng out our paper work and found out what depot we are going to train in. They are using all of the depots to train everyone so it doesent matter if your ta/oa or mta bus. I will be training in a ta depot in manhatten. Also their was a class that graduated today of about 60 people.

Archived