What's Transit's uniform policy?

QueensCzar248

I have always been curious as to what the rules for T/Os and C/Rs regarding uniforms were. I've heard that there is a difference between winter and summer uniforms, that the vest cannot be worn with a blazer or something to that effect, the TA issues a certain type work boots, and that hats must be worn with badges in cold weather. Can someone provide me with some information on this topic? Thanks a lot!

-(C)(Z)(A)<R>

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have always been curious as to what the rules for T/Os and C/Rs regarding uniforms were. I've heard that there is a difference between winter and summer uniforms, that the vest cannot be worn with a blazer or something to that effect, the TA issues a certain type work boots, and that hats must be worn with badges in cold weather. Can someone provide me with some information on this topic? Thanks a lot!

-(C)(Z)(A)<R>

Well I don;t work in RTO but I can't imagine the uniform policy being any different than it is in any other department. As long as it TA issued you can wear it. Your not forced to wear a certain uniform in the winter or summer. You required to wear you tie after sept-30 to may 31st. Safety boots are mosty issued to cleaners, everyone else must wear either black or brown boots or shoes no sneakers. And we are required to have a black pen to write with and have our badge and passes on us and displayed if necessary.

MTA uniform are made from yhe cheapest material known to man. In the winter you will freeze to death with the coat they issue. The pants are paper thin, and the shirts have no body to them. That's why alot of conductors wear hoodies under there coats, and swith to Dickes pants.

MTA uniform are made from yhe cheapest material known to man. In the winter you will freeze to death with the coat they issue. The pants are paper thin, and the shirts have no body to them. That's why alot of conductors wear hoodies under there coats, and swith to Dickes pants.

Well as far as the coats go S/A's and TSS's have been issued a much better coat than the old blue one and it is very warm. It's a coat/jacket combo you can wear seperate or together. The jacket has fleece lining in it. The newer pants they gave are a bit warmer, but a little tight. I can wear the pants with some thermals and I'am just fine. The old stuff was pretty bad especially the coat, I never wore it. It's still sitting in my closet aging.

You don't like the conductors hat? I like it.

I like the winter furry that the TA gives us, which is super warm, but won't get you on the cover of GQ anytime soon. I call it the Floyd R. Turbo hat.

C/R's have to wear long-sleeved shirts, ties and hat with badge. Or the turtle-neck sweater with hat and badge.

T/O's have to wear long-sleeved shirts or the turtle-neck.

For both titles, long pants and boots (boots self purchased, but have to meet TA specifics) are mandatory year-round, and the turtle neck cannot be worn with the uniform shirt. One or the other. Safety boots are available, but are quite bulky and can be uncomfortable.

I like the winter furry that the TA gives us, which is super warm, but won't get you on the cover of GQ anytime soon. I call it the Floyd R. Turbo hat.

Yeah that is a very brave hat lol, but it is extremely warm. If I ever do a G.O. job in the winter I always wear it.

Yeah that is a very brave hat lol, but it is extremely warm. If I ever do a G.O. job in the winter I always wear it.

You look like a blithering idiot wearing it, but you'll be the warmest idiot in the state.:cool: Nothing better during the arctic chill.

You look like a blithering idiot wearing it, but you'll be the warmest idiot in the state.:cool: Nothing better during the arctic chill.

I have been told i look "handsome" in that hat by the feeeemmmmmmaaaallllleeesss....

Dont hate the playa....:cool:

What about custom fitted MTA baseball hats?

No, people do it but they are not suppose to. The rule is if it wasn't issued by transit you can't wear it on duty. I wear a sweater hat with the mta logo printed on while on the way to and from work, but not on duty. I did however manage to get a CTA's (NYCT Logo) sweater cap that is mta issued and can be worn on duty. I have also obtained a few B/O commando style sweaters and wear them while on duty. Supervisors always ask if I was a B/O and I simply say yes and thats the end of the discussion.

Just don't be caught wearing some other hat while on the clock. It's one of the easiest and quickest write-ups out there.

aww shucks..... there goes the idea of wearing a santa hat while on duty next week. :)

i think i'd get written up for not wearing a hat before i'd ever get written up for wearing a non-mta issued one.

aww shucks..... there goes the idea of wearing a santa hat while on duty next week. :)

i think i'd get written up for not wearing a hat before i'd ever get written up for wearing a non-mta issued one.

Don't you have to wear the full C/R uniform including the hat when doing platform duty?

:)

Don't you have to wear the full C/R uniform including the hat when doing platform duty?

:)

i wore it the first time i had platform duty. the fur hat. and i was told i looked like a "snow princess" by some wacko on the platform. NEVER AGAIN. i'm NOT going to be MTA's little snow princess. NO HAT FOR ME. :tdown:

Archived