Suozzi: Keep orange stripe on Orion V's, but we're giving you less

JohnQPine

I don't see what the big deal is with the Orange stripe, if he wants the (MTA) to take full ownership he shouldn't have a say in what color it is (he shouldn't anyways).

The (MTA) needs to tell Suozzi to kick rocks, Nassau needs to start pulling its weight in the relationship or else.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe MTA Long Island Bus should keep the orange and blue strip because it nassau county buses..and the NG CNG'S should have the orange and blue strip as well even though MTA owns the buses but they are running under MTA Long Island Bus

Hey, please watch your mouth... Because, it is kinda offending me, the reason? Most of my friends are from Nassau County...

I lived there.

AWWangHey, please watch your mouth... Because, it is kinda offending me, the reason? Most of my friends are from Nassau County...

Why would his comment offend you if you don't even live in Nassau? Metsfan is right what he said about the "SUITS" LOL.

Everyone i talked to was either working class or yuppie, no in between, very strange actually...

My I go there frequently, and those people in Nassau are nice fellas... And whatever, don't defend MetsFan when you are not even part of my comment, since that marks the hint of a flame war boiling coming soon...

How about not replying to any of my comment on this thread, not only You and Metsfan but everyone else...

***END OF COMMENTING HERE***

Yea, uh, i lived there in bethpage, i really don't care for the area because of the people, was like living on another planet. I'm entitled to my own opinion.

- A

My I go there frequently, and those people in Nassau are nice fellas... And whatever, don't defend MetsFan when you are not even part of my comment, since that marks the hint of a flame war boiling coming soon...

How about not replying to any of my comment on this thread, not only You and Metsfan but everyone else...

You BSing the wrong way...

The comment was not offensive. Reread the post CAREFULLY. Its the TRUTH. Most of the, actually.... ALL Nassau County residents dont give a damn about the orange and blue paint scheme.

Residents just want a DECENT full funding bus service, thats all.

You BSing the wrong way...

The comment was not offensive. Reread the post CAREFULLY. Its the TRUTH. Most of the, actually.... ALL Nassau County residents dont give a damn about the orange and blue paint scheme. They want a DECENT full funding bus service, thats all.

Correct, those taking the bus care about service and reasonable fares, otherwise they would be driving or using LIRR, as i said. ;)

- A

Maybe for you....

I'll reply to whatever I want, thanks...

Gotta love how people (in this case, YOU) try to end an argument when you know you don't have a leg to stand on....

"because you have "friends" in Nassau...

I don't care if dude's (Metsfan's) comment offended you... and I'm not sticking up for the guy at all - he can do that on his own.... What I'm on here to say, is that he's spot on w/ what he said... and I'm sure, since YOU have "friends" in Nassau, they'll tell you the majority class of people that ride LIB on the regular....

...and I'm also sure they'll tell you it isn't the mid-to-upper, or the upper class folk... if they're honest with themselves anyway....

Just by Suozzi's actions, you can tell he's a character that wants everyone else to do his dirty work... when things aren't in his favor (like 99% of the time), he deflects all wrongdoing to the MTA... when things are going right, then he wants to stick his nose in all of a sudden... how long has this guy gotten away with the crap that he has, regarding LIB? and now he wants to throw a fit about removing some stripes off buses that run in "his" county, quote-unquote.... and you say he's just doing his job...

How laughable.....

I believe MTA Long Island Bus should keep the orange and blue strip because it nassau county buses..and the NG CNG'S should have the orange and blue strip as well even though MTA owns the buses but they are running under MTA Long Island Bus

They aren't running under (MTA) Long Island bus if (MTA) Regional Bus has been running for over a year. The (MTA) should be able to do whatever they want with these buses and since the NG's were bought under the (MTA) they have no problem painting the buses under the normal scheme.

Hey, please watch your mouth... Because, it is kinda offending me, the reason? Most of my friends are from Nassau County... (and rest of the thread that ensued from this comment)

Guys calm down. Metsfan only said the riders only cared about service, not the color of the bus. He didn't say anything offensive at all. He didn't say that the riders don't care about anything but would much rather keep blaming the (MTA) or keep supporting Suozzi, or something like that...

@Metsfan, w8hou, and B35 Via Church:

I also don't mind what color strips are on the bus, maybe I do. But, I was mainly annoyed on how Metsfan (or You, if you are Metsfan) called them mayonnaise. If you are referring them using food sauce levels/quality. I consider them a high level/quality Red Wine... Not a low quality mayonnaise!

And stop adding details on stuff that I could agree on, I know it'll come into something like this when people just cannot hold their posts and mouth, B)!

Because you have nothing to counter against anything we said.

I think the stripes matter more when the busses dip into Queens, if the Nassau busses are Orange its easier to tell them apart from the City Busses

Yes thats true, but all of them should be orange and blue because they run under the same company even though the NG' CNG's are nassau county buses they running under MTA Long Island Bus..you dont see any MTA Buses no different they changed all of the PBLS to blue and white stripe

Don't want a reply, then don't post!

They aren't running under (MTA) Long Island bus if (MTA) Regional Bus has been running for over a year. The (MTA) should be able to do whatever they want with these buses and since the NG's were bought under the (MTA) they have no problem painting the buses under the normal scheme.

The MTA Only owns the NG CNG'S!!..Nassau County owns all the Orion V CNG'S so therefore the shouldnt be able to do whatever they want to do..They can only do whatever they want with the NG CNG'S...But the NG CNG's run/under MTA Long Island Bus system so thats why they should have the NG CNG'S with the orange and blue stripe....You dont see any (MTA) Buses any other different color they changed all of the PBL's buses to blue and white stripe

Personally, I could care less what color it is wether it has the orange stripe or not. As long as it gets you from point A to point B without stopping at point C, the bus can be bright yellow with orange spots all over it for all I care lol.

Personally, I could care less what color it is wether it has the orange stripe or not. As long as it gets you from point A to point B without stopping at point C, the bus can be bright yellow with orange spots all over it for all I care lol.

Sorry that's a bit far, I don't want my bus looking like a Cheez It with the chicken pox... :)

Yes thats true, but all of them should be orange and blue because they run under the same company even though the NG' CNG's are nassau county buses they running under MTA Long Island Bus..you dont see any MTA Buses no different they changed all of the PBLS to blue and white stripe

However, it also has to do with liability. Nassau County owns all of the Long Island Bus fleet; the registration for the buses says in each: Property of Nassau County.

The orange may not be insignificant after all.

As far as I know, the O7 NG CNGs are owned by Nassau County too; all bus procurements for Long Island Bus are the responsibility of Nassau County, as they hold the title (even to the 1700s).

Archived