Exam 8006

sealteam1962

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will believe there is real hiring when I get called up. I am 511 on the 8006 list.

Actually, not to piss off the guys that actually do want to become bus operators, but I really don't want to drive a bus. I may end up beating the living shit out of a racist passenger that starts shit. Since I have no protection, I would have no choice but to defend myself because if someone says somthing stupid, I will reciprocate.

I'm really waiting for the call up for conductor and train operator. I took the conductor test dec 6th 2008 and got everything right, and the T/O test June 6th and got only 1 wrong. The bus operator test came out first so I took it. I was a conductor for a year in 2006 and was forced to resign after dealing with racism from passengers coworkers and higher ups, but being a white male, apparently it's not racist to be a bigot toward me, and no stinking lawyer wanted to take my case. I'm going back to conductor for a number of reasons. ego, because I didn;t leave on my own terms, revenge, to expose the racim and have evidence if I go through the same thing again for a lawsuit, and also, if you don;t have to go through any BS, the job can be very easy. Bus operator you have to deal with stupid passengers, bad drivers, jay walkers and other crap. For conductor, all the new trains they bought mean better protection for the conductor.

I would probably pick Queens since I live in Queens and it wouldn;t be a life sentence for me since I don't plan on staying. That life sentence makes the bus operator position a lot less attractive than it already was for me.

Actually, not to piss off the guys that actually do want to become bus operators, but I really don't want to drive a bus. I may end up beating the living shit out of a racist passenger that starts shit. Since I have no protection, I would have no choice but to defend myself because if someone says somthing stupid, I will reciprocate.

I'm really waiting for the call up for conductor and train operator. I took the conductor test dec 6th 2008 and got everything right, and the T/O test June 6th and got only 1 wrong. The bus operator test came out first so I took it. I was a conductor for a year in 2006 and was forced to resign after dealing with racism from passengers coworkers and higher ups, but being a white male, apparently it's not racist to be a bigot toward me, and no stinking lawyer wanted to take my case. I'm going back to conductor for a number of reasons. ego, because I didn;t leave on my own terms, revenge, to expose the racim and have evidence if I go through the same thing again for a lawsuit, and also, if you don;t have to go through any BS, the job can be very easy. Bus operator you have to deal with stupid passengers, bad drivers, jay walkers and other crap. For conductor, all the new trains they bought mean better protection for the conductor.

I would probably pick Queens since I live in Queens and it wouldn;t be a life sentence for me since I don't plan on staying. That life sentence makes the bus operator position a lot less attractive than it already was for me.

No offense Man, but with that attitude towards people, I think you need a desk job some where in the basement, to work with papers and never be allowed to talk to customers.

No offense Man, but with that attitude towards people, I think you need a desk job some where in the basement, to work with papers and never be allowed to talk to customers.

Never to be allowed to talk to customers OR co-workers.

Yes, thank you for pointing that out.

But even paper work some times can get racist.

You know, you look at the name of the person who signed something and you can tell that the person is Black, or White or Chinese. That can be a problem for theMojoking. B)

Dude , take it easy, the life is a salad of people, we all have to get along

BTW. All people who took 8006, you can subtract 1 from your number, I took that test and because i am already working as a BO, I aint gona be going to livingston st :P (my list number is under 10 ). so all of you moved up one spot :o

Yes, thank you for pointing that out.

But even paper work some times can get racist.

You know, you look at the name of the person who signed something and you can tell that the person is Black, or White or Chinese. That can be a problem for theMojoking. B)

Dude , take it easy, the life is a salad of people, we all have to get along

BTW. All people who took 8006, you can subtract 1 from your number, I took that test and because i am already working as a BO, I aint gona be going to livingston st :P (my list number is under 10 ). so all of you moved up one spot :o

Inch by inch we are all moving closer..just out of curiosity what was your score on the 8006 exam? I want to see if anybody got a 100% which I highly doubt.

Inch by inch we are all moving closer..just out of curiosity what was your score on the 8006 exam? I want to see if anybody got a 100% which I highly doubt.

