I hope you don't get tired during rush hour because...

INDman

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think it's a good idea. i'm sure most people especially during the morning rush aren't worried about finding a seat as much as getting to work on time. but when the train empties out, will passengers be able to pull the seats down to sit? and if so, what would stop them from pulling the seats down during rush hour?

This is one stupid idea.. Now if there is an elderly or disabled and he/she needs a seat, where is it?? Next car?! Or even a child!

So let me get this straight.. There going to remove the seats in the R160 and have them as in the R142/A/R143/ Most R160 with the seats that you pull down where a wheelchair sign is at? Because im confused..

Man does the R160 sucks! I hope the R142/143 won't get this bs.. Who knows if the R179/R188/ later fleets get this..

Btw if you dont know the car number, where did u get this pic from? Just asking.

i think it's a good idea. i'm sure most people especially during the morning rush aren't worried about finding a seat as much as getting to work on time. but when the train empties out, will passengers be able to pull the seats down to sit? and if so, what would stop them from pulling the seats down during rush hour?

Well, the seats lock up or lock down. But who is going to do this, the cleaners at terminals? What about at WTC at rush hour when people see the seats being locked up? How pissed will they be? What about when it is on an empty line and someone does unlock it? I don't think this will last at all, people will rip the seats down.

I would imagine it's locked.

This is one stupid idea.. Now if there is an elderly or disabled and he/she needs a seat, where is it?? Next car?!

So let me get this straight.. There going to remove the seats in the R160 and have them as in the R142/A/R143/ Most R160 with the seats that you pull down where a wheelchair sign is at? Because im confused..

Man does the R160 sucks! I hope the R142/143 won't get this bs.. Who knows if the R179/R188/ later fleets get this..

Btw if you dont know the car number, where did u get this pic from? Just asking.

It's only being done (right now) on two sets of R160's. No R160s have the flip down wheel chair seats because no contractor wants to do the job. The seats will lock in what ever position they should be in for that time of day. As of right now, no other car classes are getting this. Now as for where I got the photo, that I can not say but it is mine.

It's only being done (right now) on two sets of R160's. No R160s have the flip down wheel chair seats because no contractor wants to do the job. The seats will lock in what ever position they should be in for that time of day. As of right now, no other car classes are getting this. Now as for where I got the photo, that I can not say but it is mine.

Certain R160s does have the flip down chair. Ive been on a few on the (N).. While others like the R160A-1s doesnt..

Any whos. I really hope this idea fails, because this is one lame crap. I dunno whats the point of this anyways? To allow extra capacity or something..

The could make Conductors do it if they have WAA (Work As Assigned) on there jobs but so far no Bulletin has come out on this issue as for a proceedure how this will be done.

They could do that with the WAA time. It will be interesting to see how all this is done.

And yes, the whole idea is to fit more people on the train. I think the new number is an increase of 40 or so

Well, the seats lock up or lock down. But who is going to do this, the cleaners at terminals? What about at WTC at rush hour when people see the seats being locked up? How pissed will they be? What about when it is on an empty line and someone does unlock it? I don't think this will last at all, people will rip the seats down.

well i figured they would be locked, but the problem to me lies when the train empties out. lets take the N line during morning rush where people would pack into the train like sardines at queensboro plaza. (it is the never train after all.) adding room for an extra 40 people is great, but the train pretty much empties out by canal street where most people end up finding a seat. if these seats will have to remain locked until it reaches the terminal in order to unlock them when the train is already empty, i can also see people ripping the seats down. now that i think of it, it seems like a bigger hassle for what it's really worth.

Stand.jpg

This is a 5 car set of R160s, 3 cars will have fold-up seats with the other 2 cars on the end being normal. No I do not know the car numbers or where it will go into service yet.

Oh, wait, so because they take a few seats out to leave more room for rush hour, we are going to use this as a excuse to crap on the R160s? Thats stupid.

Oh, wait, so because they take a few seats out to leave more room for rush hour, we are going to use this as a excuse to crap on the R160s? Thats stupid.

Then what car class should they test this on (on the B Division)? You can't do it wait any of the 75' foot cars because of their seat configuration and the R32's will be gone in a few months so it would be a waste of money. The only car class you can test this on are the R160's and yes if the test if a huge failure like it should be, many people including the riding public may come to really dislike the R160s as the train with out seats.

Archived