The (A) is slow

Lennyj17

Please explain to me how a Friggin (C) Train that was behind you @ Canal, beats you to 42nd when your suppose to be the Express....

All week this week the (A) has been crawling along the 8 AV Exp Uptown, I'm tired of watching (C) and (E) fly by on the local. 1st I thought it was the timers @ W4 acting up as usual...But this is all the way to 42nd probably further uptown too but I get off @ 42nd. I never considered switching for a Local @ W4 but if its going to move faster than the (A) I may start.

Please explain to me how a Friggin (C) Train that was behind you @ Canal, beats you to 42nd when your suppose to be the Express....

All week this week the (A) has been crawling along the 8 AV Exp Uptown, I'm tired of watching (C) and (E) fly by on the local. 1st I thought it was the timers @ W4 acting up as usual...But this is all the way to 42nd probably further uptown too but I get off @ 42nd. I never considered switching for a Local @ W4 but if its going to move faster than the (A) I may start.

I hate when that happens,but I bet once you start riding local,then you are going to have express (A) trains speeding pass you.:D

there is a lame timer at 23rd street that restricts speeds to 25-28 mph before the switch. that's a big factor. also, the track is upgrade, and you know how suckish NYC cars are at going upgrade... although NTT's not so much...

The (A) is sooooo effing long, it is like traveling from New York to Chicago, :).

not really :P

but I do agree the (A) has gotten slower. Timers popping up here and there, and these T/Os that are scared to push their train over 30 and fan the brakes going into the station. Lately the locals have been doin it more for me. It's a shame cuz the (A) was one of my favorite rides.

I would advise you to avoid the (A) at 42nd street. It crawls along at 10 mph to 59th street. I don't know what (MTA) was thinking making endless timers, but the section between 42nd and 50th street should be at least 25.

If there's a (C) train at 42nd street, take it.

_________

For some reason, the (N) is always slow between 36th and 59th. Maybe there's that T/O that drives through the station at 30 miles per hour, but usually it stays in the 20s range. But it's not nearly as bad as 8th avenue.

which is why when i go to school and transfer from the (:P to the (A)(C)(E) at West 4 St, i mostly use the (C)(E) because i feel its faster than the (A), although the (A) is express, the (C)(E) provides much faster service between West 4 St and 42 St.

P.S. have u noticed that the uptown (A) on the express tracks slows down at 23 st?

During the rush hours, trains operate on top of one another... The (R) train I take in the morning is able to catch up to an (N) train when they leave 36th Street going n/b at the same time.

That's usually because (from my experience):

1) The (N) is delayed by a (D) ahead of it. ((N) train always seem to let the (D) go first at 36th -__-)

2) "In order to provide best possible service for all our customers, we are waiting for connecting passengers on an arriving train." So the (N) waits for the (R) that's usually at Union.

For some reason, the (N) is always slow between 36th and 59th. Maybe there's that T/O that drives through the station at 30 miles per hour, but usually it stays in the 20s range. But it's not nearly as bad as 8th avenue.

I don't think that's true, about the (N). The only slow part is between 45th and 36th, during the rush.

That's usually because (from my experience):

1) The (N) is delayed by a (D) ahead of it. ((N) train always seem to let the (D) go first at 36th -__-)

2) "In order to provide best possible service for all our customers, we are waiting for connecting passengers on an arriving train." So the (N) waits for the (R) that's usually at Union.

I don't think that's true, about the (N). The only slow part is between 45th and 36th, during the rush.

Finally, someone else acknowledges that these frustrating moments are real! I hate the (D) train very, very much, but don't let that kill any of my credibility in my arguments involving (D) and (N) service. :P

Maybe they shuld modify the timers so that they can run 40-50mph, I wish they had ATO like Boston's Red Line which has no timers anymore, it's ATO Code command, which The B Division should get

Please, when it comes to technology, the (MTA) is like 5 years behind everybody else. We're just getting ATO on the (L) to run perfectly (if one should call it perfect lol)

Archived