Car Inspector Lay Off's

Hopeful

Hell we didnt even get any pink slips- We were told to not come after july 2nd. Just horrible the way they conducted this. We all knew the ax was coming down but some sort of written notice would have helped.:mad:

I was hearing about that Car Inspectors and Cleaners where also getting Layed Off. In RTO Some Tower Operators and Assistant Train Dispatchers will be going back to their Former Titles such as Conductor and Station Agent. I don't know how that will work going back to Station Agent.

I was hearing about that Car Inspectors and Cleaners where also getting Layed Off. In RTO Some Tower Operators and Assistant Train Dispatchers will be going back to their Former Titles such as Conductor and Station Agent. I don't know how that will work going back to Station Agent.

If they have a combined work time of 5 years with both ATD or Tower operator, then they will be safe going back as a S/A. If they don't have 5 years of service then they will be laid off in the second round of lay offs after these bull shit public hearings.

Reading between tha lines with Tha demotions to their prior titles those junior conductors are gone if that's true

Hell we didnt even get any pink slips- We were told to not come after july 2nd. Just horrible the way they conducted this. We all knew the ax was coming down but some sort of written notice would have helped.:mad:

Damn and I thought they did us S/A's and B/O's badly, not even a written notice??? what kinda crap is that?? . I swear after they've laid off everyone they wanted to layoff they will find some sort of surplus money they had no idea they knew they had. This is just despicable, I'm sorry you've been my union brother.

• 2 weeks later...
Reading between tha lines with Tha demotions to their prior titles those junior conductors are gone if that's true

the problem is a lot of them were out of title for more than a year so when they come back they will be the junior conductors at the bottom.

The only thing Mr Egg Head is doing is setting up the MTA for a collapse. The MTA is all about making money and in time with these service cuts , the budget and their intake are not going to balance out because people will adjust and not use their service. When this happens most of these cuts will be reinstated and they are going to be short handed personnel wise. By that time Egg Head will have his parachute ready for launch.There is only so much OT senior workers are going to work when they have their mind set on retirement.So what happens ,workers are reinstated and some will need a refresher which will cost more money and there will be a need for new workers.Layoffs is one thing but the massive layoffs that the MTA is doing right now is going to hurt more then help.This is also the time when all of the unions whether its the TWU , UTU or BLET (can't add ACRE because they are MTA run anyway)make them pay and I mean hard. The MTA needs their workforce and not the other way around to make revenue .It's going to be very interesting watching this mess as the year goes on and I can assure you there is going to be some questions that they are going to have to answer as well as a lot of finger pointing.

We were told since they cant layoff T/C or S/A off they are laying off all provisional CI's and RCI. RCI which everyone knew was untouchable...... Scary! Oh well-we will be back but not before 2-3 yrs.

They are laying off provisionals city wide . Civil servants are offered way better protection because the agency has to adhere to the civil service laws. Provisionals regardless of years of service can be easily dismissed. Seniority plays no role with provisionals

I'm so sorry that you were treated like that, I don't blame people for being angry down at P.S. 248. Hopefully you'll be back real soon (that is if you want to come back, can't blame people like JMazz for being pissed off.)

• 2 weeks later...
they just laid off about 200 Provisional signal helpers........they called them down to livingston on tuesday to tell them today is their last day ! :tdown:

Wow...

A little birdy told me the after math of the car inspector layoffs was about 100 in total, including about 15 in the South, things are really getting bad around here...service employees getting let go i wonder how much upper management has bitten the bullet?

Subway guy

they have been letting go of provisionals city wide. They have no protection under civil service law. They are letting go of so Many provisionals in my agency as well . I am talking about in the thousands. Seniority means nothing unless you have civil service status.

Subway guy

they have been letting go of provisionals city wide. They have no protection under civil service law. They are letting go of so Many provisionals in my agency as well . I am talking about in the thousands. Seniority means nothing unless you have civil service status.

I'm aware of that but a lot of non union and non civil service titles have also been getting affected. They are trying to reduce headcount by 20% in some areas.

With the car inspectors many were provisional, but at least a few were not from what I understand.

I'm aware of that but a lot of non union and non civil service titles have also been getting affected. They are trying to reduce headcount by 20% in some areas.

With the car inspectors many were provisional, but at least a few were not from what I understand.

No All laid of were provisionals- CI, CME, MMC and few other titles.

I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about. At my job, when people get laid off, sometimes the supervisor or supervisors come and tell them to not touch the computer. Some aren't even allowed to gather their things. Then they go to a meeting are told they are laid off and get a package and etc. Someone else gathers there things and brings it to them. They are told to give them back the security card to the office and etc. Thats a real bad layoff.

I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about. At my job, when people get laid off, sometimes the supervisor or supervisors come and tell them to not touch the computer. Some aren't even allowed to gather their things. Then they go to a meeting are told they are laid off and get a package and etc. Someone else gathers there things and brings it to them. They are told to give them back the security card to the office and etc. Thats a real bad layoff.

They are complaining about the people losing thier jobs not to hard to figure out. Thats thier right to do it. I been down the layoff line myself it is what it is, i shook it off kept it moving. Pops taught me how to survive in this world.

I guess you think this is private sector? Two different worlds.

Archived