Taking a break from forums

DOB2RTO

I am taking a break from the forums for a while. The reason why, is it seems some force has me destined to be unhappy. This is in regard to the T/O thing. First I get no letter, that delayed me getting into a late February class. I was suppose to go down on the 13th of February. MTA human resources says DCAS might of sent them the wrong address (possibly my old one, even though I have confirmation they were notified). I called those a$$holes at employment twice a month, and they kept telling me the same crap, instead of what I asked for. What was the last number called for the drug test not the last one hired. I even asked them if my list # was called for the LAB, "we didn't get to hiring your number yet", they say. I tell them I want to know about the LAB not if I was hired yet. They don't know. In the meantime, I was sent a letter, but not to my residence. DCAS sent a letter of confirmation that they received my COA, but possibly didn't put it into their system. This was almost 2 years ago. Now the March 17 class that I was suppose to be in, is full already. If I were able to get off Monday, and went down, I would of gotten called Tuesday, and would of been able to do the medical Wednesday, and would of been in the class. Tues/Wed is my RDOs. But they call me late on Friday to tell me when to go down for the LAB, and by then the union was gone, so I could get no COA for Monday. They call me late Wednesday, asking if I could come down Thursday. By the time I got to KB Wednesday (it was my RDO), the union already had the stuff set up for Thursday. If I were able to get down there today, I would of been in this class. It seems that some evil force is hell-bent to tease and punish my black ass. I can't catch a break at all it seems. Now I have to spend more time in the DOB, a place I do not want to be at anymore. Why does this happen to me, I don't know. I am on the edge thinking of just going to put in that application at Liberty Lines, and telling the MTA to kiss my black biscuits, if hired by them. I will have to train again, and would take a pay cut, but at least there they know their drivers by their name, and defend their drivers. MTA doesn't give a sh!t about you, or whether you starve. That's the facts.

I will be calling the lady at HR at MTA to find out when the next class after this might be scheduled. I will be letting her know, that I will be calling once a week to make sure they don't skip over me a 3rd time. She said they will call me to finish up the process when their is another class. From now on out I don't trust them as they might forget, and go on to new people. I will be blowing her phone line up, 1-2 times a week.

I am just so furious right now. 2 opportunities gone, and knowing if the MTA were to do things the right way, they would find out why I got no letter, and put me in my respective spot, if they found that they and/or DCAS f-ed up. That would be the right thing to do. That means even if I get into a later class, when pick time comes, I would be where I suppose to be (ahead of others who trained before me), if they find out they and/or DCAS f-ed up. If they did drop the ball, (and I know they did) they should do the right thing. No list # behind me should be picking in front of me if the agency screwed up. But then, it's the MTA, so far as they are concerned, "it sucks we did this to you, and it sucks to be you".

I want to choke the life out those mother f#$%^&*s so bad! I have to take a break and ponder. It will be a struggle to want to stay in the DOB for another month or two or three. It isn't as easy as some of you think. NYCTA Surface is not for me. I have to leave it soon. If another T/O class I suppose to be in gets f-up on behalf of the TA and DCAS, and I have to wait a 3rd time, I will be applying to Liberty Lines. There should be a law where if the agency messed up, you get a full refund of you money if you decide to not wait anymore. You shouldn't have to pay, pass, and then get screwed. Doing what they have done to me, takes money away from one. Seniority = money here.

Most likely it was a screw up with DCAS or (MTA). The (MTA) almost screwed me on that T/O List. I am not sure if I told you this story before but I just remembered it. Shortly after taken the Promotional T/O Exam in 2003 I got a Letter in the Mail from (MTA). It stated according to our records you have filied and taken the Exam for the Pro T/O Exam. Our records show you ARE NOT an Employee of (MTA) New York City Transit and is disqulifed from this Exam. If you wish to be put on the O/C T/O List please send a check or money order ( I forgot the amount and who to send it to) then I will be placed on that list. I been a C/R for (NYCT) since 2000 and when I got the letter I was getting ready to report to my job on the (6) Line. I was heated and immediately called the (MTA) Human Resources. I told the lady about the letter I got and if I am not a (MTA) Employee let me know now because I will not be going to work today. So She asked for my Employee info and checked the computer and confirmed I been a (MTA) Employee then told me I got the letter in error because of a Computer problem and now its been fixed. Then 2 wks later got a letter saying disregard the last letter.

Sometime you can't help but wonder how they do things.

Most likely it was a screw up with DCAS or (MTA). The (MTA) almost screwed me on that T/O List. I am not sure if I told you this story before but I just remembered it. Shortly after taken the Promotional T/O Exam in 2003 I got a Letter in the Mail from (MTA). It stated according to our records you have filied and taken the Exam for the Pro T/O Exam. Our records show you ARE NOT an Employee of (MTA) New York City Transit and is disqulifed from this Exam. If you wish to be put on the O/C T/O List please send a check or money order ( I forgot the amount and who to send it to) then I will be placed on that list. I been a C/R for (NYCT) since 2000 and when I got the letter I was getting ready to report to my job on the (6) Line. I was heated and immediately called the (MTA) Human Resources. I told the lady about the letter I got and if I am not a (MTA) Employee let me know now because I will not be going to work today. So She asked for my Employee info and checked the computer and confirmed I been a (MTA) Employee then told me I got the letter in error because of a Computer problem and now its been fixed. Then 2 wks later got a letter saying disregard the last letter.

Sometime you can't help but wonder how they do things.

That's why one always have to keep a tab on them. You are an employee and their CPU says that. Welcome to the MTA.......

Hey DOB: I had a problem with them when I was getting called. I wish the best for you, and I remember someone told me that the people who work at 180 livingston were either hired by dcas or they were once regular mts employees who were suspended a numerous amount of times so they just put them there. Either way, thats just part of the problem.

Keep your head up. You've dealt with worse being a bus driver. Think of this as the last step before your released. Almost like a last tour of duty for a soldier. You helped others on this site like me, and I'm sure karma will come back around. Just don't forget us when your happy. Thanks!

Chris Frusci

Just don't forget us when your happy. Thanks!

Chris Frusci

That will never happen. I will always remember where I started in my transportation career, and will always have respect for those who tolerate driving a transit bus for many, many , many, years. If you mean staying on the boards, just look at my signature. I ain't goin' nowhere.

That will never happen. I will always remember where I started in my transportation career, and will always have respect for those who tolerate driving a transit bus for many, many , many, years. If you mean staying on the boards, just look at my signature. I ain't goin' nowhere.

Thats whats up! :D

Archived