I remember that i got couple wrong, and my score was in high 90th, my list number is about 6 or 7. if i am not mistaking

I will locate my yellow paper later tonight and will let you know ( if i kept it )

Wow you must really be in love with me when you follow me into different threads and have a need to make comments to what I say after you have been ignored and reported. Being a little miserable weasel underground must be getting to you. Loser. You seriously need to get a life and some serious psychiatric help. If you aren't on medication, get on, if you are, then lower the dosage. Keep talking. You'll be screwed over down the line.

Wow you must really be in love with me when you follow me into different threads and have a need to make comments to what I say after you have been ignored and reported. Being a little miserable weasel underground must be getting to you. Loser. You seriously need to get a life and some serious psychiatric help. If you aren't on medication, get on, if you are, then lower the dosage. Keep talking. You'll be screwed over down the line.

You're on my dick. I responded to someone elses comment not yours scumbag, and if you noticed I received thanks for that post. It was another person who like me thinks that your an angry miserable low life!! Seems to be the consensus around this site.

I'm really waiting for the call up for conductor and train operator. I took the conductor test dec 6th 2008 and got everything right, and the T/O test June 6th and got only 1 wrong. The bus operator test came out first so I took it. I was a conductor for a year in 2006 and was forced to resign after dealing with racism from passengers coworkers and higher ups, but being a white male, apparently it's not racist to be a bigot toward me, and no stinking lawyer wanted to take my case.

They are going to see your name on the list and when it shows up that you were a conductor and how they had issues with you, the MTA is going to put a black line right over your name on every list you pop up on. I would be surprised if you ever get a job with the MTA again. I dont even think they will even hire you to empty out the garbage cans.

You're on my dick. I responded to someone elses comment not yours scumbag. It was another person who like me thinks that your an angry miserable low life!! Seems to be the consensus around this site.

Jah. dont wory about him, all he can do is to send private message to some one (me) and com[pl;ain about the public messages ;)

He will never get any where with that stupid attitude.

Dude get a life, you are in a melting pot of different nationalities and races, so either get a long or get the hell out

While everyone is still waiting to get called for B/O UPS is hiring drivers. Go to http://WWW.UPS.COM and click on careers. I hear they work a lot of hours, the pay is really good, off on weekends, hoildays off with pay, all the benefits, union, vaction time, and retire in 25 years with pension. It doesn't hurt to try...

While everyone is still waiting to get called for B/O UPS is hiring drivers. Go to WWW.UPS.COM and click on careers. I hear they work a lot of hours, the pay is really good, off on weekends, hoildays off with pay, all the benefits, union, vaction time, and retire in 25 years with pension. It doesn't hurt to try...

I am pretty sure that UPS hires drivers from within. With the only exception being during the holidays, they hire drivers helpers. Package sorter is the job they mainly hire for from the outside.

I am pretty sure that UPS hires drivers from within. With the only exception being during the holidays, they hire drivers helpers. Package sorter is the job they mainly hire for from the outside.

I know some people that work for them that you pretty much start out as temp driver when the holidays hit, and after the holidays they decide who to keep upon vacancy. It's ture they do hire within, but it's the only way to get your foot in the door.

• 9 months later...

Is there any chance to be hired now? I passed the test & took the BOSS and that was it. I noticed that it's been a long time since anyone has posted anything with respect to 8006. Although I've heard that the MTA is laying off, I still have hope!

If there's anyone who could share any updated information it would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

Is there any chance to be hired now? I passed the test & took the BOSS and that was it. I noticed that it's been a long time since anyone has posted anything with respect to 8006. Although I've heard that the MTA is laying off, I still have hope!

If there's anyone who could share any updated information it would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

Right now all hiring is in limbo. They may hire again if the Feds give the bailout Schumer et al. have brought up.

NYStranger shouted "I still have hope!"...Keep hope alive! You are one of us(8006 list) It's been around 9 months since somebody last posted on this thread. Keep your head in the game bro. Don't let them(MTA higher ups)intimidate you from all that you read in the papers. The important thing is your mental situation. Never say die...keep on, never give up. Stay the course as our former President used to say.

Archived