4/29/09 Pics & Vids! : The Duke Ellington Day Special And More!

Cait Sith

Man what a day it was! Met alot of familiar faces like 33rd Street, R32 3838, and one of the newest members of NYCTF, bknightshadow45. It was a pleasure seeing & meeting you guys!

So today after the arnine excursion, curtis, bknightshadow45 and I decided to do the (F) line to Coney Island and Sea Beach back up, little did we know we had a ton of interesting things happening.

(D) Trains rerouted via Brighton & Sea Beach, an R160B Siemens (Q) train on the Sea Beach line with "VIA SEA BEACH" signs, (B) trains via Sea Beach, (N) trains via Brighton with "VIA BRIGHTON" signs, and select (D) trains via Culver because of two police investigations, one at Ave. U on the (N) and one at 36th Street cause someone got robbed on the platform. It was chaos on the three major lines EXCEPT the (F) line! And it was really great to be a part of that entire episode!

Pictures

DSC00626.jpg

DSC00627.jpg

DSC00629.jpg

DSC00630.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

Now THIS was on purpose and well coordinated. The (MTA) wanted to make the railbuffs go nuts

DSC00636.jpg

DSC00638.jpg

DSC00640.jpg

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00647.jpg

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00666.jpg

Nostalgic R68A Rollsigns

DSC00667.jpg

DSC00668.jpg

The (N) via the (Q) @ Atlantic Ave

DSC00669.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

Bonus Photo

DSC00618.jpg

One video to start off the day, I got more uploading and coming real soon :D

Enjoy!

Excellent Pics! I almost made it to check out all that craziness however it ended before I even got to 1 of them. The N via Brighton 1 I would of not have made it anyway and the N via Brighton is 1 of the things I really love to see and I had dreams about it as well. I pretty much miss out on 2 chances on getting 1 however I hope the saying "3 Times a charm" holds true to me!

Thanks everyone!

The cliffhanger was at 36th Street when the (N) and (R) trains had their doors closed for 8 minutes. We were on the (N) while the police were conducting their investigation, someone got robbed on the platform.

The Sea Beach/Coney Island/Brighton madness was amazing, There were several R160s on the (Q) coming from Sea Beach with extras coming from the yard. The entire episode @ Coney Island was great. Hope it happens again!

The Sea Beach/Coney Island/Brighton madness was amazing, There were several R160s on the (Q) coming from Sea Beach with extras coming from the yard. The entire episode @ Coney Island was great. Hope it happens again!

I hope it does happen again. I was on my way to get the LIRR to Flatbush when everything ended so I went back to my normal plans for the day. I really want to see the N via Brighton again but this time I want to be there to see it myself! B)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2)

I had heard about this on the news last week and figured it was days away; probably the weekend. I didn't know when until I saw the G/O notice Thursday, the day after. The notice did not seem to be up Monday or before. B)

• 11 months later...

Archived