R32 Set No Longer On The (B)

Let's bring all of the R-32s to Coney Island Yard then, but Coney Island needs to give up something in return, just a suggestion. R-32s should stay together.

Not all bring about 5-10 sets=50-100cars.

And give the (A)'s crew some fat asses they'll tear em up!

The R42s at 207 were never "supposed to be sent" to ENY. They are Mothballed, and will likely remain in storage unless at some point it is determined that they are needed.

I believe those stickers displaying their status have been in place since their retirement, so such should not be a surprise to anyone.

Yeah; I don't know where that rumor kept coming from.

With the four new trains just arriving, that neatly fills in the additional requirement for the (M), so the 42's already here are being kepr longer, but they don't need any more cars.

I have from the beginning said it would make sense to replace them with 32's, to have only one old fleet, and the ones with the best bodies, but I don't know where Car Equpment stands with that idea now.

I wished there were at least a handful of R32s on the (A). I so would like a few final pics of it on the Rocks. I didn't have a problem with R32s on the (:P. The main issue was how 'rare it ran'. It made 'chasing' it pointless unless one were to waste 2hrs of their lives to wait for it.

My limit is 20-30min. if I have to wait longer, then it's not worth it.

I thought there were R32s on the (A). Unless that has changed since the implementation of service cuts?

55 mph is allowed by the speed limit? I don't think so.

Not all t/o's go by the speed limit ya know. I remember being on the (A) from Hoyt-Schermerhorn St to Nostrand Av in which the speed limit in that section is 30 mph (correct me if I'm wrong). But the t/o flew into Nostrand Av at 46 mph. BTW it was an R32. :P I guess if theirs no timers or sharp curves, some t/o's will try to haul ass despite the speed limit.

I can understand if they had like 5 or more sets at CI, but since it was just the one, there was no point of it being there especially with the (W) being cut and allowing a few R68s to be freed up to run on the (:P.

Well the Rockaways maybe boring to you, but that's probably because I don't ride that line as often as I do the Brighton line. So maybe I'm just the exact opposite.

Of course the (C) is more flexible. And with the new R46 arrivals, that pretty much will limit the R32s on the (A), but there's still R44s around - so doubtful on the R32 being totally off the (A).

CI was supposed to get those other 26 R32's from Jamaica to add on with the 10 car trainset but the supervisors got pissed @ jamaica for trying to push over the extra R32's instead of R160's, so they got the 2 trainsets of R160's back instead of the 26 R32's, I can't blame 207th for getting that R32 trainset off the (:), It was more of the superviors that kept putting pressure on the yard master that wanted to keep the R32, so that's why you don't see it on the (B) no more, I don't know why the (A) has to have the R32's, The (C) is a perfect line for them, but not the (A), Railfans may think its great but its not when it comes to sign changing, They pulled them off the (A) before and then put them back on, I rode the (A) so many times with the slants,R32's and R38's.

From My point of veiw, The (A) was awsome, now that they are adding more timers at pointless locations because some T/O's don't know how to operate a train into a station. Now that they are adding more timers, It takes away the fun, and you got to look at the (A)/© passengers, Its sad how they always get old subway cars, The R32's an't going anywhere until the next car order R179's, why make those people wait 5 more years, they may be calm now but wacth when they get angry, trust me its going to be hell on earth, and even if the R32's are on the (C), you are still going to have hot cars. That's why I think the (A)/© SHOULD have newer trains.

CI was supposed to get those other 26 R32's from Jamaica to add on with the 10 car trainset but the supervisors got pissed @ jamaica for trying to push over the extra R32's instead of R160's, so they got the 2 trainsets of R160's back instead of the 26 R32's, I can't blame 207th for getting that R32 trainset off the (:P, It was more of the superviors that kept putting pressure on the yard master that wanted to keep the R32, so that's why you don't see it on the (:) no more, I don't know why the (A) has to have the R32's, The (C) is a perfect line for them, but not the (A), Railfans may think its great but its not when it comes to sign changing, They pulled them off the (A) before and then put them back on, I rode the (A) so many times with the slants,R32's and R38's.

From My point of veiw, The (A) was awsome, now that they are adding more timers at pointless locations because some T/O's don't know how to operate a train into a station. Now that they are adding more timers, It takes away the fun, and you got to look at the (A)/© passengers, Its sad how they always get old subway cars, The R32's an't going anywhere until the next car order R179's, why make those people wait 5 more years, they may be calm now but wacth when they get angry, trust me its going to be hell on earth, and even if the R32's are on the (C), you are still going to have hot cars. That's why I think the (A)/© SHOULD have newer trains.

The (A)(C) get oldest trains because 207 Street Yard has direct access to the barge (for reefing).

Not all t/o's go by the speed limit ya know. I remember being on the (A) from Hoyt-Schermerhorn St to Nostrand Av in which the speed limit in that section is 30 mph (correct me if I'm wrong). But the t/o flew into Nostrand Av at 46 mph. BTW it was an R32. :P I guess if theirs no timers or sharp curves, some t/o's will try to haul ass despite the speed limit.

As long as they don't derail the train.

Yard and line level management have no control over which trains are assigned to which yards. (therefore, all you have stated is essentially false.)

Also- The assignment of R32s to 207 has nothing to do with their age, and everything to do with the fact that R32s are the only current car capable of running on the 8 car C. (With the exception of the ENY R160.)

