R46's On the (A)pple and the Very Last 2 R38's

R32 3838

Great...:confused: Now I not only have to deal with the "Farts" on the A, but also the "Ghostly Ones". Well, i guess I'll just enjoy my rides on the (A) R32s and R40s while I still can. And then I will be prepared to greet the bloated cousin of the R42... The R42s looked good on the A. They looked good on all the lines that they ran on. If one disregards the fine brown coating of rust on the roof, the messed up windows, and the overall neglect, then they are actually very decent cars.(A)(:((C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(H)(K)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)<R>(W)(Z)

Great...:confused: Now I not only have to deal with the "Farts" on the A, but also the "Ghostly Ones". Well, i guess I'll just enjoy my rides on the (A) R32s and R40s while I still can. And then I will be prepared to greet the bloated cousin of the R42... The R42s looked good on the A. They looked good on all the lines that they ran on. If one disregards the fine brown coating of rust on the roof, the messed up windows, and the overall neglect, then they are actually very decent cars.(A)(:((C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(H)(K)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)<R>(W)(Z)

i cannot believe you just said this.

Okay the R40M/R42s are not coming back to Pitkin/207 unless they really are in dire need for trains because these trains everybody hated (T/Os, C/Rs, Dispatchers and the people). They had so many problems with the R40M/42s on the (A) and (C) lines (although I thought it was good). The R46s are moving (once again) to replace the remaining R38s and R40 Slants.

Okay the R40M/R42s are not coming back to Pitkin/207 unless they really are in dire need for trains because these trains everybody hated (T/Os, C/Rs, Dispatchers and the people). They had so many problems with the R40M/42s on the (A) and (C) lines (although I thought it was good). The R46s are moving (once again) to replace the remaining R38s and R40 Slants.

so does this mean that the slants are going to go asap then?

i cannot believe you just said this.

Guys, let's not argue about this.

so does this mean that the slants are going to go asap then?

For the time being. The R40-R42 fleet cannot run 8 car consists on the (C) without moving the conductor board. It's not easy running through a crowded platform just to get to the last car of a crowded train. The slants are exclusively running on the (A) now. And hopefully, the R46s will provide extra service. I would hit for the slants to go so soon.

Great...:confused: Now I not only have to deal with the "Farts" on the A, but also the "Ghostly Ones". Well, i guess I'll just enjoy my rides on the (A) R32s and R40s while I still can. And then I will be prepared to greet the bloated cousin of the R42... The R42s looked good on the A. They looked good on all the lines that they ran on. If one disregards the fine brown coating of rust on the roof, the messed up windows, and the overall neglect, then they are actually very decent cars.(A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(H)(K)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)<R>(W)(Z)

I prefer the ghostly ones rather then a fart anyday. The R46s are actually fast and they don't emit that stink that all St. Louis Cars give off. The 44's are now going for it's SMS starting very soon. I thought this might take a year but it's happing faster then I thought!!!

I prefer the ghostly ones rather then a fart anyday. The R46s are actually fast and they don't emit that stink that all St. Louis Cars give off. The 44's are now going for it's SMS starting very soon. I thought this might take a year but it's happing faster then I thought!!!
Of all the 75' SMEEs, the R46s have the worse suspension. They feel quite bumpy even at very low speeds whereas the R44s rarely bump unless they hit 55 mph. I'm glad that the R46s got an SMS b/c some of their brakes sqeak like R32 brakes. Ouch!

Archived