R32 Set No Longer On The (B)

Never caught the r32 (:P. Never looked for it either because I'm not gonna stand for possible long periods of time for one trainset. i caught the r32 (Q) by chance. It just came into canal st during the rush and I rode it to 57th st on the railfan window.

Agreed, I don't like camping somewhere forever just too look for something rare. I haven't seen the R32 (:P since October.

I think I saw the R32 (:P once. I thought it was a (D). I was on an (F) at W4th.

And just a side note, go easy on the guy that started this thread. Some of you people take this thing too seriously. Especially reposting. Not everyone is here or on other sites for hours looking to see if something is already posted. If you dont like it, don't reply.

I Already knew what time it came out, That's why I always got it, They ran it in 1 intervaul starting in march, the longest I waited for it was 20 mintues, Like I said before R32's on the (A) is pointless, If you got a BIG ass handfull of R46's 416 cars, what's the sence of running an R32 on the (A) and you have enough R46's to full the (A) line, Im greatful that I got my rides on an R32 on the (:)/(Q) and to GC, That was NOT a Waste, I and other railfans Enjoyed it as well, Brighton Line Is 10 times better than the Rockaways, I have better things to do than ride an R32 on a Boring ass line, I like the (C) 10 times Better, Rerember you can do more things with the (C) than the (A).

I Already knew what time it came out, That's why I always got it, They ran it in 1 intervaul starting in march, the longest I waited for it was 20 mintues, Like I said before R32's on the (A) is pointless, If you got a BIG ass handfull of R46's 416 cars, what's the sence of running an R32 on the (A) and you have enough R46's to full the (A) line, Im greatful that I got my rides on an R32 on the (:)/(Q) and to GC, That was NOT a Waste, I and other railfans Enjoyed it as well, Brighton Line Is 10 times better than the Rockaways, I have better things to do than ride an R32 on a Boring ass line, I like the (C) 10 times Better, Rerember you can do more things with the (C) than the (A).

Only problem...MTA doesn't care about railfans.

RTO is incharge of the car assignments NOT MTA, How many times I got to tell people that,

ENY is short, 207th was supposed to send those 14 cars of R42's to ENY,

Jamaica has very few spares, That's their falt for giving up to much R46's and 26 R32's.

I heard something (a GO) for the (C) that I am not going to bring up, but this one is going to be a suprpise.

RTO is incharge of the car assignments NOT MTA, How many times I got to tell people that,

Jamaica has very few spares, That's their falt for giving up to much R46's and 26 R32's.

I heard something (a GO) for the (C) that I am not going to bring up, but this one is going to be a suprpise.

Isn't RTO part of MTA though?

You're also in for a surprise...those 14 R42s at 207th Street have been marked "NOT OK FOR SERVICE".

Which is why the R32 (:) was such an issue. It was CI's last set of 32's, the last set of 32's outside of 207th Yard, and with the changes on the way, their days at CI were numbered. Unless something drastic happens, 207 is where they will die with the next batch of new cars.

Just picking at your words: is RTO not a part of the MTA? Either way, the practicality of running a transit system will iron out all the anomalies like CI's R32 set, which makes our hobby boring. Fine, we need a more efficient transit system, but I know I'm not alone when I wish I was born a little earlier to experience and document the craziness of the 70's and 80's. That's one reason why I love NYC Subway: the variety of equipment due to a colorful history.

I disagree that Fulton/Rockaway is a boring line. The stations are long, which gives for good photo ops, the design of the Euclid, Sheperd, Van Siclen, and Liberty stations are unique, the Rockaways are picturesque and unique, and the Manhattan run from Euclid to ENY is one of the best IND express runs IMO.

You're also in for a surprise...those 14 R42s at 207th Street have been marked "NOT OK FOR SERVICE".

Really? In storage all this time for nothing? Fail.

Only thing left are R32s though thiswill be interesting

So your saying if the R32's were to ever appear on the (J)/(Z) lines, you would'nt go to take some shots? I would'nt call it foaming.

I would sure, Im for it. Just i know some who would Foam to see that ..

I'm going to make my point clear, there's no use ranting about R-32s being on 207th Street yard. The good thing is that it's in one place right now. How do you know that that yard is not taking care of those cars? Just in case some of you didn't know, I'm a Brighton rider and ride the (:) and (Q) more frequently than any other line, but you don't see me whining about that R-32 gone from the (B). Some of you really need to stop making a fuss about that lone R-32 set, seriously. I mean come on now.

