Jamaica Yard & Pitkin Yards/R160/R46

LandoftheLost

Grammer fail lol

R46 are supposed to go on the (A) and (C), and R160s will replace the lines that used the R46. (F)(V)(R) ...not really sure if R160s will go on the (V)

the (V) is gonna get R160's...although it won't be the 5-car R160's, and it won't be the (V) at that time...its gonna be the (M)

Because there are some R160's on the R, a corresponding number of R46's are on the F.

Yup, as More R160's goes to the (R), More R46's will go to the (F).

as per update, Im still asking myself when Jamaica gets 20-30 R32's back from 207th, what Line are they are going too.

And its funny because The R46 (F) I just got of of, is a Pitkin set and the dumbass Dispasher at 179, Layed the R46 up, That Dispacher is going to be in deep soup.

OK, if the R32 is almost solely dedicated to the (C) line, why isn't it full length?

Not enough cars to go around to extend (C) trains to 10-car lengths especially with the R44s to be retired. They'll need every train they can have.

In theory though, with the cuts of the (M2) to southern Brooklyn and the (W) in Lower Manhattan, along with the (V) end in Queens being taken over by 8-car (M) trains, there should be enough to allow the (C) to run full length trains. But then again retiring the entire R44 fleet does kill any such flexibility.

Hey, the (MTA) should make the (R) all R160, and put the remaining ones on the (F)? Then it would be: (E) - R160, (F) - R46/ R160, and (R) - R160. To me, that makes the most sense, since the (F) requires too many trains to make it all NTT. Jamaica Yard's gonna have about 780 NTTs, so it'd be good that way.

Hey, the (MTA) should make the (R) all R160, and put the remaining ones on the (F)? Then it would be: (E) - R160, (F) - R46/ R160, and (R) - R160. To me, that makes the most sense, since the (F) requires too many trains to make it all NTT. Jamaica Yard's gonna have about 780 NTTs, so it'd be good that way.

I agree with you on that one but you will also have R32's so they are going to have to go on one of those lines.

and at GC, The talk of extending the (C) is still in talk, but we will wait and see, I don't think it would be extended to 10 cars, but there is a twist, If the TA has extra cars after the cuts, They will make the (C) 10 cars, meaning Half or all of those 207th R32's would have to go elsewhere, And The TA would choose the (:P since it would be the only Part Time line in the TA, I don't think the TA wants to keep the oldest equipment on a full-time line, as for Jamica when they get the extra 30, Their R32 assignments are Unknown (after the (V) is cut).

and CI is going to have extras after the (W) is cut, if those 64 R46's don't go to SI then they will have to figure out what to do with the extra cars.

I agree with you on that one but you will also have R32's so they are going to have to go on one of those lines.

and at GC, The talk of extending the (C) is still in talk, but we will wait and see, I don't think it would be extended to 10 cars, but there is a twist, If the TA has extra cars after the cuts, They will make the (C) 10 cars, meaning Half or all of those 207th R32's would have to go elsewhere, And The TA would choose the (:) since it would be the only Part Time line in the TA, I don't think the TA wants to keep the oldest equipment on a full-time line, as for Jamica when they get the extra 30, Their R32 assignments are Unknown (after the (V) is cut).

and CI is going to have extras after the (W) is cut, if those 64 R46's don't go to SI then they will have to figure out what to do with the extra cars.

those 64 R46's may end up not going to SI instead they may used them on (C) for full length.

plan to send R46's to SI may get rejected

those 64 R46's may end up not going to SI instead they may used them on (C) for full length.

plan to send R46's to SI may get rejected

I doubt they would make the (C) full length now, it's been 8 cars for so long and now there is a near car shortage.

Yup, as More R160's goes to the (R), More R46's will go to the (F).

as per update, Im still asking myself when Jamaica gets 20-30 R32's back from 207th, what Line are they are going too.

And its funny because The R46 (F) I just got of of, is a Pitkin set and the dumbass Dispasher at 179, Layed the R46 up, That Dispacher is going to be in deep soup.

There could be a good reason why the 179 dispatcher laid up the Pitkin assigned R46 consist.

According to how the supplement schedule is written, and admittedly I haven't seen it, there very well could be a few intervals at the end of the GO in which some F's out of 179 go to Euclid and do not come back to 179. Therefore, this Pitkin set of R46's could re-enter service later to make one of those final intervals out of 179.

i think TA can't replace the SI R44 now due to them getting SMS, in the end they will reject that plan.

That doesn't mean anything. When the R30s were being rehabbed they were shortly scrapped. Why? It was in the TA's budget...we're going to be seeing R30 syndrome all over again.

i think TA can't replace the SI R44 now due to them getting SMS, in the end they will reject that plan.

It has happened before, as LRG pointed out they did it to the R30s. Hell many R30s still had wet paint when they were moved to SBK.

It has happened before, as LRG pointed out they did it to the R30s. Hell many R30s still had wet paint when they were moved to SBK.

Yup...I saw photos of 'em fresh out of overhaul, soon to be scrapped within months. It was kinda upsetting and stupid, but it's a done issue.

One difference was that there was more of a rush to get rid of the 30's, because of the lack of air conditioning. The SI 44's don't have that kind of issue. The rush might be if they are in so bad condition, but the SMS might have addressed that for those; it's just that they don't want to bother SMS'ing the ones on this side (which I think were in worse condition anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

and at GC, The talk of extending the (C) is still in talk, but we will wait and see, I don't think it would be extended to 10 cars, but there is a twist, If the TA has extra cars after the cuts, They will make the (C) 10 cars, meaning Half or all of those 207th R32's would have to go elsewhere, And The TA would choose the (:P since it would be the only Part Time line in the TA, I don't think the TA wants to keep the oldest equipment on a full-time line, as for Jamica when they get the extra 30, Their R32 assignments are Unknown (after the (V) is cut).

i think the R32's (if jamaica gets more) the 32's will go on the (R). as far as the (F), i think it should be 100% R160 :eek:

If Jamaica gets more R32s, they would go on the (R) since that would be the only part-time line out of Jamaica

yeah I did hear that, But I doubt it, The (R) is a long line, Jamiaca would scatter them among the (E),(F) and (R), But I just have this gut feeling that they might pop back up on the (E).

Archived