Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Two months later and they're still shooting off fireworks (and I've been hearing them the past few days, not just today)......

Heard a M80 a few hours ago... I was playing GTA Chinatown wars doing the tattoo parlor activity... It went off and caught me by surprise... Let's just say I gave an unwanted extension of a tattoo lol...

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't edit my last post so I'll do a new one...

I don't understand why the couple who had sex in the Yankee Stadium bathroom is getting so much attention... Sure, it appeared on the big screen but people have sex in public all the time... Plus, we don't need to be seeing all of that... Must be a slow news day today...

Can't edit my last post so I'll do a new one...

I don't understand why the couple who had sex in the Yankee Stadium bathroom is getting so much attention... Sure, it appeared on the big screen but people have sex in public all the time... Plus, we don't need to be seeing all of that... Must be a slow news day today...

Lol I was just reading that earlier in the paper. At least they had some fun.

...sure as hell beats Central Park

...oops lol

Here's my new address for anyone who wants to know...

http://maps.google.c...ved=0CB4Q8gEwAA

I have a little cot on the service road by the Henry Hudson Parkway. LOL

Lol at the random dude flipping off the camera, now that's how you make your hood look good on Street View!

Lol I was just reading that earlier in the paper. At least they had some fun.

...sure as hell beats Central Park

...oops lol

Now I know who to hold responsible for ruining my childhood...110th St., park: 'Ma, look, a balloon!' 'DON'T TOUCH THAT'

Lol at the random dude flipping off the camera, now that's how you make your hood look good on Street View!

Now I know who to hold responsible for ruining my childhood...110th St., park: 'Ma, look, a balloon!' 'DON'T TOUCH THAT'

Lmfao I don't go up on that end of the park...but I digress

This is the 13th day in a row I cooked dinner...I've outdone myself :D

I think I know... ;)

LOL... That's interesting because you haven't been around me in real life to know who or what I'm talking about, but sure if you think you know and it makes you feel better great. :lol: It wouldn't be the first time you were wrong. I just love how I make a random comment and everyone thinks they know what I'm talking about...

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I'm not bragging when I say this, but I've already had 2 sleepless days this week alone :(..... Don't know what my "record" is, but I know I stayed up for 3 days straight on a number of occasions in the past.... the shit sucks, not sleeping even when you try to force yourself to.....

What I came in here to say right now was:

random thought: I don't care how good that co-worker looks - If you value your job/career, do NOT ufck that chick at the job site !

One of the guys up in marketing here got fired yesterday for that.... I don't know what happened to ole girl though (she better get fired also for that nasty shit.... in the conference room of all places? really though)..... ughk, I sometimes have to go in there too.... Now I'm feel all uneasy sitting, or even touching anything in there....

How stupid can you get.... I was LMAO when I was apprised of it..... Yeah, ole girl was a looker (lot of them sales girls up there are), but you just can't give into temptation.... Cats gotta stop messing their money up; now really aint the time to be doing that BS..... Homeboy aint gettin no unemployment either (which is one reason I was laughing).....

I'm not bragging when I say this, but I've already had 2 sleepless days this week alone :(..... Don't know what my "record" is, but I know I stayed up for 3 days straight on a number of occasions in the past.... the shit sucks, not sleeping even when you try to force yourself to.....

random thought: I don't care how good that co-worker looks - If you value your job/career, do NOT ufck that chick at the job site !

One of the guys up in marketing here got fired yesterday for that.... I don't know what happened to ole girl though (she better get fired also for that nasty shit.... in the conference room of all places? really though)..... ughk, I sometimes have to go in there too.... Now I'm feel all uneasy sitting, or even touching anything in there....

How stupid can you get.... I was LMAO when I was apprised of it..... Yeah, ole girl was a looker (lot of them sales girls up there are), but you just can't give into temptation.... Cats gotta stop messing their money up; now really aint the time to be doing that BS..... Homeboy aint gettin no unemployment either (which is one reason I was laughing).....

Yeah I've actually stayed up for almost for a good 30 or so hours straight and it is not a pretty thing. I love sleeping and often pass out in my place now with the TV going and lights on and then I'll wake up and some point and shut off the lights and close the balcony door or whatever but man it must be horrible to not be able to sleep. It could be the need to tweak a few things like the pillows you use or the even the bed. I find that when I switched out my pillows I get an even better night's sleep and feel more rested.

As for the guy getting fired, wow... I mean in my old company there was a couple that was working there and lived together and one of the principals of the company was not at all wild about it. Eventually the guy moved on to another company because he got tired of the indirect snide remarks and such that were made. I actually have done it myself, but the thing is we kept it to ourselves so it wasn't obvious and furthermore since we were working independently on our own, part-time it didn't really matter, but to do that with your full-time job that is your bread and butter...? Not very wise... If you're doing it, keep it quiet and you certainly don't do it in the office.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

And why would you want to do that??

I was bored.

Damn 40? My record is only 34 hours

I couldn't care enough to keep record.

Actually, now that I think about it, it's not that hard to do that. If you wake up at 7AM, pull an all-nighter that night, and then go to sleep at 9PM, that's 38 hours right there.

Yeah, it is easy to do if you think about it.

That use to happen to me moreso when I was younger.

You said it bro.

Tell me about it. This past summer, I've had a few of those nights. First I stay up late, then I oversleep, then I end up missing out on a night of sleep to get back into the right pattern. (If you ever see me on the forums at like 7AM, that would probably be the reason why). In those cases, I probably did go around 40 hours without sleeping. But 3 days in a row? Wow.

Now another random thought: This is no more. They fixed up those houses and trimmed the side yard. Now Van Pelt Avenue on the other hand has two more abandoned buildings (Obviously the streetview's from 2007, so it still shows them as occupied). That's probably the most blighted block in the area, aside from maybe some of the industrial blocks.

Edited by checkmatechamp13