• (W) Astoria/Broadway Line
    • (B) Brighton Line
    • (D) 4 Avenue/West End Line
    • (M) Chrystie St/Williamsburg Bridge/Myrtle Av Line

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

The (N) needs to stop giving way (according to some riders) to other lines at junctions. I'll give you examples of these

(N) gives in occasionally to:

Queens

(W) at Astoria Boulevard

(R) at Queensboro Plaza (Towards Manhattan)

Manhattan

(Q) at Times Sq 42nd St (To Brooklyn)

(R)(W) at 34th Street Herald Square (Toward Queens)

(Q) when approaching Canal Street (To Brooklyn on Weekends)

Brooklyn

(Q) when crossing the Manhattan Bridge (to Manhattan)

(D) to Atlantic-Pacific (Coney Island Bound)

(D) at 36th Street (Manhattan Bound)

I understand this is for train traffic purposes but most (N) riders tell me about this. I don't have a problem with it personally but this is what they tend to complain about the most.

The (N) needs to stop giving way (according to some riders) to other lines at junctions. I'll give you examples of these

(N) gives in occasionally to:

Queens

(W) at Astoria Boulevard

(R) at Queensboro Plaza (Towards Manhattan)

What do you mean when you say the (W) at Astoria Boulevard? There's only 2 tracks in service at that station. And when it comes to the 59th Street tunnel, it's either the (N) or (R) at stake because the (N) has the natural lineup. I don't think either line has advantage in that situation.

What do you mean when you say the (W) at Astoria Boulevard? There's only 2 tracks in service at that station. And when it comes to the 59th Street tunnel, it's either the (N) or (R) at stake because the (N) has the natural lineup. I don't think either line has advantage in that situation.

There have been occasions where there are two (W) trains at Ditmars Blvd. Or in some cases, the (N) and (W) have to wait more than five minutes at Astoria Boulevard for one (N) or (W) train to leave Ditmars Boulevard.

Not to offend anyone, but a survey by the Straphangers Campaign has ranked the (Q) as the most dirty line on the BMT. The R68 and R68A cars on the (Q) were checked by the campaign and the findings on the (Q) included some dangerous litter such as rolling glass bottles. The last survey was taken in December of 2007.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd have to say the (N). The express runs via 4 Av. are epic and, if you're lucky enough to get a R32 or a 40 slant and a T/O with an affinity to being a bit of a speed demon (ala my friend Mike), it's one hell of a ride.

Of course, the (J) comes in a close 2nd and right behind that - my home line, the (L).

I voted (L) cause I live off it, love the R143s and the signs/announcements in the stations. But it's nearly a tie for the (N) and (Q). The (Q) through Brooklyn is one of my favorite routes and the 4th Ave (N) service is like a rocket. Not to mention how nice the slow ride over the Manhattan Bridge is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My vote is for the only skip-stop left... the good ol' (J)/(Z) because the skip-stop is kinda funny when you go by stations. For example, if you ride a R42 (Z) train (if there is any left lol) and you go by the stations, just look at the expressions on people's faces. It's hillarious!!!

Archived