NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

I'm probably going to get totally banned for this, so I'll say goodbye now.

The LFSA is the most phallic vehicle design I have ever seen.

I feel like the MTA is trying to get all metaphorical with the role of man in society.

The bus itself is alright, though I would argue, poorly designed on the inside. Standing room is inadequate, and seats are poorly placed (i.e. the weirdo seat right behind the driver on a pedestal...). I like the sounds it makes though... yay backfire.

To me the DesignLine looks more <insert word you used> than the LFS/A....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday heading towards I-80 I saw my first LFSA @ 126th Street, it was #1240. What is really good with 126th Street Depot though? It's very odd, buses were stuffed everywhere for like 3 blocks. Literally parked all over the place.

Yesterday heading towards I-80 I saw my first LFSA @ 126th Street, it was #1240. What is really good with 126th Street Depot though? It's very odd, buses were stuffed everywhere for like 3 blocks. Literally parked all over the place.

Yeah, the 1-2-6 has been like that for years! I love it though. Its great for taking shots now, but when they tear it down, that will be another closed chapter in MTA history.

(A)nd that's A good thing blv me;):tup:

I like the reverse seats in the rear.Nice little spot to hang with friends.

except, there are a**holes put their shoes on the reverse seats, thinking it's their living room. Those seats that I witness on some of the 126 St buses are really getting dirty at a faster rate then the others.

I got to ride 1207 today, first time on an LFSA artic, the ride was very smooth & the back window was very convenient. But still, no bus ticket checkers & too many New Flyers on +SBS+, it took me over half an hour to catch this during Rush Hour

They have ticket checkers. If you ride the WB bus (towards Inwood), there's some at the stop before White Plains Rd. (I forgot the name of the stop)

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

They have ticket checkers. If you ride the WB bus (towards Inwood), there's some at the stop before White Plains Rd. (I forgot the name of the stop)

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

They have them but there sure as hell aren't enough of them. It's frustrating to see those a**holes beating the fare the way they do but that's for another topic so I'll end it with that.

I've noticed that there are at least 5 New Flyers on the Bx12 SBS. Where are the rest of the Nova's to replace them? I'll be honest, I want the SBS to be 100% Nova now. The NF's are cool but these new LFSA's are better for this route.

...I've noticed that there are at least 5 New Flyers on the Bx12 SBS. Where are the rest of the Nova's to replace them? I'll be honest, I want the SBS to be 100% Nova now. The NF's are cool but these new LFSA's are better for this route.

Most likely, just sitting in Gun Hill doing nothing

• 2 weeks later...

All I know about the LFSA is that it is getting abused by dirty SBS riders and Gun Hill needs to clean them up fast, after only 1-2 months of service for most of the buses. I caught 1214 this week and it smelled like urine inside the bus,lets not forget all the garbage littered on the bus. All I ask for is a clean bus to ride on and I cant get that from the newest buses we have in NYC. At least 3 times in the past 3 weeks I rode a dirty LFSA on Bx12 SBS.

Another thing. Bx12 SBS and M15 are 2 of the worst routes in the city when it comes to bus bunching. The LFSA is going to become notoriuusly known for bunching because of the fact it only serves those routes. In other words if you're waiting any longer than scheduled 2 or more buses will show up for you.

:(of the main problems with the Bx 12 is the corridor between boston rd and southern blvd the traffic backs up there all the time especially during rush hours the route can not use the underpass at southern blvd because it would not be able to serve s.blvd with connections to Bx19 and Bx9 also the east side of the route new england thru way also has congestion problems

All I know about the LFSA is that it is getting abused by dirty SBS riders and Gun Hill needs to clean them up fast, after only 1-2 months of service for most of the buses. I caught 1214 this week and it smelled like urine inside the bus,lets not forget all the garbage littered on the bus. All I ask for is a clean bus to ride on and I cant get that from the newest buses we have in NYC. At least 3 times in the past 3 weeks I rode a dirty LFSA on Bx12 SBS.

Another thing. Bx12 SBS and M15 are 2 of the worst routes in the city when it comes to bus bunching. The LFSA is going to become notoriuusly known for bunching because of the fact it only serves those routes. In other words if you're waiting any longer than scheduled 2 or more buses will show up for you.

While what most of what you said was true, the part in bold was probably the most retarded thing I ever read. Just because a route causes bunching because of traffic and other issues, dont blame the fleet for that problem....

:(the problem is that the corridor between boston rd and southern blvd has terrible traffic in the rush hour and the Bx12 cannot use the underpass at southern blvd since the connection for the bx19 and bx9 would be lost.Also the eastern part of the route has to deal with the england thru way traffic this causes bunches or at least contributes to it. i agree the ridership should be more cleaner but the nycta dose"nt give the cleaners enough time to do the job properly since they have so many busses pulling in at the same time so it sweep quickly and run the the bus was which most time has no soap in it.

The Novas should also be on the Q12 and Q13 buses as well. It's ridiculous that these two very crowded bus lines are running with standard 40-foot buses, many of which are almost 20 years old.

The majority of the fleet on the Q12 and Q13 are hybrid buses that are 1-4 years old. The Orion Vs on those lines are only 11-14 years old.

The majority of the fleet on the Q12 and Q13 are hybrid buses that are 1-4 years old. The Orion Vs on those lines are only 11-14 years old.

And the ones that are 14 years old probably will not make it through year's end, or even through the month.

Archived