Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

Does anyone know if they are still calling off the promotional list or have they gone to the open list? Just curious but I am sure with the holidays they may not call many until after the holidays.

Still on the promotional.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still on the promotional.

Correct...as Alex L said, a class coming up in Dec, a class coming up in Jan. My guess is when they are done with both, they should be close to half way through the promotional. This was also confirmed by another source, who I will not reveal, but is someone who would know.

I hope they start calling from the list after the holidays...At least while I wait I have my chances for either B/O or C/O for transit.

It will probably take a little longer than that for C/R to get to the o/c list, but not very much longer. I'd imagine the first classes would figure to be sometime around the late spring or early summer 2010, of course that's just a guess on my part and subject to change :)

It will probably take a little longer than that for C/R to get to the o/c list, but not very much longer. I'd imagine the first classes would figure to be sometime around the late spring or early summer 2010, of course that's just a guess on my part and subject to change :)

That can be true!!!

Yeah your close, but it may be more like mid-late summer before they get to the first O/C test people. They have only sent the first 203 names out of 445 eligible promotional list numbers. I just finish speaking to a cleaner I know who's list number is 129 and he just got called down to brooklyn recently. With classes scheduled this month and january they should be close to exhausting those 203 people. And maybe for the next 3-4 months after that they will be finish with the next 242 people.

Yeah your close, but it may be more like mid-late summer before they get to the first O/C test people. They have only sent the first 203 names out of 445 eligible promotional list numbers. I just finish speaking to a cleaner I know who's list number is 129 and he just got called down to brooklyn recently. With classes scheduled this month and january they should be close to exhausting those 203 people. And maybe for the next 3-4 months after that they will be finish with the next 242 people.

Not a bad time frame at all.

Yay. I'll be 18 when I'm called :)

Mass I am sorry to say that they will not get up to you with a score that low for CR. You need at least a 94 or higher to make it in. Bus Operator you will get called but it will take a long time maybe 3 years.

Well then thank god I got a 96 then.

Mass I am sorry to say that they will not get up to you with a score that low for CR. You need at least a 94 or higher to make it in. Bus Operator you will get called but it will take a long time maybe 3 years.

Hey an 88.00% is not that bad! This exam was too easy, but at the same time I know with any exam they look at the people that scored higher, and are the first to go before they ever get to me...I'll see what happens with B/O when they ever get to me...

Hey an 88.00% is not that bad! This exam was too easy, but at the same time I know with any exam they look at the people that scored higher, and are the first to go before they ever get to me...I'll see what happens with B/O when they ever get to me...

Never mind what your score was, the only number that matters is your list number. You must be in the #8,000-#9,000 list number range.

At least with the 8006 B/O list you will get called eventually since it's a much smaller list then the 8094.

Yay. I'll be 18 when I'm called ;)

What was your list number on C/R exam?. I'm glad to see you wanna get into the job at a early but, Just know we have a 25/55 pension tier. Which means you have to work at least 25 years and be 55 years old to retire. so your looking at a 37 year long stretch before you meet the minimum requirements to retire. Also have you had any jobs? Because they may still want you to have some work experience to be hired. So if you haven't worked any job yet, I suggest you get one. I started working for transit at the age of 26, so I have to work 29 years before I can retire. I've already done 4 years, 25 more to go.

Yeah and just as JR said, on the C/R you can almost forget about that one. If you don't score at least a 92%-100% it can be very hard to get a call from the (NYCT). You may have a slight chance some where way at the end of list number being called if you score in the high eighties. With the B/O exam you have a good shot in about 2 1/2 years.

What was your list number on C/R exam?. I'm glad to see you wanna get into the job at a early but, Just know we have a 25/55 pension tier. Which means you have to work at least 25 years and be 55 years old to retire. so your looking at a 37 year long stretch before you meet the minimum requirements to retire. Also have you had any jobs? Because they may still want you to have some work experience to be hired. So if you haven't worked any job yet, I suggest you get one. I started working for transit at the age 26, so I have to work 29 years before I can retire. I've already done 4 years, 25 more to go.

According to the NOE there is no job requirement for C/R.

According to the NOE there is no job requirement for C/R.

Yeah I know that's why I said they "may" still want you to have some work experience. Having work experience is not required for lots of jobs, but it looks better to hand in a completely filled out application than a blank one. But by him being so young he could only have started working since age 14 for summer youth, and age 16 at a normal job. So if he hasn't worked before I suggest he go flip them burgers lol. :tup:

I understand where you guys are coming from after checking out the list from the conductor exam. The list is a mile long for the people that scored 92 and higher. Since I already have my CDL Class B maybe my chances will be good with B/O as you guys stated, but I have to keep moving around until that time comes since we're still in a recession. A lot people turn out for these exams especially how the economy is, and at the same time people are with out jobs... Thanks for your replys!!!

What was your list number on C/R exam?. I'm glad to see you wanna get into the job at a early but, Just know we have a 25/55 pension tier. Which means you have to work at least 25 years and be 55 years old to retire. so your looking at a 37 year long stretch before you meet the minimum requirements to retire. Also have you had any jobs? Because they may still want you to have some work experience to be hired. So if you haven't worked any job yet, I suggest you get one. I started working for transit at the age of 26, so I have to work 29 years before I can retire. I've already done 4 years, 25 more to go.

Yeah, I know I'm in it for the long stretch :)

Yeah, I've worked before. As a matter of fact, my school has me in an internship program right now :P

My list number? between 1300 and 1400

Yeah, I know I'm in it for the long stretch :)

Yeah, I've worked before. As a matter of fact, my school has me in an internship program right now ;)

My list number? between 1300 and 1400

No Way U Have A List Number Like That On C/R With An 88, Are U Refering To The Bus Test?

Archived