I'll say this, let the R-32s stay on the (A) and the (C) at 207 Street Yard. They're better there anyway, at least they can be maintained at one yard. R-160s and R-68As should stay in Coney Island for the (B)(N)(Q) and (S). I know some of you really like the R-32s back on the Coney Island based routes, but that's not going on anytime soon. If it turns out that the some of the (B) train operators don't like operating the R-32 on that line, well that's good for them too.

So let's be happy about where each type subway car (R-32, R-68/A, and R-160A/B) is and not fuss about it anymore, you're just wasting your time.

I'll say this, let the R-32s stay on the (A) and the (C) at 207 Street Yard. They're better there anyway, at least they can be maintained at one yard. R-160s and R-68As should stay in Coney Island for the (B)(N)(Q) and (S). I know some of you really like the R-32s back on the Coney Island based routes, but that's not going on anytime soon. If it turns out that the some of the (B) train operators don't like operating the R-32 on that line, well that's good for them too.

So let's be happy about where each type subway car (R-32, R-68/A, and R-160A/B) is and not fuss about it anymore, you're just wasting your time.

It is smart to have the 32's in one place but I feel they should be scattered or on part-time lines.I rather ride the (C) than the (A) b\c it's faster and less timers.The 32 set that was at Coney was fine b\c it was one set and it was easy to maintain + they really cared about it they always switched the consist around every few days and there were no problems.So what if the operators don't like it they have to deal with it,that was the BEST WELL MAINTAINED R32 in the system probably the best well maintained train.

It is smart to have the 32's in one place but I feel they should be scattered or on part-time lines.I rather ride the (C) than the (A) b\c it's faster and less timers.The 32 set that was at Coney was fine b\c it was one set and it was easy to maintain + they really cared about it they always switched the consist around every few days and there were no problems.So what if the operators don't like it they have to deal with it,that was the BEST WELL MAINTAINED R32 in the system probably the best well maintained train.

...and whenever it broke down parts had to be sent halfway across the city from 207 Yard.

By the way if one of the reasons why the R-32s should be on the (B) because it's running on the Brighton Line (in a Nostalgia or historic aspect like the (Q) first to use R-32s on the Brighton Express) that's not going to help at all... Not a factor. Scenery is not a factor either.

The claim that the R-32s will be run to death, I don't agree with that because 207 Street has more ways to repair those cars, than any other yard (I'm using the example of the R-32 that used to be in Coney Island headed to 207th Street Yard for repairs)

Coney Island yard has enough types of subway cars to maintain, let's not add any more, and I think the R-32 leaving Coney Island is a good move, I know I'm sad to see the R-32 (B) gone but it's better off at 207th Street just like the rest of the remaining R-32s.

And whoever said that there are enough R-46 cars to fill the (A) fleet, another claim that I'm not going to agree with. R-46s are at Pitkin Yard not 207th Street. R-32s are at 207th Street Only. I must have said this at least more than two times but that's the case. Again, you are entitled to your own opinions and I will respect that.

Another thing, that R-32 stored in Coney Island was in good shape because it's not used that frequently, probably because CI doesn't have all the the necessary tools to help fix that train unlike 207th Street.

If the R-32s are going to retire soon it's best that they retire on the (A)(C) lines, that way if they have to go to being scrapped, they can have direct access to a scrap yard (207), instead of having to travel throughout the city subway lines coming from Coney Island for example.

The claim that the R-32s will be run to death, I don't agree with that because 207 Street has more ways to repair those cars, than any other yard (I'm using the example of the R-32 that used to be in Coney Island headed to 207th Street Yard for repairs) OK then, let's wait and see.

And whoever said that there are enough R-46 cars to fill the (A) fleet, another claim that I'm not going to agree with. R-46s are at Pitkin Yard not 207th Street. R-32s are at 207th Street Only. I go by 207th Street Yard on the way home very frequently. Most of the cars that I see sitting in the yard are R-46s. So while they may be 'officially' based out of Pitkin, the 'unofficial' truth is that a large part of them is at 207th Street Yard. So yes,there ARE R-46s at 207th.

If the R-32s are going to retire soon it's best that they retire on the (A)(C) lines, that way if they have to go to being scrapped, they can have direct access to a scrap yard (207), instead of having to travel throughout the city subway lines coming from Coney Island for example. It really depends on how one looks at the matter.

Replies in RED (above)

Replies in RED (above)

That last one. If you look at it from a convenience point of view then yes they should retire on a line where they have direct access to 207's barge after the last run. But if you look at it from the view of the foamer then throw logic out the window.

That last one. If you look at it from a convenience point of view then yes they should retire on a line where they have direct access to 207's barge after the last run. But if you look at it from the view of the foamer then throw logic out the window.

IAWTP 100% :cool: and also R10 1989, thanks.

Considering that after retirement, most trains are stored in either Pitkin or Concourse yards, the fact that 207 is where the barge leaves from is a nonissue.

Precisely. The thing is, people try to base their reasoning (concerning this matter) on pure logic and pure realism. But this is the MTA we're talking about, and as we know, the (MTA) defies all logic and realism:p (5 years ago, who would have imagined that R-42s would run on the (E), or that the R-44s would be retired in 2010?).

Archived