NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like the order is getting back up on its feet again and the earlier issue has been resolved. With 26 buses at Gun Hill and 10 buses at 126 according to TTMG, the order is almost half done.

Excellent.

Thanks to Obama scewing up traffic in Lower Manhattan, 1236, 1238, and 1239 (in that exact order back-to-back-to-back) was spotted my me at City Hall by me. 1237 was on the other side of Park Row, all of them limiteds (sans 1237). As the convoy moved up (I'm on 1239 as I type this) 1246 was seen parked at Chathan Sq. Pics to come tonight when I get off work (whenever I actually get there :( lol)

Thanks to Obama scewing up traffic in Lower Manhattan, 1236, 1238, and 1239 (in that exact order back-to-back-to-back) was spotted my me at City Hall by me. 1237 was on the other side of Park Row, all of them limiteds (sans 1237). As the convoy moved up (I'm on 1239 as I type this) 1246 was seen parked at Chathan Sq. Pics to come tonight when I get off work (whenever I actually get there :( lol)

Going to check that out now, I heard he was coming here. The delays/detours are in effect till 9pm, this is going to be fun!

Going to check that out now, I heard he was coming here. The delays/detours are in effect till 9pm, this is going to be fun!

To add on to it, when I got off the bus at 23 st, 1256 was going up 1 av O/O/S

I'm probably going to get totally banned for this, so I'll say goodbye now.

The LFSA is the most phallic vehicle design I have ever seen.

I feel like the MTA is trying to get all metaphorical with the role of man in society.

The bus itself is alright, though I would argue, poorly designed on the inside. Standing room is inadequate, and seats are poorly placed (i.e. the weirdo seat right behind the driver on a pedestal...). I like the sounds it makes though... yay backfire.

I feel like the MTA is trying to get all metaphorical with the role of man in society.

The bus itself is alright, though I would argue, poorly designed on the inside. Standing room is inadequate, and seats are poorly placed (i.e. the weirdo seat right behind the driver on a pedestal...). I like the sounds it makes though... yay backfire.

The seats are placed weird now that I look at it. Like when you stand in the ultra back and look towards the front, the right side of the bus in the back half is up off the ground while the left side is on the floor. In the front half, its the complete opposite. And what's the point of those 4 seats that face backwards?

BTW remember when I saw you and you said what the bus looks like :eek:;)

I disagree, the bus is a lot more stronger than the NGs, the LFSA hits bumps smoothly, all low floors have crappy standing room so its not the bus's fault.

LOL!! I felt the same way you do! I couldn't stand the LFS before the TA started to take delivery of them. They are growing on me, and I think they look good in MTA colors!

LOL!! I felt the same way you do! I couldn't stand the LFS before the TA started to take delivery of them. They are growing on me, and I think they look good in MTA colors!

Though you gotta admit, when it comes to durability, the LFSA wins. Unlike Orion, NovaBus got better at building durable buses including their artics, they are truely flawless and would wipe new flyer under its own feet and onto the ground!

I was riding on bus 1208 last night on the Bx12 and I'm telling you, these buses are MUCH MUCH better than any of the Orion low-floors combined IMHO. I like the NG's but you can tell that these buses are of better quality than the Orion's. They go over the bumps like it's nothing, they don't rattle and I think the space on the buses is better than on an Orion and it doesn't matter that it's an Artic. These are low-floor buses that gets my seal of approval!

LOL Some one should get a photo of an LFS-A heading into the garage.B) to prove it.

Archived