The New "Taking Of Pelham 123"

BklynSouth

if u based ur opnion on the factual part of the movie it fails there isnt an irt train that goes on the manhattan bridge let alone to coney island and the locations were off if you are a train buff the movie is not technical enough and factual enough

if u based ur opnion on the factual part of the movie it fails there isnt an irt train that goes on the manhattan bridge let alone to coney island and the locations were off if you are a train buff the movie is not technical enough and factual enough

The thing is, not everyone who goes to see the film is a railbuff or is from New York. A native New Yorker who takes the subway everyday would know damn well that the "number trains" don't run on the Manny B.

I will not give an opinion 'cos I haven't seen the remake, but the original is GREAT.

Mainly because it's from the 70s, although I kinda wish they used a tagged-up train. I doubt the remake retains the original's sense of humor.

The original was an excellent film that was accurate to the pelham line, the new one is putrid with accuracy even before they show the flushing line as the coney island line. They have "track 62", the hidden waldorf-astoria platform as part of the subway systemc somewhere near 33rd street, dead wrong it is at GCT.

The film itself was mediocre, Travolta used the phrase "motherf***er" as if it was a punctuation on every sentence. Gandolfini as an obese Gulliani/Bloomberg hybrid (looks like he ate both of them) was amusing.

• 10 months later...
The film itself was mediocre, Travolta used the phrase "motherf***er" as if it was a punctuation on every sentence. Gandolfini as an obese Gulliani/Bloomberg hybrid (looks like he ate both of them) was amusing.

I agree. We were showing it from on our Prov-NY runs and most of the passengers were not impressed. After I watched it I realized why, If you've seen the original than this one really sucks.

The original was an excellent film that was accurate to the pelham line, the new one is putrid with accuracy even before they show the flushing line as the coney island line. They have "track 62", the hidden waldorf-astoria platform as part of the subway systemc somewhere near 33rd street, dead wrong it is at GCT.

LMAO.I have yet to see the remake but the original I`ve see many times and loved it.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Lol the Remake was a flawed errors galore ,the original was true to earth and was way better than its successors.

C'mon, its a movie for god's sake. They can only do so much. At least they actually filmed it in New York.

That being said, I had really been looking forward to it when it came out, and I was disappointed. Still, I did really like the dialogue between Travolta and the dispatcher dude (was it Denzel, I can't remember anymore lol); it was very intense.

C'mon, its a movie for god's sake. They can only do so much. At least they actually filmed it in New York.

That being said, I had really been looking forward to it when it came out, and I was disappointed. Still, I did really like the dialogue between Travolta and the dispatcher dude (was it Denzel, I can't remember anymore lol); it was very intense.

Yes, Denzel Washington.

Regular folks (outside the city) won't really care about the inaccuracies that much. It's not just made for us, it's for them as well. They got what they got.

It's Hollywood, they want to make the movie look good by using all kinds of scenery, hence the part where the (6) train's flying past Shea Stadium (LOL) but if that what rakes in the money for them, be my damn guest

TBH, the people who live outside of New York don't really care if the (6) runs R160s, or flies towards Flushing, that Shea Stadium is by the Pelham Line or that Grand Central is actually a station in Brooklyn. They paid money for action, not um... accuracy.

Archived