NJT To takeover A&C and ONE Bus Routes

DCTransitFilms

4 hours ago, Travis Mcnonald said:

They should have done this from the jump....

There is a place for private transit operators; the issue (as with anything) is lack of funding.... DeCamp, for instance, was revered, regardless of social class, in the locale/communities it served...

I mean, while it's good that these routes in question are being spared for now, the hot button trend in the industry as it stands. is network reconfiguration.... Which usually emanates from budget restructures..... Which is a precursor to service cuts in some way, shape, or form - whether its coverage-wise, frequency-wise, or both.... Unlike on the other side of the Hudson with MTA with them being trigger happy, what I'm worried about with NJT is waning quality of service, the more routes they end up taking over....

20 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I would assume so. Private companies are struggling to stay afloat with all the loses and the shift in ridership, the only way to save them is to bring them under NJT.

I doubt it, unlike the A&C bus and the routes O.N.E are shutting down, the remaining O.N.E operations are all NJT contracted operation. That means they get paid for the service provided. Something the routes being discontinued never got.

On 9/30/2023 at 4:43 PM, Mtatransit said:

I doubt it, unlike the A&C bus and the routes O.N.E are shutting down, the remaining O.N.E operations are all NJT contracted operation. That means they get paid for the service provided. Something the routes being discontinued never got.

That is what I meant. 

On 9/30/2023 at 4:43 PM, Mtatransit said:

Which makes me wonder why the A&C and ONE routes in question (and the former DeCamp routes, too) couldn't have become contract operations.

12 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

When that contract is up those lines will return back to njt. The union city garage should be open by that time. 

Can Coach renew those? If so, then they'll probably keep running them.

On 10/17/2023 at 5:31 PM, A Former New Yorker said:

Can anyone who takes the Coach USA routes give thoughts on how NJT is running things

I regularly take the Middlesex County lines run by Suburban Transit, one of CoachUSA's garages.  They tend to not do certain runs if they do not have the drivers.  For example, if they do not have the drivers to do all the 814 runs, they just do not run it.  This is a problem because the buses on this line only run every hour.  It is also not uncommon to not have certain lines run at all.

Also not to mention, their transit buses are not in great shape.  They feel very beat up and they do break down often.

I hope what I said makes sense.  Let me know if I need to clarify anything.

On 10/20/2023 at 10:48 AM, Arrow III said:

I regularly take the Middlesex County lines run by Suburban Transit, one of CoachUSA's garages.  They tend to not do certain runs if they do not have the drivers.  For example, if they do not have the drivers to do all the 814 runs, they just do not run it.  

Do they then tell NJT that they did run it and send a bill for reimbursement?

2 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Do they then tell NJT that they did run it and send a bill for reimbursement?

I'm not sure to be honest.

It's just frustrating, especially when you have to wait another hour at Middlesex College.

One of the drivers did tell me in September that they must cover the Metropark Loops (801-805), 810, 814, and 815.  This is what NJ Transit told them.  They are allowed to pull drivers from other routes to cover the above mentioned routes.

21 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

8 and 9 are at Meadowlands, 14 and 80S are at Greenville.

Also the 24 has trips out of Hilton now., 5808 and 6336 are on it right now. 

Hilton has been helping out on the 24 since NJT took over it