Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

EXCELLENT post and you are spot on. The people that spout this garbage care only about money. The people are extremely shallow in these jobs, and they will sell you out. They say they aren't "forced" to work those hours because it sounds better, but they really are. I do not know a single person who enjoys staying late. However, I do know plenty who try to justify it as "not that bad" by using stupid reasons like "they pay for my dinner when I work more than 10 hours"

Now as for the "hiring freeze" comments, I'm just going to say this and it's my personal opinion on the matter. Things are moving along and until I hear otherwise from a reputable source involved with schoolcar or C/R hiring (since this is the C/R thread not the B/O thread) I will continue to assume things are moving along as scheduled. And no, a news media story talking about a freeze is not a reputable source, since if you believe everything the media tells you, you still think that the conductor is the one "driving" the train...and that's that. I understand the position of the employees here because they don't want to encourage people to put all their eggs in one basket, but I really think it's too early to start saying classes are going to get cancelled and years are going to be added to people's wait times. When something comes up that would make that true, then it's newsworthy but right now it is all speculation and much like the "car assignments and moves" discussions, "I'll believe it when I see it"

Hey aint nothing wrong with optimism, I believe all this stuff the MTA is talking about is BS anyway. But if the hring freeze is true and they do in fact lay off people then anyone on a waiting list should reasonably expect to wait a little longer.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update... The next conductor class is on schedule. I am in the next class for dec. 28

Congrats! Hope to be working with you soon!

Ok for all the other C/R and T/O classes are STILL being called they got Promotional C/R's and O/C T/O classes from the last list being hired. Where it will get tricky is IF they cut service but that is still al wait and see game. All those who are on the current T/O list and the Future C/R and T/O list hope is is alive!

Consider this an early Christmas present:

Today I received a hiring plan for 2010 with C/R and T/O classes all year.

Please stop beating the dead horse.

oh cool. does it say how many T/Os are supposed to be hired in the next year? and if they're gonna keep using this OLD list from 2003 or start using the promotionals from June 6th, 2009's exam?

Heh Good old Alex.....

I know of at least 4 T/O's who are going to be gone by February and these T/O's have three digit file numbers...

I wont know how that will reflect on me until i pick though which isnt for another 5 months...

The way it was worded he made it seem like they are being laid off. Why would he mention that they have a 3 digit file #?.

Its called "shop talk" i keep forgetting that not everyone here works for RTO..:P

My bad but i see others already answered the question thanks guys!

Thanks for that info , It sounds like the most informative quote that I have heard or read in quite a while.

• 2 weeks later...
So I guess all quiet and no news is good news? LOL

Originally Posted by Alex L. View Post

Archived