Bus Drivers Jump from NYC Transit to MTA Bus

CPBO

About 50 NYC Transit drivers who were also laid off, but had more seniority than Moreno, accepted jobs at another MTA division - MTA Bus - where there were vacancies, officials said last week.

So do these guys get to keep the old pension that NYC transit has or did they have to re-sign and start over like we would have to do if we went from MTA BUS to NYC Transit......MTA loves to keep us all in madness....I wonder how they handled this...now if openings come back to NYC transit do these guys get to go back and then pick up were they left off? or even better....if MTA BUS has layoffs do these guys get laid off first? last in first out?

Just gotta love the MTA!!

i love how their firing people and hiring people at the same time lol

last time i checked, Long Island Bus is hiring bus drivers..go figure

Part-timers, however...which begs the question here: Why don't the unions for NYCT and MTA Bus allow part-time employees? For instance, most express bus service would be operated by part-time employees while full-timers plow the base service.

(MTA) Bus Company on the rise I see... very interesting.

We were big to begin with but I'll tell you this I have no prob welcoming the newbies here but don't be waiving no seniority flag in front of me cuz I'll stop you in your tracks

but now it's almost payback due to (T)ransit personnel always looking retarted at our ID TAGS and them asking us uuuuhhhhh what's that , I had to set A couple of Bus ops and station clerks straight , If I'm an Employee of this company then you will extend to me that respect cuz Transit peeps have no problems waiving that ID of thiers in our faces and we don't have to let them on but I know I let them on so hey guys welcome to the family

I noticed that. I was on an express bus in Queens over the weekend and it was a half hour late because the driver was learning the route. I asked about it and the driver said they had been working on some of the discontinued local lines in the Bronx and since they were from the Bronx, they were not familiar with that part of Queens.

I noticed that. I was on an express bus in Queens over the weekend and it was a half hour late because the driver was learning the route. I asked about it and the driver said they had been working on some of the discontinued local lines in the Bronx and since they were from the Bronx, they were not familiar with that part of Queens.

Which route.

I'm glad to see some guys get to keep driving. I would think the union would try and help these guys get in at LI Bus or even the Bee Line.

If bus was half hour late you should show them tricks CP drivers do to make trip faster.

When you're new on a run, the big focus is to know the run the way "the Company" wants you to do it. After you get comfertable running the job that way then thats when you start experimenting with the "razzle dazzle".

I was one of the ta guys laidoff from mtv.they offered us a b/o position with mta bus in 4 depots jfk,far rock,east chester and lagaurdia. I went to jfk.our pension was frozen with ta .at mta bus we are back to a year of probation,and a new id.me personally never had a problem with mta bus.any mta personal that got on my bus no matter the divison or title I showed respect to. So for u ignorant idiots who see any difference between ta,oa or mta bus is an idiot.we all wear the same uniform.respect should be given to all mta employees.I respect all.now when ta starts to recall I am on the list high on senority.we got here Thursday july 5th for 3 days of line training to be ready to be on our own that following Tuesday.jfk has a lot of lines and deadhead trips and to learn all that in four days is bullshit.so if ur on a jfk bus the last week or this week and they miss a turn or don't know the route that's why the b/o screwed up.I myself got lost in jfk with a standing load.when ta calls I'm out.also I lost my rate of pay from ta when I got to jfk,I'm now back at starting pay.

There was layoffs for ta (all probationary hired aug 3rd 2009.thru the year) and mabstoa operators who had 2 years and 3 months on the job.mta bus does things totally different than ta does.mta bus during a regular shift can make trips on four to five different routes including deadheads.ta trips don't do that .mta bus doesn't have paddles they have work cards.two different worlds under one name brand.

