What Would You Replace the M8s With?

gregorygrice

I know how some people love the M8s and some people hate them (I like em:tup: ). So if you could decide what the MNRR used for the New Haven Line, what train would you use? It can be any train from any country around the world. Just include a pic and why you would choose that train.

I would choose the 253 series from JR East in Japan. To me it looks stylish and

would be perfect for the MNRR.

JRE-253.jpg

And it has a great interior

JREastSeries253NormalCarSeat3.jpg

*Not my Pics

I would use the R32 train because it is stylish and comfortable to boot!

I also like it because it has a window for me to railfan in the front :P

4219340842_34c4f68ef8.jpg

not my pix either

Nice pic, looks familiar lol :tup:

I would order some of Montreal AMT's MR-90 EMU by Bombardier, but have them modified for high level platform use only:

AMT_Deux-Montagnes.jpg

they sound very quiet and nice too.

I love the propulsion on that train. I think I may have another favorite commuter train!

I would order some of Montreal AMT's MR-90 EMU by Bombardier, but have them modified for high level platform use only:

they sound very quiet and nice too.

Good choice! I like the MR-90s as well. I made sure to ride them when I last visited Montreal in August 2007. They ride well and they're quiet. They would have been perfect for the New Haven Line. :septa: should have ordered them too as the Silverliner 5 fleet. Let's just hope their Rotem-built cars work out well.

I would use the R32 train because it is stylish and comfortable to boot!

I also like it because it has a window for me to railfan in the front :P

4219340842_34c4f68ef8.jpg

250px-Interior_of_an_R32_by_David_Shankbone.JPG

not my pix either

Nah... can you imagine riding from New Haven to New York (75 miles) sitting on those hard plastic seats? I wouldn't want to. Much as I like the R32, it's no good for commuter rail service and doesn't look as stylish as it used to before GOH. For me, the sickly-green "Cyclops" flipdot sign, the loss of their blue doors and the interior grab bars that don't reach all the way to the side doors ruined their looks.

They were way more stylish when they looked like this:

img_97404.jpg

img_108103.jpg

...and like this on the inside:

img_78179.jpg

Definitely these Bombardier MR-90 EMU units with a pair of high-platform doors near each end at each side (total: 4 pairs), eliminate center door as well. This will definitely make the (MTA) ConnDOT section look sweet, :tup: :P!

The MR-90 is a beast!!!

i change my idea. Lets go with the NEW M8s:

Thomas1big-712744.jpg

lol:p

Lol or maybe we can also have Gordon pull the express to New Haven:p

Before I do anything with the M8 I would kick off that stupid light in front of the train that sits there on the roof.

Lol I don't know what they were thinking with that. If they were gonna have the lights like that they didn't have to make them stick out like that.

Archived