Bus Drivers Jump from NYC Transit to MTA Bus

CPBO

Oh lgaunion ? i saw that i just didnt really know all the info & there are some road ops on the road to make sure everything is done properly

Yes sir, you got it. http://www.lgaunion.com/index.htm

The guestbook used to be active but it's been very quiet lately. I have a sense that MTA B/O's don't like NYCT B/O's very much. They say things like we carry more passengers, have better safety records,etc.

Bad thing is that they cancelled the MTA Bus B/O exam last February and there is a hiring freeze going on,any new B/O's must have been those recently laid off from TA or OA.

Yes sir, you got it. http://www.lgaunion.com/index.htm

The guestbook used to be active but it's been very quiet lately. I have a sense that MTA B/O's don't like NYCT B/O's very much. They say things like we carry more passengers, have better safety records,etc.

Bad thing is that they cancelled the MTA Bus B/O exam last February and there is a hiring freeze going on,any new B/O's must have been those recently laid off from TA or OA.

Oh , they postponed it i see i saw it on mta.info and i looked under bus operator employment and they had a job for " Matenience Supirvisor " & then i saw the dealine for that application and then they had jobs for mabstoa and mta bus company but they are postponed until further notice .

Oh , they postponed it i see i saw it on mta.info and i looked under bus operator employment and they had a job for " Matenience Supirvisor " & then i saw the dealine for that application and then they had jobs for mabstoa and mta bus company but they are postponed until further notice .

that`s the one i was looking to apply for

Interesting...this week Greg Mocker on Pix-11 made a whole stink about these specific jobs, since they would cost over 1 million dollars, and could be done by existing workers. Perhaps the MTA listened to his complains...

that`s the one i was looking to apply for

Oh if they re-open the job , good luck igor i hope you get it

Interesting...this week Greg Mocker on Pix-11 made a whole stink about these specific jobs, since they would cost over 1 million dollars, and could be done by existing workers. Perhaps the MTA listened to his complains...

Oh thats good , everyone should speak what they say , and an old friend of my moms he worked at ulmer park like 10 years ago they laid him off because they found out he was drinking

Mr.Mocker is talking about management positions which they are going to keep

Sure show the Bus Op tricks so this could get him what a metal or fired

look if you wanna suggest fine but don't start to be Bus driver jr

Road Ops is around and Command Ctr is there for the bus operators to call upon if needed .

This was only meant for joke to point out that CP operator love to go off route. Not like I really want people do that. I ride CP route once in while since Q101 move to LaGuardia and meant that as joke since I see other drivers from other depot stick to route, like when I take QM12, QM24, X63, or any express route for that matter.

Mr.Mocker is talking about management positions which they are going to keep

No, no, he wrote a whole report on it and it lists a "bus maintenance supervisor" at MTA Bus. I'm pretty sure this is the job Igor was talking about. Here's the whole report: http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2010-07/55046711.pdf

I don't know if the MTA actually stopped the hiring for this specific job or not, just that Mocker mentioned this one.

No, no, he wrote a whole report on it and it lists a "bus maintenance supervisor" at MTA Bus. I'm pretty sure this is the job Igor was talking about. Here's the whole report: http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2010-07/55046711.pdf

I don't know if the MTA actually stopped the hiring for this specific job or not, just that Mocker mentioned this one.

Igor was specifically talking about the Combined (MTA)Bus and MaBSTOA Bus Operator posting which they postponed which may infact be cancelled maybe im right maybe im wrong but I know he has made his feelings known that he would love to drive a Bus

Igor was specifically talking about the Combined (MTA)Bus and MaBSTOA Bus Operator posting which they postponed which may infact be cancelled maybe im right maybe im wrong but I know he has made his feelings known that he would love to drive a Bus

Right, right, I'm just saying that he also mentioned the maintenance position in the post, which I remember Mocker talked about, not that he is applying for it. I hope for his sake they didn't cancel the B/O postings!

Well i made the switch today.Im a Mabstoa operator going to MTA Bus. Going to zerega on monday to start the process. If any Mabstoa Operators need work i believe there are spots still open as of today 7/23/10 for mta bus. Call Frank or tony @ (212)544-3389 and see if you are on the list. Once again this is only for Mabstoa operater that were laid off.as off 6/28/10.

So you just begin from your start point & go and it doesnt matter what time you arrive and no schedules and no paddle reports too ? , nyct has paddle reports and schedule times but if theres events going on then it doesnt matter what time you arrive , but mta bus is beginning to sound good to me

No, not at all. We have a schedule with time points you are required to hit just like in oa/ta. But what ta calls a paddle we call a day card. It is a shee

t of paper with an overview of your schedule (report time, pull out time, when and where you must begin each trip,etc.) on one side and the time points on the other. It looks totally different than a paddle and is too big for our short pockets but the info and purpose are the same. And we are DEFINATELY expected to adhere to the time points. Violations will be issued.