I was one of the ta guys laidoff from mtv.they offered us a b/o position with mta bus in 4 depots jfk,far rock,east chester and lagaurdia. I went to jfk.our pension was frozen with ta .at mta bus we are back to a year of probation,and a new id.me personally never had a problem with mta bus.any mta personal that got on my bus no matter the divison or title I showed respect to. So for u ignorant idiots who see any difference between ta,oa or mta bus is an idiot.we all wear the same uniform.respect should be given to all mta employees.I respect all.now when ta starts to recall I am on the list high on senority.we got here Thursday july 5th for 3 days of line training to be ready to be on our own that following Tuesday.jfk has a lot of lines and deadhead trips and to learn all that in four days is bullshit.so if ur on a jfk bus the last week or this week and they miss a turn or don't know the route that's why the b/o screwed up.I myself got lost in jfk with a standing load.when ta calls I'm out.also I lost my rate of pay from ta when I got to jfk,I'm now back at starting pay.

Queens Surface Op here to welcome you to the Fam but 1 thing I noticed your not happy with ....... MTABus all I can say is , Itleast you have a job so for now be happy with what you have and make the best of

it till they call you back .

I will say this though the time they give you to learn the routes is not enough

when I started 9 yrs ago we had A full month to get 21 or so routes .

It's not right to just send you guys out when not ready

Part-timers, however...which begs the question here: Why don't the unions for NYCT and MTA Bus allow part-time employees? For instance, most express bus service would be operated by part-time employees while full-timers plow the base service.

supplementary and express bus service should be part time workers absolutely..if the union wont let them then MTA should open up non-union positions then

Be lucky we got a contract otherwise you would be starting out at 16.50 an hr....but the bright side of that was 3 months probation.......

supplementary and express bus service should be part time workers absolutely..if the union wont let them then MTA should open up non-union positions then

Part Timers allow them to cut up good paying runs. Not everybody wants (or can afford) to bid a 40hr run.

Do you really want to be a parttimer for 3-5 years waiting for a full time spot to open up,or get a good full time job right? out the bat.

I'm happy to be working n very thankful tp mta bus but I'm not happy with the training,it was a joke.I will say mta bus works harder than ta/oa.an example of that is runs I've worked they only give you 20 min for a meal and working 4 to 5 lines in a single day with deadhead is ridiculous.I did a few trips on the qm15 ,I gotta be honest I'm not impressed with the mci's .I don't like the way they feel as opposed to a regular bus and jfks old orions are pure shit and should not be in service.another thing is the terminology mta bus uses is completely different from transit.a lot of guys at jfk still have the mentality that there working for green lines n not the mta.most guys welcomed us open arms some others are extremely cold to us.I believe that if your working for mta that eventually the salaries and contracts will be the same for ta,oa n mta bus and one day everything will be merged together some won't like that but it is what it is.

I'm happy to be working n very thankful tp mta bus but I'm not happy with the training,it was a joke.I will say mta bus works harder than ta/oa.an example of that is runs I've worked they only give you 20 min for a meal and working 4 to 5 lines in a single day with deadhead is ridiculous.I did a few trips on the qm15 ,I gotta be honest I'm not impressed with the mci's .I don't like the way they feel as opposed to a regular bus and jfks old orions are pure shit and should not be in service.another thing is the terminology mta bus uses is completely different from transit.a lot of guys at jfk still have the mentality that there working for green lines n not the mta.most guys welcomed us open arms some others are extremely cold to us.I believe that if your working for mta that eventually the salaries and contracts will be the same for ta,oa n mta bus and one day everything will be merged together some won't like that but it is what it is.

(N)ot to sound Harsh but now you feel the other side and this side you will understand what we go through ,No I'm not saying transit is A walk in the Park but now you see what the Private lines has to offer .

(1) more thing when I passed the NYCT Bus exam back in 2003 ,I was already at Queens Surface and I could of left but I didn't and to be honest I don't regret it cuz I'm greatful for what I had at QSC :tup:

So I always remember where I came from

Just like any other job, in buses you will meet a certain percentage of dicks. There is no way to avoid it completely so once you know someone is a dick you gotta shine em off and get on with life. Just think I have been working in BCC East New York for over a year and we were having shift change Wednesday morning and my relief and I were talking when we both noticed at the same time,one of the MABSTOA dispatchers is a total dick. What made us notice this is that he said good morning to all the OA and TA guys and ignored us,but you know what,screw him. We know who is cool and that's who we hang with,OA TA or MTA Bus doesn't matter where you come from,just how you act.

keep your head up :tup:

Archived