Routes to be eliminated

aemoreira81

SOURCE: http://www.mta.info/mta/budget/pdf/aabb_implementation.pdf

Overnight service eliminated; daily service intact: B14, B31, B45, B64, B67, Bx10, M1, M2, M16, M23, M42, M66, M79, M96, M102, M103, M104, and Q30

Weekend service eliminated only: B2, B4, B24, B69, B71, Bx8, Bx18, Bx30, Bx33, Q14, Q31, Q76, Q79, S42, S54, S57, S60, X27, X28

Overnight and weekend service eliminated: B7, B48, B57, B65, M21, M22, M50, S78

All service eliminated except for rush hours: Bx20, Q26, Q84

All service eliminated: B23, B25, B37, B39, B51, B75, Bx4, Bx14, Bx34, M6, M8, M10, M18, M27, M30, Q56, X25, X32, QM22, QM23, BxM7B, N51, N53, N65, N66, N67, N80, N93

In addition, the route network on the Lower East Side and in Co-op City would be redrawn.

Thanks for breaking it down like that.

Co-op city... I really hope they don't draw up the routing out there where some routes only serve one half, and some routes serve the other half...

I'm curious though as to how they're gonna restructure things in & around the LES....

Im confused about Co-Op City. Are they saying they wanna remove Bx26/28/30 from running in Co-op? So my guess is that the QBX1 will be the only bus looping Co-Coop as well as Bx12/29 around Bay Plaza..
From what i read, it seems like they're going to re-structure the entire routes that run along those areas. Which could mean anything.

From what i read, it seems like they're going to re-structure the entire routes that run along those areas. Which could mean anything.

I imagine the Bx12 being cut to Pelham Bay.. But that i doubt..

I'm glade the Bx19 isnt in bad shape..

Tho the Bx4 going, wouldn't be a nice thing for customers of the hub to Westchester SQ.

I wonder when these changes will come.. I'll be prepared to take all my shots and vids of most of these routes! Especially the M10, which i use to always ride till 2004 when i moved to the bronx.

I imagine the Bx12 being cut to Pelham Bay.. But that i doubt..

I'm glade the Bx19 isnt in bad shape..

Tho the Bx4 going, wouldn't be a nice thing for customers of the hub to Westchester SQ.

I wonder when these changes will come.. I'll be prepared to take all my shots and vids of most of these routes! Especially the M10, which i use to always ride till 2004 when i moved to the bronx.

The article says july 1, 2010.

My only issue is with the Bx30. While it was a slow bus, I like having the option to take that or the BX28

The article says july 1, 2010.

My only issue is with the Bx30. While it was a slow bus, I like having the option to take that or the BX28

I thought u said you didnt care about the 30?

Even tho the 30 runs with the 28 up to Boston Rd.. If it were to get cut, passangers would have to use the W60/61/62 for Boston Road and parts of it with the Bx16/Bx28

Tho, I wouldn't put the Bx28 in any problem, it is much reliable compared to Bx26/Bx30 Crosstown buses..

GUN SHOTS TO THE MTA!!!

All service eliminated:

B25 (Why?!?!? Because The A and C Is Under? smh B39 wheelchair people need this!

Bx4... Wheelchair people need this too!

Bx14 Country Club People Need this!

Bx34 I dunno about this bus!

M6 they talking about getting rid of this again!!!

M10 this would be a very stupid Move on the MTA!

Thanks for breaking it down like that.

Co-op city... I really hope they don't draw up the routing out there where some routes only serve one half, and some routes serve the other half...

I live in Co-op City and this scares me greatly cause this will make traveling so much harder for me, as if it isn't hard enough. I will be praying HARD with this situation.

Im confused about Co-Op City. Are they saying they wanna remove Bx26/28/30 from running in Co-op? So my guess is that the QBX1 will be the only bus looping Co-Coop as well as Bx12/29 around Bay Plaza..

Nah.... they're not talking about totally removing service from co-op.... at least, not from what I gather from that mention.....

What I think they want to do is... re-structure the bx26/28/30 in co-op :mad:... some buses will serve certain sections over another.... In other words, those 3 routes won't serve all of co-op (like they currently do)....

Bx14 Country Club People Need this!

They may need it, but they don't use it.... that's the thing....

If that happens, then they need to make the QBX1 a 24 hr line which you know full well they won't do.

Nah.... they're not talking about totally removing service from co-op.... at least, not from what I gather from that mention.....

What I think they want to do is... re-structure the bx26/28/30 in co-op :mad:... some buses will serve certain sections over another.... In other words, those 3 routes won't serve all of co-op (like they currently do)....

