Favorite/Least Favorite Line

East New York

What is your favorite and least favorite subway line(s), and why?

My favorites would have to be the (6) because it was the first line I rode a NTT train on, the (A) line because I think the express sevice is one of the best, and the (J) line because it's my home line, I've rode it more than any other line, and this past September was the first time I rode it past B'way Junction.

My least favorite would have to be the (L) line, but only because it takes all year to get from 8 Av-14th St to Canarsie, and the train is packed to capacity towards Manhattan in the AM, and towards Brooklyn in the PM. I wish there was an express track.

My favorite is the (Q)...used to ride it every day when I lived in Coney Island,

2nd fav is the (:D because I love riding the slants

My least favorite is the (E)...the train is a crowded pain in the ass...I like express service, but it's too long inbetween stations in Queens..the trip feels a lot longer when you're standing the whole time

I love the (A) from 207 to Far Rock, the ride across the bay on an R32can't be beat. At a close second is the (E), a pure IND line.

I can't really think of a line I disslike, there are some I don't like as much as others like the (G), but that is because I have never had a RFW on that line.

Growing up with the Southern BMT, I had to choose these as my favorite:

(D)(Q)(:D(W)(M)(N)(R)(F), in addition to the: (4)(7).................... and of course, show my respect to the (Q6)(Qx) lol

Not part of the group: never was a frequent rider on these-

Least Favorite: (C)(L)(Z)

(A) My favorite since it is my home line and I just like some of the views.

(J) I also like this line since I use this line sometimes and the views are nice.

Honestly I'm not too sure about least favorite lines, I do like them also from a buff stand point. I'll get back to you on that.

my favorite lines are the (E)xcellent Express, the (B)est, and the Super (7x) (the (7) is good too but not as good as the (7x)). a few other honorable mentions are the (V) and the (G) when it comes up to QB

my least favorite are the ®idiculously Rare, the (F)ailure, and the Terrible (2)

but im sure you all should know that by now lol

(A) My favorite since it is my home line and I just like some of the views.

(J) I also like this line since I use this line sometimes and the views are nice.

Honestly I'm not too sure about least favorite lines, I do like them also from a buff stand point. I'll get back to you on that.

J does have some awesome views. Especially coming back from Parsons right around sunrise / sunset. The kind of thing you could take a girl with you for if you know I mean...

I like the (1) because of the interesting features that line has (3 track bored tunnel, loop terminal [for now], cool viaduct, and historic 1904 stations.)

The (E) because it uses R32s and it has great speed in Queens

The (:D because of great speed on the Brighton Express.

I also like the (4), but it was/ would be better with redbirds/ more R62s.

It's a long line but I enjoy the (F). It traverses classic IND in Queens, modern scifi at Roosevelt Island, Manhattan IND, crosses the Gowanus at the monstrous Smith-9th and then past more classic IND before coming up on the Culver elevated and winds up at Coney Island. I guess similar could be said about the (A) and its Rockaway components, but I personally like the (F) better.

I like the (7) and the (M) a lot, too, but those are because they're childhood lines.

As for least liked, I'd say the (D). I don't dislike it, but don't like it as much as the others.

The caveat here would be that I don't use any line to commute so my post is from a railfan perspective.

My favorite line is the (2). It's my home line, I ride it most frequently, and the R142 is my favorite car.

I also like the (5), (6), (4), (D), (:D, (L), (N), (G), and (W), in that particular order.

I'm neutral about the (7), (1), (3) and the shuttles.

My least favorites are the (A), (C), (E), (F), (J), (M), (Q), (R) and (V).

I haven't been on the (Z) yet.

My favorite lines are the(6)(7)(E)(J) and (N).

I love the (6) because it is so frequent and you never have to wait long for one. The R142A it uses are also clean and efficient.

I love the (7) because it is one of the best lines to railfan on, and the fact that it is pretty frequent. It's one of two of my home lines.

The (E) is my other home line and is easily one of the greatest underground line to railfan on.

The (N) uses the R160s and is a kind of international express like the (7).

The (J) is another great line to railfan on.

A lot of those lines are very crowded but what does that have to do with anything? It's not like I'm gonna die.

I've never been on the (A) (aside from going to 42nd to 59th on a GO)(;)(C)(D) (well, once when we had to go form Brooklyn to Manhattan to get home but other than that, no)(M)(Q)(S) or (Z) trains before. I'm only 13, I do all my railfanning after school on Fridays.

The last time I've been on the (G) was when I was 6 or something, since I mainly use Queens Boulevard.

I've used the (L) once when I was railfanning, and that first time I was on the (L) was on an R160.

Archived