My Subway Map - Includes the yellow (D) and the (P)(T)(Y)

Luis1985

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lance25

After looking at your maps, let me first say wow, that is one large subway system you've got here. I seriously doubt people would be clamoring for more service with the sheer amount of lines serving each of the five boroughs. Unfortunately I see some problems with some of the lines...

- Line Length

The (1), (7), (K), (P), (Q), (S) and (Y) lines are way too long

- The Whitehall Terminal

While it might look like all the lower Manhattan stations are very close on the (MTA) map, Broad St, Whitehall St and Bowling Green are several blocks apart from each other. I would leave Fulton St as the transfer point since those stations are closer.

- The Staten Is. Lines

Personally, I think that there are too many lines going into S.I. The island goes from having little mass transit to being over-saturated with it. Also, I wouldn't send any lines that go through Manhattan to S.I. as that makes the lines incredibly long. Instead, I'd suggest a separate line that connects with 4th Ave in Brooklyn and/or one or more of the lower Manhattan lines.

- Route Redundancies

- Bedford Ave doesn't need a subway line. Nostrand and Brighton are good enough for that area. Instead, I'd move the (O) to Utica Ave.

- Also, Amsterdam Ave doesn't need a line either with B'way-7 Ave and 8 Ave literally a block away in most cases.

Besides that, I don't really see any other glaring problems with this map. I have to admit I like the fact that you added the Myrtle Av line and a far Westside line to this map

After looking at your maps, let me first say wow, that is one large subway system you've got here. I seriously doubt people would be clamoring for more service with the sheer amount of lines serving each of the five boroughs. Unfortunately I see some problems with some of the lines...

- Line Length

- The Whitehall Terminal

While it might look like all the lower Manhattan stations are very close on the (MTA) map, Broad St, Whitehall St and Bowling Green are several blocks apart from each other. I would leave Fulton St as the transfer point since those stations are closer.

- The Staten Is. Lines

Personally, I think that there are too many lines going into S.I. The island goes from having little mass transit to being over-saturated with it. Also, I wouldn't send any lines that go through Manhattan to S.I. as that makes the lines incredibly long. Instead, I'd suggest a separate line that connects with 4th Ave in Brooklyn and/or one or more of the lower Manhattan lines.

- Route Redundancies

- Bedford Ave doesn't need a subway line. Nostrand and Brighton are good enough for that area. Instead, I'd move the (O) to Utica Ave.

- Also, Amsterdam Ave doesn't need a line either with B'way-7 Ave and 8 Ave literally a block away in most cases.

Besides that, I don't really see any other glaring problems with this map. I have to admit I like the fact that you added the Myrtle Av line and a far Westside line to this map

lol true, have u seen the (:P(D)(N)(X) lines as well?

- Line Length

- The Whitehall Terminal

- The Staten Is. Lines

- Route Redundancies

About Staten Island, the only really unnecessary line looks like the (:P and maybe the (1) since there isn't really much at the Teleport nowadays (by the way, check the stops on that line with the Staten Island Bus Map bacause they seem kind of out of order).

Other than that, it makes sense. There can be a train that can run in the median of the Staten Island Expressway, and some lines on the North Shore Line and Main Line. There needs to be some express service on some of these lines, though.

Also, I wouldn't recommend extending all of those lines there, since Staten Island is further than it looks on the map. If I were making this map, I would bring back the 5th Avenue Elevated and run all of the services on that line. I would have it use the tracks through the Army Terminal and then go to 39th Street and go to the elevated, then go over the Brooklyn Bridge to City Hall.

I agree with lance25 about the Whitehall Street-South Ferry-Broad Street-Bowling Green station. While it seems like a great idea to connect everything near the Staten Island Ferry (which would probably be closed, since there are so many connections to SI ((1)(7)(K)(Y)), the Bowling Green station is 2 or 3 blocks from South Ferry, and the Broad Street station is up by Wall Street.

About Staten Island, the only really unnecessary line looks like the (:P and maybe the (1) since there isn't really much at the Teleport nowadays (by the way, check the stops on that line with the Staten Island Bus Map bacause they seem kind of out of order).

Other than that, it makes sense. There can be a train that can run in the median of the Staten Island Expressway, and some lines on the North Shore Line and Main Line. There needs to be some express service on some of these lines, though.

Also, I wouldn't recommend extending all of those lines there, since Staten Island is further than it looks on the map. If I were making this map, I would bring back the 5th Avenue Elevated and run all of the services on that line. I would have it use the tracks through the Army Terminal and then go to 39th Street and go to the elevated, then go over the Brooklyn Bridge to City Hall.

