IRT Train Arrival Time Boards Discussion

R32 3348

There still jacked up on the (6) line. Yesterday and the day before I was on that line. On my last trip at Brook Ave N/B, it would flash, then say the next train is 12minutes, then the next train is 47minutes. I would do a double take..........

i see what your looking at when you get too any station at nite with the system up if its late the clock will show the next 3 trains too arrive so being that your trains are spaced out more the time will show 30 40 mins untill the next upcoming trains

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are really not working at all for the number lines in Brooklyn.

MTA=ATM $ $ $ $ $

Bare in mind, this set up is relatively new and errors may occur. Just like the signs on the (L) got really messed up in the beginning, these issues are bound to occur. They will take slowly to be fixed up to, don't forget the IRT does a quality load of interlining.

What happened to trains 2, 3, and 4?

What do you mean? Franklin Avenue is already up catering to the Brooklyn IRT lines. If you're wondering about why the sign reads such, its either because it was shot during late nights or that the sign has and error and thinks it is late night.

What do you mean? Franklin Avenue is already up catering to the Brooklyn IRT lines. If you're wondering about why the sign reads such, its either because it was shot during late nights or that the sign has and error and thinks it is late night.

I mean the following:

1. (6) Brooklyn Bridge 4 minutes

5. (4) New Lots Ave 24 minutes

Why does it say 5.?

They were probably showing the 2-4th train to come and alternating them in the second slot because more than one train (both the (4) and the (6) was running along the line at that time of day.

TBH, they should get larger screens and then show several trains at a given time. That would seriously be beneficial. Several lines run on the same tracks.

But again, this is the MTA. Getting these to work in the first place is already something close to a miracle.

Bare in mind, this set up is relatively new and errors may occur. Just like the signs on the (L) got really messed up in the beginning, these issues are bound to occur. They will take slowly to be fixed up to, don't forget the IRT does a quality load of interlining.

It is still a waste of money. The number lines do run frequently "somedays", they could have wait it when MTA has the money to implanted the estimate time arrival electronic board.

It is still a waste of money. The number lines do run frequently "somedays", they could have wait it when MTA has the money to implanted the estimate time arrival electronic board.

The MTA just wants to look good, with our money. Tourists might find it helpful, but we're used to leaning over on the side of the platform for the next train.

The MTA just wants to look good, with our money. Tourists might find it helpful, but we're used to leaning over on the side of the platform for the next train.

Its actually Jay Walder's decision to put the board. Yeah, tourist might find useful when they are starring at the empty screen or messages pops up saying "System Under Test" or current date and time. Useful huh?

Theoretically useful (aka) when it does work

I survey all the stations that has the system on even on the L line. I found out most are off by 1 to 15 minutes off. Yeah, the system is new to the TA. Is it really worth to spend money when MTA has to cut service?

It is really a bad timing. This is a want, not a need. Do implanted the system when MTA is financial secure.

They are really not working at all for the number lines in Brooklyn.

MTA=ATM $ $ $ $ $

they just got them online and yes they do only at franklin ave they have some problems ive sat at all of the other ones all of them worked they are doing software on all of the other ones so they will be working good soon

it does more than just show the time the next train is going too come i put up some videos of the hunts point station and it shows you everything now from changes in service too whats going on in the system check it out

Its actually Jay Walder's decision to put the board. Yeah, tourist might find useful when they are starring at the empty screen or messages pops up saying "System Under Test" or current date and time. Useful huh?

wow ive been too all of the stations with the signs on and i dont know where you got that kinda out come i seen people look at it and sit down and wiat and when the thing says the next train is arriving now it does all the time with little or no problem i dont know what you seen but people dont like looking into a dark tunnel too see a dark tunnel when the next train is more than 8 mins away at times check my videos i put up on youtube

it does more than just show the time the next train is going too come i put up some videos of the hunts point station and it shows you everything now from changes in service too whats going on in the system check it out

Um, chrisliz09, can you use the multi-quote feature next time when you want to quote different posts simultaneously? It will help a lot.

Well yeah. It's also at on the sign at the IND 145th Street Station (UL, SB-dir), good reminders I agree. However, we have been without this kind of technology for a long time, and most of us are quite used to riding without that kind of technology.

I survey all the stations that has the system on even on the L line. I found out most are off by 1 to 15 minutes off. Yeah, the system is new to the TA. Is it really worth to spend money when MTA has to cut service?

It is really a bad timing. This is a want, not a need. Do implanted the system when MTA is financial secure.

how many times have i said and even others said this, this CBTS PA CIS system was paid for over 10 years ago 11 now this was way bacl in 1999 and 2000 when they was doing the new trains and stations in the capital plans than not just last year or so this was ten years in the works they just ran into alot of software problems back in 2004 and 2005 they people they hired too do this was going too be done back in 2006 look it up i been watchen this come up ever since i was in high school back than but yea this isnt new this is old they just got the system too work in this very big system NYCT

Um, chrisliz09, can you use the multi-quote feature next time when you want to quote different posts simultaneously? It will help a lot.

Well yeah. It's also at on the sign at the IND 145th Street Station (UL, SB-dir), good reminders I agree. However, we have been without this kind of technology for a long time, and most of us are quite used to riding without that kind of technology.

maybe so but its a danger too all peole too do that and pay the risk we are behind alot of big cities that all ready have it up and running they saw that many new yorkers and people from all over want too know whats going on not have too guess or just not know this system will change that old peoblem and help people in the long run when something is going on now you can just look up or listen too the announcement that is clear and informative

Archived