Which type of trains do you like better?

trainfan22

Which type of trains do you like better?  

1. 1. Which type of trains do you like better?

• Old Technology Trains
    • New Technology Trains

Love the new tech trains (R160B Siemens and the R142A). I am a IRT lover, and for some reason when I become a T/O, would love to work with the R142As.

The IRT lines have always been my favorites also, and the R142A has been my favorite car ever since it was introduced in late 2000/early 2001. Have to go with the new technology on this one.

I say the perfect car looks like an R142A, sounds like one, has a full width cab (with no diffusion grading on the window on the door), is as tough as an R32, maybe slants a little in front, and every 10 car set has different characteristics (IE, half cabs, different colored seats/end caps, different metal exteriors, different colored walls, carpeted floors, different automated voices, etc) so it isn't all the same and the cars have more of a personality.

I say the perfect car looks like an R142A, sounds like one, has a full width cab (with no diffusion grading on the window on the door), is as tough as an R32, maybe slants a little in front, and every 10 car set has different characteristics (IE, half cabs, different colored seats/end caps, different metal exteriors, different colored walls, carpeted floors, different automated voices, etc) so it isn't all the same and the cars have more of a personality.

The R110A has some of those features

1]looks like an R142A

2]I think it had adtrainz popusion just like the R142A

3]Has a full width cab

4]it had the burry window sadly

5]not as tough as an R32 sadly

6]The R40s have a slant

7]Every car did have diffent color seats

8]The R44 had carpeted floors

So the perfect car would be an mix of the R32,R40S,R44 and the R110A with adtrainz popusion!

The R110A has some of those features

1]looks like an R142A

2]I think it had adtrainz popusion just like the R142A

3]Has a full width cab

4]it had the burry window sadly

5]not as tough as an R32 sadly

6]The R40s have a slant

7]Every car did have diffent color seats

8]The R44 had carpeted floors

So the perfect car would be an mix of the R32,R40S,R44 and the R110A with adtrainz popusion!

Yep, I do love the R110A. They really need to get that train out of the yard, its perfectly good as far as I know. I'd operate it if they'd train me. But that's not what this thread is about, I just figure the subway needs some more personality to it, I don't want every train to look almost the same. Truly, that would be the best train I think. The TO and CR would still get the full cab, but you could kinda have the RFW. I figure something tough that has a personality would be best.

carpeted floors is a no-no in the subway. definitely a no in my opinion.

yes, even though i like carpeted floors and think their nice and look pretty, their a pain in the ass to clean, and also what if someone throws up or spills or takes a piss in the train (which i have seen people do lots of times, trust me)

I like the old tech trains better, since each conductor makes their own announcement differently. On the R142/As sometimes the stripmap would display incorrect information. I miss the days when the redbirds would dominate the Lexington Avenue line.

Yeah them R142s on the (2)/(5) lines always have the wrong stripmaps.Like for example most rush hour (5) trains go to utica but the stripmap says it goes to flatbush.Yeah i rember when the redbirds dominated the lex.That was so cool back in those days.

the E has alot of homeless people, and with homeless people in the subway comes pissing in the subway (or where else would they piss? lol)

i guess even the homeless wants to experience the glory and Excellence of the E B)

Or show how they feel about the suckage of the service sometimes or the trains are too loud for them to sleep.

Last comment.

NTTs pwns y0! Yea, they can screw up abit and whatnot, but not as bad one thinks. Its just a matter of the MTA keeping up with them and make sure they can fix a problem when it occurs. Its technology to work ahead with.

the E has alot of homeless people, and with homeless people in the subway comes pissing in the subway (or where else would they piss? lol)

i guess even the homeless wants to experience the glory and Excellence of the E B)

The reason why homeless people like the (E) line so much.Is beause the line is underground the whole route.And it has no relays and run 24/7.For examble if the (R) line ran 24/7 and didnt have a relay.You would a lot more homeless people on the (R) line.Because the R46s are not as loud as the R32s are.Thus it will easier for them to sleep...

Archived