Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you're welcome. The BO exam is the hardest Transit OC exam out there.

I see Julio made this a sticky, good call. I think he is too tired to copy and paste the 8006 B/O list,lol. I wish we knew how many people took the exam, more specifically how many failed.

For the record the highest score from the 5025 exam back in 2006 was 97.5, however that list has 1,127 more people on it then the 8006.

Have you decided yet if you are going to go for B/O since they will call you first before Conductor. For now you are one of many "list slugs"...no offense, but you know what I mean.:P

I don't know yet if I will go for BO.

I know that you mentioned that not everybody passes the training which is true. Out of 105 students-drop outs/those that get fired before qualifying, about 40-50 make it.

Bottom line though is that it's in your hands. You have to pay attention to your instructor, leave your personal problems at home and focus on the task at hand. Everybody learns at a different pace, they give you a limited time behind the wheel before it really counts.

Yep plus I cant risk leaving my job and not getting hired that would be disasterous.

Well get ready then...cause any MTA job you will have to leave or go out sick for 10 days or so.....that's just the way it is......

For the record the highest score from the 5025 exam back in 2006 was 97.5, however that list has 1,127 more people on it then the 8006.

Theres no way to view 5025 is there?

Somebody on here said that they saw the list in the Chief once, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I subscribe to the Chief online, looked in the archives, found nothing, so I guess they remove the eligibles list after a certain time.

Did you come from the 5025 list Flash?

So what does all this mean? Anyone know what # they are up to on the current exam.

Around #4,000, perhaps a little more or a little bit less. 5025 list has 4,885 Unintellegibles...stay the course blew, stay the course, our time will come, just be prepared when it does.

They say hiring will resume on or around Dec 30th, but what they say and what they do are 2 different animals. Nothing is written in stone with the MTA, NADA.

Well get ready then...cause any MTA job you will have to leave or go out sick for 10 days or so.....that's just the way it is......

how long do they notify you to tell u wen to comin in for trainin?? like a week/month or so??...i saw a group of bus drivers today. i thought they were new trainees but they were only doing their 2 yr road exam i didnt know tht mta retest for the cdl written test n road exam. im still looking forward to getin my cdl LICENSE the permit expires within 1 yr tht is so wack!!

how long do they notify you to tell u wen to comin in for trainin?? like a week/month or so??...i saw a group of bus drivers today. i thought they were new trainees but they were only doing their 2 yr road exam i didnt know tht mta retest for the cdl written test n road exam. im still looking forward to getin my cdl LICENSE the permit expires within 1 yr tht is so wack!!

You can renew your cdl permit before it expires, no need to retake the written tests all over again. Yes, every 2 years they have to get 19a certification(federal requirement)they also go through a medical if I remember correctly. Don't worry about that now though, work on getting your CDL B first.

I can't answer your 1st question, somebody who has been hired already would know the answer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived