Doomesday is here

Shortline Bus

Breaking News. The MTA this morning 3/26/09 has approved both fares kikes and service cuts as part of the doomesday budget. However MTA boss Lee Sandler did state that a 'last minute' window of a miracle state bailout within a couple of weeks could still reduce some or most of the subway/bus/LIRR & MNRR cuts though.

For the first time publicly the MTA Board announced plans to leave as much as 3,000 jobs including many TWU jobs. So dont be surprised if TWU Boss Roger Toousaint calls a 1-day or more walkoff after his infamous 2005 Pre Christmas strike.

Pretty bad typo there, you might want to fix that.. lol =\

In reaction to the plan.. I get the fare hikes, but I think it would be just wrong to eliminate the (W) and (Z).

I still fail to see the use of (Z). But the (W) being lost is a terrible thing :) This economy needs to turn around big time.

I still fail to see the use of (Z). But the (W) being lost is a terrible thing B) This economy needs to turn around big time.

True. I admit i was a 'baby' in last sevre recession in the 1970's but after those era of doomesday cuts and deffered matience it took nearly 30 years before the MTA got back to ridership levels of the mid 20th century.

Now it about to end.:mad:

I hate to see the N go local on Broadway. It'll defeat its purpose and it would no longer be the fastest route from Midtown to Coney Island. If the cuts do take place, the Broadway line should run like the Lexington line with 2 expresses and one local, not like the 8th Avenue line with 1 express and 2 locals.

This is crap. This is crap! Albany is BS. Paterson is a useless man. I'm not paying for no god-damned $2.50 just for a shady ride. Bad service, crowded and dirty. People need the subways, the buses. And all that goverment funding to each state from Obama. Paterson is cheap, not spending, one cent on this. Look at the city, funding for stuff like Atlantic Ave. Knicks Stadium, or the new WTC towers, that has construction stopped, and funding still going on. The (MTA) fuding for something like Fulton Transit Center, that what has only have a few workers, working, WTF, $103 for a month. We have families, you Paterson make over 200K. Take a hike, no one is relecting you, like I said, I rather have Rod Balgoevich.

Eliminating the (W) and (Z) would be ridicolous. Why not make the (Z) the Nassau EXP, and the (J) and (M) the locals.

Also, Doomsday called for reducing operating times on my home bus line. (Q42) Service is already lop-sided as is with buses coming every "whenver" and no weekend service. It's stupid to see it being reduced even more.

I hate to see the N go local on Broadway. It'll defeat its purpose and it would no longer be the fastest route from Midtown to Coney Island. If the cuts do take place, the Broadway line should run like the Lexington line with 2 expresses and one local, not like the 8th Avenue line with 1 express and 2 locals.

The (N)will under this change run on it weekend pattern. Local in Manahttan/Queens and 'express' in Brooklyn via the Manhattan Bridge 24/7. The big negative is that Bway Local stations between City Hall-Lawerence St in Downtown Brooklyn will now close from about Midnight-530 am at all times.

To be fair on the doomesday cuts, not trying to sound Forest Glen but i say this. Why is the (V) late evening service not also be cut? After 9pm the "V" is a ghost town with only time it get riders is along QB local stations.

The (V) should only run from about 6am-9pm 7 days a week and have the (E) run las QB ocal at all times the (V) is not running.

This is crap. This is crap! Albany is BS. Paterson is a useless man. I'm not paying for no got-darned $2.50 just for a shady ride. Bad service, crowded and dirty. People need the subways, the buses. And all that goverment funding to each state from Obama. Paterson is cheap, not spending, one cent on this. Look at the city, funding for stuff like Atlantic Ave. Knicks Stadium, or the new WTC towers, that has construction stopped, and funding still going on. The (MTA) fuding for something like Fulton Transit Center, that what has only have a few workers, working, WTF, $103 for a month. We have families, you Paterson make over 200K. Take a hike, no one is relecting you, like I said, I rather have Rod Balgoevich.
I truly hope that the senate and the assembly can sleep tight tonight but I damn sure hope that their constituents won't forget because I know I won't some of these same people that we elect neglect the Transportation system by 1 NOT RIDING it so they can give 2 ****S because they have their chauffeurs take them to where they need to go Malcolm Smith should expect to be out of a JOB when he comes up for re-election Governor Paterson their are no words for him he is a one and done and the same for some of the other a-holes that run this dysfunctional state government

