Answer Key for Exam #8094

Y2Julio

Guest battieboi
It would be cool if people post the question numbers that they got wrong and the test session that they took it on that way we all have an idea of what possibly can be changed during the protest period. for example i took the test on the PM session which was session 2 and i got # 64 and #65 wrong. anyone else got these wrong on session 2 (the PM session?).

the one's i got wrong and my answers are # 26a,56b,64b anyone else got those wrong ??? this would be the evening session 7 pm

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boi..seems like we got the same questions wrong except for 26...and as for the T/O exam what kind of experience would you need ..i just dont want to waiste my time taking the exam if i need experience and all i have is 2 years of college

Each year of college counts as one year of full time work experience. The MTA will only give you credit for up to 4 years of college. Right now with your two years of college, you would need 3 years of full time work experience on top of the two years of college you already have. The work experience doesn't have to be transit oriented. They just want to see that you are good at keeping a job.

whats good. first thanks to all of you. i have been on this site and its been very helpful. this is my first post tho so sorry if i write somethin wrong. i got a couple questions. i am 20 years old, turnin 21 in 2 months and second year of college with 36 credits and graduatin in dec 09. i have ALOT of workin experience but its been all off the books. i have great references if needed too, but i dont think mta would care. my question is would mta accept the off the books work? the reason its off the books was bc fafsa pays me more and some type of scholarship program that pays for everything from books, mta metro, to tution. but i shouldnt be workin, they want us to study more. second who else got questions 36-C, 41-C, 55-D wrong in sesion 2 exam 8094 at fdr? i hope someone protested those questions. i am really shocked i got those wrong. and finally this is for current mta employers what chance do i really have with this current economic situation of gettin the c/r job. i really wanted to do this ever since i was young. i think i got a 96. i asked a freind who works for mta. he is a supervisor but for the maintenece crew so couldnt really tell me. i would like this job by dec 09. thanks to all for the help and answerin my questions. sorry for the long post and please do tell me if i did anythin wrong.

i am 20 years old, turnin 21 in 2 months and second year of college with 36 credits and graduatin in dec 09. i have ALOT of workin experience but its been all off the books. i have great references if needed too, but i dont think mta would care. my question is would mta accept the off the books work? the reason its off the books was bc fafsa pays me more and some type of scholarship program that pays for everything from books, mta metro, to tution. but i shouldnt be workin, they want us to study more. second who else got questions 36-C, 41-C, 55-D wrong in sesion 2 exam 8094 at fdr? i hope someone protested those questions. i am really shocked i got those wrong. and finally this is for current mta employers what chance do i really have with this current economic situation of gettin the c/r job. i really wanted to do this ever since i was young. i think i got a 96. i asked a freind who works for mta. he is a supervisor but for the maintenece crew so couldnt really tell me. i would like this job by dec 09. thanks to all for the help and answerin my questions. sorry for the long post and please do tell me if i did anythin wrong.
Sorry, you could only get the MTA to count the two years of your college. I doubt any employer would accept of the book jobs. Also it has to be full time work. Not part time. Also, you getting called before December 2009 is not happening. The current hiring list for C/R expires in September 2009. After that the new promotional list will go into effect as the hiring list. Once everyone in the promotional list has been hired, the open competitive list will go into effect. You are going to be waiting a few years at minimum.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I just looked at my score and got 6 wrong but a 92 I hope gets me somewhere at the top of the list

whats good. first thanks to all of you. i have been on this site and its been very helpful. this is my first post tho so sorry if i write somethin wrong. i got a couple questions. i am 20 years old, turnin 21 in 2 months and second year of college with 36 credits and graduatin in dec 09. i have ALOT of workin experience but its been all off the books. i have great references if needed too, but i dont think mta would care. my question is would mta accept the off the books work? the reason its off the books was bc fafsa pays me more and some type of scholarship program that pays for everything from books, mta metro, to tution. but i shouldnt be workin, they want us to study more. second who else got questions 36-C, 41-C, 55-D wrong in sesion 2 exam 8094 at fdr? i hope someone protested those questions. i am really shocked i got those wrong. and finally this is for current mta employers what chance do i really have with this current economic situation of gettin the c/r job. i really wanted to do this ever since i was young. i think i got a 96. i asked a freind who works for mta. he is a supervisor but for the maintenece crew so couldnt really tell me. i would like this job by dec 09. thanks to all for the help and answerin my questions. sorry for the long post and please do tell me if i did anythin wrong.

