I hope you don't get tired during rush hour because...

INDman

The funny thing is that the ones that complain weren't even alive long enough to ride the older model trains that were supposedly superior. Most of them are too young to come to a decision like that. Kids will be kids. I ignore the nonsense.

The new technology trains take me to work and back home faster than any other train before it. Period!

Amen to that!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The funny thing is that the ones that complain weren't even alive long enough to ride the older model trains that were supposedly superior. Most of them are too young to come to a decision like that. Kids will be kids. I ignore the nonsense.

The new technology trains take me to work and back home faster than any other train before it. Period!

Amen!

Very true, as long as it gets me where I need to go I could care less what kind of train shows up.

And hell, if I feel like riding an old subway car, I'll go to BERA and operate any thing up there.

Here here

Totally agreed!

This is bullcrap. A 35 minute ride standing up from Jamaica Center to midtown is ridiculous. I may start riding the express bus again.
Enjoy the traffic, and $5.50 fare. Not all cars in those sets will have locked seats anyways if you read more, and blabber about express buses less.

This is odd... why would they design the Division B sets like this? Crushloading is more of a problem on Division A. I'd consider it for the new order of cars for the (1) and (7).

But anyway, though I'd rather not be involved, it's quite silly to discredit the R160 based on this. Who's to say that if the older cars were constructed in this day and age, they wouldn't do the same thing to them?

It's all about perspective, kids. Think about it for a second.

This is odd... why would they design the Division B sets like this? Crushloading is more of a problem on Division A. I'd consider it for the new order of cars for the (1) and (7).

But anyway, though I'd rather not be involved, it's quite silly to discredit the R160 based on this. Who's to say that if the older cars were constructed in this day and age, they wouldn't do the same thing to them?

It's all about perspective, kids. Think about it for a second.

Try riding the (F) from Brooklyn to Manhattan during rush hours ;)

Well you got what you wanted, R160s only on the E.

At least with R32s this would not happen...

The R160s offer a far superior ride than that of the older trains. Standing up should not be an issue when all the train does is wobble and not jolt everytime you hit an imperfection in the tracks. Smooth ride all the way!

Wow, how wishes can come back to haunt you.

Exactly.

The R160s offer a far superior ride than that of the older trains. Standing up should not be an issue when all the train does is wobble and not jolt everytime you hit an imperfection in the tracks. Smooth ride all the way!

I meant it as sarcasm given how he hated the R32s. Of course, R160s are new now [some maybe a few weeks on the rails], give them a few years and they'll be banging on the tracks the same as the older cars do.

I meant it as sarcasm given how he hated the R32s. Of course, R160s are new now [some maybe a few weeks on the rails], give them a few years and they'll be banging on the tracks the same as the older cars do.

Yeah, especially when thems "cushy air pads" fail :)

Uh .. here we go again. Everyone talks about how the R-44/46 have the smoothest rides despite having pounded the road for much longer than R-160s. But the R-160s ("ar-sixties" as I heard one foamer call them) are inevitably doomed from the start. :confused:

Yeah, especially when thems "cushy air pads" fail :P

Uh .. here we go again. Everyone talks about how the R-44/46 have the smoothest rides despite having pounded the road for much longer than R-160s. But the R-160s ("ar-sixties" as I heard one foamer call them) are inevitably doomed from the start. :confused:

Umm....don't include me in this. I was joking.

Archived