To be fair on the doomesday cuts, not trying to sound Forest Glen but i say this. Why is the (V) late evening service not also be cut? After 9pm the "V" is a ghost town with only time it get riders is along QB local stations.

The (V) should only run from about 6am-9pm 7 days a week and have the (E) run las QB ocal at all times the (V) is not running.

As a QB rider, I wouldn't want to see this change unless a G.O. forces this. When I travel to uptown Manhattan for my track meets, I definitely wouldn't want to take the (E) local all the way to 42nd Street, and ride the (A) local all the way to 168th. Its unnecessary and will make travel times longer for no reason.

As a QB rider, I wouldn't want to see this change unless a G.O. forces this. When I travel to uptown Manhattan for my track meets, I definitely wouldn't want to take the (E) local all the way to 42nd Street, and ride the (A) local all the way to 168th. Its unnecessary and will make travel times longer for no reason.

That's the problem. Alot of people do not want service cuts to some lines cause it would make it harder to get from point A to B. MTA has to do what benefits them economically. If ones trip gets extended, and they have to transfer trains, then so be it. No need to have service for the few, cause it makes it easier for them. MTA is a business, and has to be ran as such.......

I truly hope that the senate and the assembly can sleep tight tonight but I damn sure hope that their constituents won't forget because I know I won't some of these same people that we elect neglect the Transportation system by 1 NOT RIDING it so they can give 2 ****s because they have their chauffeurs take them to where they need to go Malcolm Smith should expect to be out of a JOB when he comes up for re-election Governor Paterson their are no words for him he is a one and done and the same for some of the other a-holes that run this dysfunctional state government

Guys this is the screwed up government in Albany goes back a long time to the late 19th Century over 100 years ago. Only the names changed not the politics,

I made that suggestion because the (W) which is much busier line is getting cut altogether. All i said was that IMO only evening service after 9pm on the (V) being fair should go and not during weekday rush hours/middays.

I suggest a 2-4 day transit boycott, you can't be fired if no one shows up.

In addition, next election focus on transit friendly candidates.

The 2 most powerful tools we have is our dollar & our vote. Lets put them to work.

I vow to only use PATH & LIRR from now on, screw 2.50 for a subway ride. PATH goes where i want to go. No sweat off my back, and only 1.75 a swipe. If you can, use the 33rd st PATH line instead of the subway, you'll save 75 cents a swipe!

- A

Instead of rebelling against the (MTA), why don't just live through it like mature people. I know we are in tough times right now, but fighting against the (MTA) will do us no good. We all just have to learn to accept things in our lives no matter how much we don't like it. I mean, we all saw this coming, so the best thing to do is just try to live our normal lives. Another part of me says that this is actually an improvement. :)

Instead of rebelling against the (MTA), why don't just live through it like mature people. I know we are in tough times right now, but fighting against the (MTA) will do us no good. We all just have to learn to accept things in our lives no matter how much we don't like it. I mean, we all saw this coming, so the best thing to do is just try to live our normal lives. Another part of me says that this is actually an improvement. :)

Um. I personally believe this isn't the (MTA)'s fault. It's the state legislature. They could have saved the (MTA), but nooooo. Can't toll drivers.

you know if you guys don't like the (MTA) then move to another city in another state and use other transit systems.

We don't like (MTA) in the way they manage and control things and that is one of the reasons why a forum is here. However, that doesn't stop us from riding (MTA) now does it....

Archived