NJT To takeover A&C and ONE Bus Routes

DCTransitFilms

Per an operator on Facebook, NJT will be taking over the routes from ONE Bus and A&C Bus. This is what's given:

A&C Bus

• 30: Discontinued (likely replaced by the 80S)
  • 31: Renumbered into the 9
  • 32: Renumbered into the 14
  • 33: Renumbered into the 8

ONE Bus

• 24, 31, 44 keeping the same numbering. Not sure if Sunday service will be restored.

1 minute ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Per an operator on Facebook, NJT will be taking over the routes from ONE Bus and A&C Bus. This is what's given:

A&C Bus

• 30: Discontinued (likely replaced by the 80S)
  • 31: Renumbered into the 9
  • 32: Renumbered into the 14
  • 33: Renumbered into the 8

ONE Bus

• 24, 31, 44 keeping the same numbering. Not sure if Sunday service will be restored.

With what operators???

So I'm hearing on the A&C side, Meadowlands will get the 8 (33) and the 9 (31) while Greenville will get the 14 (32).

As for ONE Bus, Hilton is receiving the 31, Big Tree is receiving the 44, and the 24 will be split between Hilton, Orange, and Ironbound.

Still this is what I'm hearing. This is subject to change.

2 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

So I'm hearing on the A&C side, Meadowlands will get the 8 (33) and the 9 (31) while Greenville will get the 14 (32).

As for ONE Bus, Hilton is receiving the 31, Big Tree is receiving the 44, and the 24 will be split between Hilton, Orange, and Ironbound.

To think that both Meadowlands and Greenville split quite a few routes (10,22,23,119,126) this is stretching it, at best.

Hilton lately has been having attendance issues, according to my friends who work there, so idk how they'll make the 31 work

On 9/27/2023 at 4:37 PM, jass said:

Dont all the Coach drivers need a new gig?

On 9/27/2023 at 6:59 PM, Cait Sith said:

It depends if they'll be able to transfer over just like the Transdev ops.

Since it's Coach USA, they'll likely be moved to other garages and such.

They’d have to go to Newark for retraining.   They used a completely different fare system and register as opposed to NJT proper. 

On 9/26/2023 at 6:05 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Well, we were right with the 30. The garages are a bit odd to me. I would think Greenville would get the 8 (33) and 9 (31) and Meadowlands with the 14 (32). Do you think they would try and adjust any of the routes? 

9 hours ago, dkm07302 said:

Well, we were right with the 30. The garages are a bit odd to me. I would think Greenville would get the 8 (33) and 9 (31) and Meadowlands with the 14 (32). Do you think they would try and adjust any of the routes? 

Make sense for the 9 (31) and 14 (32) but not the 8 (33) tbh