I agree with lance25 about the Whitehall Street-South Ferry-Broad Street-Bowling Green station. While it seems like a great idea to connect everything near the Staten Island Ferry (which would probably be closed, since there are so many connections to SI ((1)(7)(K)(Y)), the Bowling Green station is 2 or 3 blocks from South Ferry, and the Broad Street station is up by Wall Street.

the staten island stops were checked by the SI Bus map, however, some of the streets close off, thats y i had to put them in that kind of order.

Broad Street is indirectly connected to Wall Street through the Equitable Building. There is a T shaped corridor at the lower level and it leads to the fare controls of the two different stations. There are no plans to build a transfer passageway between the two because that is rather redundant considering how there is Brooklyn Bridge (2 stops up) and Fulton Street (which is currently being made simpler by the means of the FSTC project)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry Guys. The reason why i'm reposting these maps was because i moved them to a different folder on Photo Bucket, and now the picture doesn't show. So here are the maps again for those who haven't seen them yet.

Weekday:

All regular weekday service, including Rush Hour service.

MapWithExtensionsRegularMap4-22-10.jpg

Weekend:

Weekend service means no service on the (0) (8) (9) (U) (V)(W)(Z) trains,

- (A) runs local in Brooklyn,

- (C) operates between Ozone Park and Rockaway Blvd,

- (F) runs local in Manhattan,

- (G) runs between Church Av and Forest Hills,

- runs local,

- (L) Replaces the (U) between 137 St and Riverbank State Park,

- (M2) runs between Woodside and South Ferry,

-(X) runs local,

- (5) runs between Eastchester and South Ferry.

MapWithExtensionsWeekend4-22-10.jpg

Late Night:

Late Night service means no service on the (0) (8) (9)(E)(U) (V)(W)(Z) trains,

- (A) runs local in Brooklyn,

- (;) replaces the (E) between Rockefeller Center and Jamaica Center,

- (C) operates between Ozone Park and Rockaway Blvd,

- (F) runs local in Manhattan,

- (G) runs between Church Av and Forest Hills,

- (J) runs local,

- (L) Replaces the (U) between 137 St and Riverbank State Park,

- (M2) runs between Woodside and South Ferry,

-(P) runs local in Brooklyn,

- (R) runs local in Brooklyn between 59 St and DeKalb Av then normal to and from Jamaica,

-(X) runs local,

-(Y) runs local in Manhattan,

- (2) runs express in Manhattan and runs on the (1) line between Chambers St and South Ferry,

- (3) replaces the (2) in Brooklyn between Franklin Av and Kings Plaza,

- (4) will continue to replace the (3) in Brooklyn between Utica Av and New Lots Av and operates local in Brooklyn and Manhattan,

- (5) runs between Eastchester and South Ferry.

MapWithExtensionsLateNights4-22-10.jpg

i will be doing another update on these maps. once those updates are done, i will post them up with the changes...however, they will not include the (M) or any eliminations of the (M2)(V)(W) or any other lines. Changes will be on the (;)(F) on weekends and late nights, (0) (8) (9).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This would be my fantasy map

(:P 168 St-Washington Heights- Coney Island, Brooklyn

using the West End Line, 4 Av Express, 6 Av Express and CPW Local.

Latenights it runs as a shuttle between 36st and Coney Island

(D) It would be the same except in Brooklyn it would run via Brighton Local

(Q6Av) To Forest Hills- Brighton Beach via Brighton Express, 6Av Express, 53st

and Queens Blvd Local (weekdays)

(F) Will run via Culver Express, Coney Island Trains run express and Kings Highway Trains run local everything else the same (weekdays)

(C) To Norwood 205 St, Bronx- Euclid Avenue(Daytime) other times use (A)(:P(D) to replace it

(N) Via Broadway Express all times using the Manhattan Bridge except latenights and weekends

(R) Latenights to 57 Street-7 Avenue

The return of the (1)/(9) skip stop

everything else I will leave it the way it is

This would be my fantasy map

(:P 168 St-Washington Heights- Coney Island, Brooklyn

using the West End Line, 4 Av Express, 6 Av Express and CPW Local.

Latenights it runs as a shuttle between 36st and Coney Island

(D) It would be the same except in Brooklyn it would run via Brighton Local

(Q6Av) To Forest Hills- Brighton Beach via Brighton Express, 6Av Express, 53st

and Queens Blvd Local (weekdays)

(F) Will run via Culver Express, Coney Island Trains run express and Kings Highway Trains run local everything else the same (weekdays)

(C) To Norwood 205 St, Bronx- Euclid Avenue(Daytime) other times use (A)(B)(D) to replace it

(N) Via Broadway Express all times using the Manhattan Bridge except latenights and weekends

(R) Latenights to 57 Street-7 Avenue

The return of the (1)/(9) skip stop

everything else I will leave it the way it is

The make a thread about it & make the map :P

Archived