From what I remember from earlier this year, the Bx26 would follow the Bx25 route full time, eliminating the Bx25 and only going to section 5, ignoring the rest of the sections which would REALLY suck. The Bx28 would have 2 parts, one that goes to Section 5 ONLY and one that goes to the rest of the sections. I think weekend service was the only thing that affected the Bx30. Whatever the case, it's bullshit.

Me too. I prefer taking that over the Bx28 cause I get the (2) or the (D) faster with that bus when it shows up.

Same here...

Although I don't live in the area, my grandmother lives out there....

When I do venture out to Co-op to visit, I don't ever take the 28....

I have to be waiting at a stop for like more than 10 minutes to consider taking the 26.... But I usually gun for the 30 (pun unintended).....

From what I remember from earlier this year, the Bx26 would follow the Bx25 route full time, eliminating the Bx25 and only going to section 5, ignoring the rest of the sections which would REALLY suck. The Bx28 would have 2 parts, one that goes to Section 5 ONLY and one that goes to the rest of the sections. I think weekend service was the only thing that affected the Bx30. Whatever the case, it's bullshit.

That's that bit of info. I was trying to reference; couldn't remember the details off the top of my head....

IINM, they also had somethin they talked about doin w/ the bx28.... the splitting it half & half nonsense or w/e it was....

Same here...

Although I don't live in the area, my grandmother lives out there....

When I do venture out to Co-op to visit, I don't ever take the 28....

I have to be waiting at a stop for like more than 10 minutes to consider taking the 26.... But I usually gun for the 30 (pun unintended).....

That's that bit of info. I was trying to reference; couldn't remember the details off the top of my head....

IINM, they also had somethin they talked about doin w/ the bx28.... the splitting it half & half nonsense or w/e it was....

The whole thing is nonsense. Co-op is practically isolated from the Bronx and for them to make it harder to go into town is dead wrong. The whole service cut plan is criminal IMHO.

Id have the Bx28 run via Co-Op City with QBX1.. Bx26/30 run to Bay Plaza only with Bx12/Bx29..

If that happens, then they need to make the QBX1 a 24 hr line which you know full well they won't do.

They may need it, but they don't use it.... that's the thing....

I organize the information from PDF.

Weekday: B23, B25, B37, B39, B51 (Weekday Bus), B75, Bx4, Bx14, Bx20 (Weekday Bus), Bx34, BxM7B (Rush Hour Bus), Bx20 (Off-Peak), M6, M8, M10, M18, M27, M30 (Rush Hour Bus), N51, N53 (Rush Hour Bus), N80, N93 (Rush Hour Bus), Q26 (Off-Peak), Q56 (Off-peak), Q84 (Off-peak), QM22 (Rush Hour Bus), X25 (Rush Hour Bus)

Late Night: B7, B14, B31, B45, B48, B57, B64, B65, B67, Bx10, M1, M2, M16, M22, M23, M27, M42, M50, M66, M79, M96, M102, M103, M104, Q30,

Weekend: B2, B4, B7, B23, B24, B25, B37, B39, B48, B57, B65, B69, B71, B75, Bx4, Bx8, Bx14, Bx18, Bx20, Bx30, Bx33, Bx34, M6, M8, M10, M18, M21, M22, M27, N51, N80, N93, Q14, Q31, Q76, Q79 (Saturday Bus), S42, S54, S57, S60, S76, X27, X28

School Days Only: N65, N66, N67, X32

Special Service: N87, Barret Point Park Pool

Service Reduction

Weekday Morning Service Begins Later: B16, B69, B70, B71, M11, M20, M21, M50, S57, S66.

Weekday Evening Service Ends Early: B2, B9, B11, B13, B16, B69, M21, Q42, Q79, S54, S60.

Saturday Service Begins Later: M20, M100, M116,

Saturday Service Ends Early: B9, M20.

Sunday Service End Early: B9, Q48.

Restructure Local Routes

Bx26 will no longer serve northern Co-Op City.

Bx28 will no longer serve Asch Loop and northern Co-Op City.

Bx30 no longer operate on Asch Loop.

M1 Weekend Service Terminal will be @ El Barrio-E. 106th St instead of East Village.

M9 rerouted to City Hall to replace M15 City Hall and M21 in Gramecy Park. Use M15 or M20.

M15 City Hall Eliminated. Use M9 for City Hall.

M20- Extended to South Ferry from Battery Park to replace M9.

M21 Houston St Crosstown Only- Use M9 or M15 for portion of Gramecy Park and Alphabet City

Archived