The MTA don't count jobs off the books but lucky you don't need that for the C/R position. You won't get the job by Dec 09 not even close add 2 years to it with your score.

in my opion i think it`s dumb i know u people r gonna say i`m wrong but ur sitting in cab and ur driving the train moving the knob back and forth and doing sumthing else and u need college for 4 years with that or 5 years work experence the mta will train them y does it have 2 be college or work experence 5 years full time the mta will train u. but some posions u don`t need college but on the other hand i`ll just take the promotion for the train operator

in my opion i think it`s dumb i know u people r gonna say i`m wrong but ur sitting in cab and ur driving the train moving the knob back and forth and doing sumthing else and u need college for 4 years with that or 5 years work experence the mta will train them y does it have 2 be college or work experence 5 years full time the mta will train u. but some posions u don`t need college but on the other hand i`ll just take the promotion for the train operator

If the job is so incredibly easy than why does it take 6 months of school? And for the past few years even after 6 months alot of the T/O's aren't capable of doing the job safely and have to be sent back for more training.

If you have held down full time work for at least 5 years you are somewhat responsible. That's what they are looking for in such a safety sensetive title.

since i`m not that familer with the train operator job what r the things they might do be wrong like i know if u see a red light stop what else envolves it i know in the cab they also have different switches were the motor man drives the train i did work off the books but and it`s more then 5 years but i worked on the books 1 and half on the books part time

If you have held down full time work for at least 5 years you are somewhat responsible. That's what they are looking for in such a safety sensetive title.

Like me. Been working for the NYC Dept of Education for 5 years now.

since i`m not that familer with the train operator job what r the things they might do be wrong like i know if u see a red light stop what else envolves it i know in the cab they also have different switches were the motor man drives the train i did work off the books but and it`s more then 5 years but i worked on the books 1 and half on the books part time

There are more than just red lights. You have signals with different meanings, timed signals, posted signs along the wall indicating different rules, procedures. You have rules and regulations you need to memorize, safety regulations. Remember, you can easily be having 1,000+ lives on your hand. You need to know how to do your job well.

Some people just require more trainning, and some pick it up quickly. Just like the young man who takes trains for the joy of it, I'm quite sure he did not go through 6 months of training but he was still able to drive that train reather well.

Who says he operated it well?

I heard something to the effect that the MTA was not getting enough qualified canidates

from within so that's why they started with the O/C exam. Again thats what I heard.....

If they cant find qualified people from within how much better could they do using people off the street who have no idea how the system works? That must explain why they are blasting through the o/c list.

Does anyone know exactly why did the mta make an o/c exam for t/o for the first time in 2000 anyway, i was always curious?

There are a couple of reasons. One is with somebody off of the open competetive test the MTA has all of the leverage. With a promotional person they can at any time say I've had it I'm going back to my old title, if they feel that they aren't being treated professionally.

Another reason is that the MTA was trying to get more white people. Whites are very willing to take the T/O job because it starts out paying well and you have very little interaction with the scum that the C/R's deal with everyday. Most whites are NOT willing to take the C/R, cleaner, or clerk jobs where you start out making very little money for 3-5 years and have to deal with the public everyday.

A third reason is that the MTA is trying to brain wash there new employees to be terrified of losing there jobs if they don't rat out there partners or other employees for every tiny offense. Again with a promotional they already know how the system works and they have the comfort of having a title to fall back on.

The not getting enough qualified people from within is true to a point because alot of C/R's take the promotion and then go back to C/R within the first year because they are able to get better days off and jobs. The title of T/O is one of the slowest seniority moving titles in the TA. No weekends off for over 10 years no holidays off for even longer.

Some people just require more trainning, and some pick it up quickly. Just like the young man who takes trains for the joy of it, I'm quite sure he did not go through 6 months of training but he was still able to drive that train reather well.

In all the articles I've read about Darius McCollum I've never seen any that mentioned his operation. Just that he's stolen trains and buses before.

I think I recall discussions about Darius before talking about his train operation which was full of overruns, BIE's, and other screw ups. Far from SAFE operating.

Archived