Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

I was called in sometime around the beginning of last summer to take the BOSS exam. At that point they told us that there was still a hiring freeze, but were preparing for when things started to move. On that day they had list numbers 1 through 75.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i called dcas and they told me that there was no movement on 8006 they said march 7 was for transit property protection agent.i guess 180 livingston st was wrong.i said i was sorry about saying he was telling lies.but there have been many people who pop up on this forum and talk bullshit lies.im glad 8006 is moving.so get a grip on your life.no one is perfect and i been on this forum for a few years.to all people i offended im sorry.i was given the wrong info from livingston st it fiqures.so please stop spewing your anger at me .take care

well shit, first you spill crap on members of this forum and now you are asking for help?
i said i got the wrong info from dcas and livingston st i said i was sorry what was i to think people pop up on this forum with lots of weird stuff im glad i have my correct info so chill out olegkha ok

Igor, glad to hear you're finally starting the process. Good luck with the Boss exam. Don't sweat it just take your time when answering the questions; they ask the same things (worded differently) several times, so be consistent.

Igor took the boss already for the 8006, I hope they don't compare both sets of answers, lol. They will get to your list number on the 8006 Igor, look at the 5025 list and that is

a bigger list then the 8006.

don't wait for ta to call you go for oa appoitment when ta number comes you will be able to switch to ta position if you will so desiee

but you still keep your time you put in with mabstoa when you switch over i hope to ta its this right or not dont want to say the wrong thing

new seniority

new probation

means you start from 0

the only thing you keep is your knowledge and your uniform :)

Igor if the difference is 1-2 years, it may worth it to change ones they will get to you on 8006. More then that I dono if its worth it.

I got a letter too, thank God, I also have an appt for the 8th

Update Update

A friend in the low 100's got his letter today. He is reporting March 8th.

:D

got letter too...double digits @ for early next week!!

So what happened when you guys reported? my list# is coming up

Thanks.

Hello to all! We've been waiting very long for this lol! In the meantime, I was working for Access A Ride until June 14th 2010. I resigned due to being scared of the job screwing up my license. My list is between 1045-1050! Just wondering how long it will take to get the letter and, if my time with access a ride gives me any kudos for my great job performance lol?! Good luck to all! I hope we all get hired!

Hello to all! We've been waiting very long for this lol! In the meantime, I was working for Access A Ride until June 14th 2010. I resigned due to being scared of the job screwing up my license. My list is between 1045-1050! Just wondering how long it will take to get the letter and, if my time with access a ride gives me any kudos for my great job performance lol?! Good luck to all! I hope we all get hired!

Igor, who works for Para Transit, has a couple of points on his CDL

for avoiding a traffic control device. They update the DCAS automated

line once a week. Last eligible certified is #191. Maybe if you call the

MTA HR dept you might get more accurate info.

The class that starts on March 28th may be the last one for this round of hiring.

Somebody who was recently hired posted on here that they are

going to have classes until April. I would figure they would hire until

they have met the needs of the MTA. It costs more to pay OT then to hire

new B/O's.

"It costs more to pay OT then to hire

new B/O's."

I would disagree. It costs less to pay overtime because when you hire a new employee, you have to pay that worker benefits. The worker who is doing overtime does not cost a penny extra in benefits.

someone said he was called down for 8006 list in the 400s has anybody got any news what they are up to 400 or higher please post dcas automated system has not updated still the same they are calling in hundreds wow 700s not far away a few weeks at most i hope please post:)

Seal, It took 1.5 years of sitting in the certified pool of 191 before they started hiring.

At that rate you might get called in 2013 if they keep a pool of say 200. My guess is that they are still taking from another list 5025 since 8006 is such a small list. Also, I heard they are just hiring the minimum they would rather pay O.T. since benefits are very expensive. I could be wrong but my source is pretty reliable DCAS/forum LOL hang in there.

Seal, It took 1.5 years of sitting in the certified pool of 191 before they started hiring.

At that rate you might get called in 2013 if they keep a pool of say 200. My guess is that they are still taking from another list 5025 since 8006 is such a small list. Also, I heard they are just hiring the minimum they would rather pay O.T. since benefits are very expensive. I could be wrong but my source is pretty reliable DCAS/forum LOL hang in there.

Your sources are not as reliable as you may think .

5025 is done, they are not calling from that list no more ( stop spreading the rumors. ) Maybe there is one or two people left who are finishing up their medical or reinstatement, but that's nothing. They are calling from 8006. With so many people who were hired and are in classes now OT is at the premium right now, and will get even more rare as classes will spit out students..

Archived