Want a good laugh (on topic)

Kamen Rider

What's so funny about a confused tourist? At least he/she took the time to ask online instead of pestering an MTA clerk.

I agree (except for pestering an MTA clerk, it their job to answer questions aswell). why is this funny. I mean he's to NYC like he said and he's just trying to learn more just like all of us here try to learn something new everyday! But hay!... we all have a different sense of humor don't we... ;)

you all act like everyone anywhere knows everthing about the (MTA)! and what with more changes coming who wouldn't get confused. if you never ask you'll never learn... lol :P then again, at least that person asked and didn't stay shut!! i look up to people that aren't afraid to ask a question like that:)

• 2 weeks later...

I think what is "funny" is the way some of respondants answered based on the way the O.P. constructed his/her question. In the phrase "I've also learned that there are trains that go around the city, say from Manhattan to Brooklyn. Can my metro card work on those too or do I need to buy seperate cards?", it is possible he/she was thinking of the L.I.R.R. which serves Brooklyn and Queens (moreso) and the M.N.R.R. which serves The Bronx.

I think the best answer (most helpful) actually is either harryk or Native New Yorker's. The only thing I would've added to either answer is that the L.I.R.R. is useful to reach places like Queens Village, Saint Albans, Springfield Gardens, Bayside, places that the subway doesn't reach in Queens.

The funniest are Pancake Man and James H.

Yes, we are known for confusion:

The (6), Lexington Avenue Local, East Side I.R.T. Local and line colored green (on the map)

are the same train, not four trains.

Whats funny about it? What is funny you spent the time looking for something like this and posting it.

Other systems out there you have to pay seperate fares to go from town to town. Look @ PATCO & SEPTA, you need entirely different types of metro type cards to ride them. PATCO has a smartcard system and septa still uses the token system along with weekly passes.

Lol @ you for wasting time looking for this and posting it.

This should be closed.

Honestly I don't think the replys on yahoo are funy I think they are rude. Thats just how I feel. For some one that dose not live in a great city like we do, and have trains that can take them from point A to B they probably dont have a clue that for $2.25 you can enter the system and ride around all day or even live down there. Even if lets say that person come from England, a big city where they have trains, its not one price to every city and station, if you go futher you pay more. And I'm sure you have plenty of young students or even older people that might plan a trip to NYC for summer vacation. Maybe they never saw a subway system in thire life time.? so whats the big deal if some asks if a unlimted pass wil take them around town? I think its a good question.

I don't have to be mindful of anything. If you are plaing on coming here, and are smart enough to use a computer, then you should have enough of a clue about what the world famous New York City Subway is. This isn't like you're landing in cleveland and don't know about their Red Line.

Unlike members of this board, most people are NOT transitfans. This person at least had a clue as to what a MetroCard was.

The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. You can never fault people for having the curiosity to inquire about their natural surroundings and seek to understand them. You can fault them for making assumptions that prove to be wrong because they were scared to ask for help.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

The person asking the question is a tourist so I find nothing wrong with the question. Personally, those answers were kinda uncalled for. Just cuz he/she doesn't know jack shit about the subways don't mean he/she should get bashed for it. Now if the person was a native New Yorker, then things would be lsightly different. This wasn't funny at all

Archived