Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bro you don't know how my head is hurting if I should take this job with the crap that comes with it, I will think it over the weekend , but yea I am suppose to go in on Oct 31

At least you have options. I gave up my options on August 17th when I plead guilty to 3 traffic violations just so I wouldn't have anything pending. By the way I drive coach buses for a living so you know I just screwed myself and my license. 

bro you don't know how my head is hurting if I should take this job with the crap that comes with it, I will think it over the weekend , but yea I am suppose to go in on Oct 31

same here. This whole process is something else. I've been working for the city almost 3 years now and I would have to say this hiring process is crazy lol.

I had to plead guilty as well for a speeding ticket that I know I could of beat smh, only option I have is that I currently work a regular 8-4 job with benifets with weekends off..make around the same as a C/R but without the OT..but just debating is the job really worth the hassle and anything can go wrong within 1 year of probation

tdevon, if you work for the city currently and getting the same benifets and pay..why leave ? I am not a type of guy who can sit behind a desk for the rest of my life  (which I am currently been doing for 10 years) but after work I actually got a life..lol...

a lot of my buddies who are b/o's are trying to get me to head to the b/o side instead of RTO, if another b/o exam comes out I might take it..i was called for list#2613 but I don't know if that list expired but I didn't get the job because of my DUI I had  which was within the 4th year they called me..they told me it takes 5 years for mta to consider me so as we speak I am good to go because its 6 years now

tdevon, if you work for the city currently and getting the same benifets and pay..why leave ? I am not a type of guy who can sit behind a desk for the rest of my life (which I am currently been doing for 10 years) but after work I actually got a life..lol...

a lot of my buddies who are b/o's are trying to get me to head to the b/o side instead of RTO, if another b/o exam comes out I might take it..i was called for list#2613 but I don't know if that list expired but I didn't get the job because of my DUI I had which was within the 4th year they called me..they told me it takes 5 years for mta to consider me so as we speak I am good to go because its 6 years now

I'm not getting the same pay as conductor it would still be a step up. The job I have no pays the bills but, it isn't something I want to do the rest of my life. Conductor was the first exam I took out of high school and, I've wanted it ever since. I would be in a job that I would like to do.

@Tprashad, it's a tough call, it's your life and only you can make the decision.

But why not take the day at 180 Livingston and see what happens?

There is a lot that can go wrong during probation but I think it's a lot less than can go wrong during your first year as a T/O.

I like the idea of quickly getting on the road and doing the job. Not excited about a pay cut, but there seems to be a lot of OT and pay goes up quickly with longevity. And I would prefer standing and moving around to my current desk job, and having Transit pension and health benefits as opposed to minimal private sector retirement and benefits.

Your going to be good traffic violations won't hurt you did you pay the fine and be honest about it

With a dui Mta bus won't take you no matter what my cousin was rejected for one he had like 8 years ago they told him they would not put him behind the wheel cause he's a risk

wow that's crazy, smh, I signed up for signal maintainer as well, I always wanted to work more in the maintainer  side of mta ..such as car inspector or signal maintainer. If I decide to do C/R atleast it will build me up some time if signals call me..still got to think

ammo what div your in?

Your going to be good traffic violations won't hurt you did you pay the fine and be honest about it

I went from a 8yr clean cdl B license to 7pts and 3moving on aug17. Fines paid when I plead guilty? $414 plus $125 a yr for the next 3. Not to mention I got moving violation last week (3pts when plead guilty) because my stupid sister put her daughter in a booster seat and not strap it. I am so frustrated 

Learned that there will 2 more classes at least. Nov 28th and Dec 26th. After that the promotional list may go into effect. Heres to hoping that they add a Jan class as well.

good to know.

There won't be a Jan class because they gave the Test again and whom ever they don't reach will go on the cleaners list.

cleaners list?

Just got my 2nd drug test letter for pre employment letter in the mail. I'm going in on the 1st. Then I have my orientation for corrections on the 2nd. Idk which one to pick at this moment.

mrMTA, I know I have my up and downs regarding taking this C/R position but what I can tell you..you will have so much doors open in the MTA to move up and the only downfall is dealing with the people when the train is not moving due to traffic, working as a C/O you will deal with immates who wont  think twice of doing something bad as you can see lately in rikers...while I was in school car I seen cleaners move up to superintendents and TSS..that's how much you can move up bro

mrMTA, I know I have my up and downs regarding taking this C/R position but what I can tell you..you will have so much doors open in the MTA to move up and the only downfall is dealing with the people when the train is not moving due to traffic, working as a C/O you will deal with immates who think twice of doing something bad as you can see lately in rikers...while I was in school car I seen cleaners move up to superintendents and TSS..that's how much you can move up bro

I started my corrections process it's a good gig to do if you want a lot of money and willing to give your whole life over to an agency. To deal with some men and woman that have nothing else to loose is not easy. But hey we all need a job.

mrMTA, I know I have my up and downs regarding taking this C/R position but what I can tell you..you will have so much doors open in the MTA to move up and the only downfall is dealing with the people when the train is not moving due to traffic, working as a C/O you will deal with immates who wont think twice of doing something bad as you can see lately in rikers...while I was in school car I seen cleaners move up to superintendents and TSS..that's how much you can move up bro

I'm 28 soon to be married. Trying to start my life and help my family so I'm looking for the surest gig. Everyone is telling me MTA...which was my first choice.

Archived