Do not make the claim that the R-46 trains are the reason why the R-32 trains shouldn't be there, those 75 foot car trains are in Pitkin, not 207 Street. I think that riders should just enjoy the train fleets as the way they are now.

I'll say that it was great seeing that R-32 on the (B), don't get me wrong, I like that set. Truthfully that R-32 set is better with other train cars just like it and I'll just leave it at that. I'm glad the R-32s are united at one yard, to me it doesn't matter.

You don't have to agree with me, and I don't expect everyone will agree with my point. I just don't want pointless rants about it anymore. I do not post this to offend anyone either.

I'm going to make my point clear, there's no use ranting about R-32s being on 207th Street yard. The good thing is that it's in one place right now. How do you know that that yard is not taking care of those cars? Just in case some of you didn't know, I'm a Brighton rider and ride the (B) and (Q) more frequently than any other line, but you don't see me whining about that R-32 gone from the (B). Some of you really need to stop making a fuss about that lone R-32 set, seriously. I mean come on now.

Do not make the claim that the R-46 trains are the reason why the R-32 trains shouldn't be there, those 75 foot car trains are in Pitkin, not 207 Street. I think that riders should just enjoy the train fleets as the way they are now.

I'll say that it was great seeing that R-32 on the (B), don't get me wrong, I like that set. Truthfully that R-32 set is better with other train cars just like it and I'll just leave it at that. I'm glad the R-32s are united at one yard, to me it doesn't matter.

You don't have to agree with me, and I don't expect everyone will agree with my point. I just don't want pointless rants about it anymore. I do not post this to offend anyone either. Why not? I would. Some of the obsession with this set was absolutely pathetic. Stalking a train is seriously disturbing.

Reply in red.

The R42s at 207 were never "supposed to be sent" to ENY. They are Mothballed, and will likely remain in storage unless at some point it is determined that they are needed.

I believe those stickers displaying their status have been in place since their retirement, so such should not be a surprise to anyone.

I Already knew what time it came out, That's why I always got it, They ran it in 1 intervaul starting in march, the longest I waited for it was 20 mintues, Like I said before R32's on the (A) is pointless, If you got a BIG ass handfull of R46's 416 cars, what's the sence of running an R32 on the (A) and you have enough R46's to full the (A) line, Im greatful that I got my rides on an R32 on the (B)/(Q) and to GC, That was NOT a Waste, I and other railfans Enjoyed it as well, Brighton Line Is 10 times better than the Rockaways, I have better things to do than ride an R32 on a Boring ass line, I like the (C) 10 times Better, Rerember you can do more things with the (C) than the (A).

I can understand if they had like 5 or more sets at CI, but since it was just the one, there was no point of it being there especially with the (W) being cut and allowing a few R68s to be freed up to run on the (B).

Well the Rockaways maybe boring to you, but that's probably because I don't ride that line as often as I do the Brighton line. So maybe I'm just the exact opposite.

Of course the (C) is more flexible. And with the new R46 arrivals, that pretty much will limit the R32s on the (A), but there's still R44s around - so doubtful on the R32 being totally off the (A).

Well C.I wanted to get more 32's on the (:) since it's a part-time line but it never happened.As a R32 (B) supporter I agree that the 32 was a classic on Brighton b\c thats where they were born on the (Q)-Brighton.And the 32's on the (A) suck with all the timers and the Rockaways is boring like Chris said b\c its nothing but flat/smooth track.The (C) is better than the (A) anyways.

The (:) is R68 territory, that R32 was out of place. The 70(B) was R38 and R40 territory mostly way back when.

Its better served on the (A) where theres shops that know how to maintain it and keep it running

That R32 was nor outta place because it was where it belongs*The Brighton Line*.

No it's not better served on the (A) b\c they'll run that train till something bad happens.Also that 32 set on the (B) was the best well maintained R32 in the system probably best train outta all the fleets.They always switched around the consist every few days or once a week.

That R32 was nor outta place because it was where it belongs*The Brighton Line*.

No it's not better served on the (A) b\c they'll run that train till something bad happens.Also that 32 set on the (:) was the best well maintained R32 in the system probably best train outta all the fleets.They always switched around the consist every few days or once a week.

Let's bring all of the R-32s to Coney Island Yard then, but Coney Island needs to give up something in return, just a suggestion. R-32s should stay together.

Archived