Well i made the switch today.Im a Mabstoa operator going to MTA Bus. Going to zerega on monday to start the process. If any Mabstoa Operators need work i believe there are spots still open as of today 7/23/10 for mta bus. Call Frank or tony @ (212)544-3389 and see if you are on the list. Once again this is only for Mabstoa operater that were laid off.as off 6/28/10.

Going to Zerega for what? to learn how to drive the MTA Bus way? or just do the paperwork? Good luck Bro,hope they send you to LGA or CP depot.

No, not at all. We have a schedule with time points you are required to hit just like in oa/ta. But what ta calls a paddle we call a day card. It is a shee

t of paper with an overview of your schedule (report time, pull out time, when and where you must begin each trip,etc.) on one side and the time points on the other. It looks totally different than a paddle and is too big for our short pockets but the info and purpose are the same. And we are DEFINATELY expected to adhere to the time points. Violations will be issued.

Oh okay thanks for the info & you mean like its a start point and then you have to reach the end point at a certain time ?

Oh okay thanks for the info & you mean like its a start point and then you have to reach the end point at a certain time ?

Timepoints are on the back like I leave Main st at 503 AND IT WILL SAY UNDER 510 AT 94 ST then 550 at Astoria 21 st like that

But its funny when I see the 38's and the 65's in A Convoy hmmm I wonder who's running Hot:p

The mta mabstoa test # is 3003 http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/compete.htm , but it has been postponed , i hope they re-open that again , & they have matenience # 3507 and the dead line is aug 6 2010

Timepoints are on the back like I leave Main st at 503 AND IT WILL SAY UNDER 510 AT 94 ST then 550 at Astoria 21 st like that

But its funny when I see the 38's and the 65's in A Convoy hmmm I wonder who's running Hot:p

Oh okay thanks kr , what route you on now ?

Well was at Zerega today and there are 40-55 spot still open for OA operators that got laid off. Some infomation that i found out is CP, LGA, and JAM depots starting pay is $21.49 a hour, JFK is $19.98 a hour $19.98 and Spring Creek is 15 and change a hour.There was only 13 people that show up at zerega today. i seems like alot of people(B/O) are moving on from the MTA.

Really. That many left, huh.. I don't understand the difference in pay for different depots... Guess it's a contract thing, just don't make sense to me.

Would you mind telling me (even in pm) about the benefit package & what differs from OA in it?

I'm still considering making the switch.. I have one more week left for my hypothetical vacation.. lol Then I need to start seriously looking for work.. I am seriously thinking about Peter Pan.. Pay is less.. But there is OT.. You drive a coach and I'm sure you don't get the stress from the passengers like you do driving local..

If that doesn't pan out, or the benefit package isn't too bad at MTA bus, then I will call and see if I can switch over.

I was trying to see if I could go to a different field.. I have experience as a cabinet maker, carpenter and auto mechanic.. But there's a number of reasons why I chose not to.. So looks like driving is what I got left.

Anyway, good luck over there and maybe I'll see you on the road..

They said TA operators this sept will be called and OA oct november. this was held by TWU 100 guys. All we did was fill out applications for MTA Bus.The difference in pay is because each depot had it own pay scale before being bought out and the mta kept that system for now. penesion from what i under stand is $105 per year of service. so you work 20 years it would be 2040 a month. That is all i got for the day

They said TA operators this sept will be called and OA oct november. this was held by TWU 100 guys.

Is this meaning TA & OA operators that were laid off being called back to TA & OA? OR those TA & OA wanting to go to MTA Bus being called for the MTA Bus positions?

Also, do you pick the depot you want or do they assign you? If I could get in to CP, LGA or Jam then I would consider it being it's $1.50 more p/hr than I was getting b4.. But the pension sucks. flat-out.. I dunno.. I might just try something else..

Is this meaning TA & OA operators that were laid off being called back to TA & OA? OR those TA & OA wanting to go to MTA Bus being called for the MTA Bus positions?

Also, do you pick the depot you want or do they assign you? If I could get in to CP, LGA or Jam then I would consider it being it's $1.50 more p/hr than I was getting b4.. But the pension sucks. flat-out.. I dunno.. I might just try something else..

It's funny with everybody cryi g and moaning I got laid off I got laid off then all of you that came from Ta/Oa and I mean all of you should just stop the complaining and if you want to work for MTABus then come but if not then stop complaining already yes you all are

This isn't Rocket science the job is here take it or leave it cuz I'm damn sure those spots will get filled and that will be it stop with this well what if they call me back pssst then go by all means and guess what those slots will get filled and peeps that are greatful will take them but for now my fellow brothers and sisters this is what it is take it or be out

I'm very grateful at being able to work, if anything I'm telling my fellow laid off brothers and sister to come join MTA Bus. They have open arms for us. I mean it sucks that we got laid off. I was making 25 a hour at 45 hours a week and will be taking a pay cut. I had 2 years 3 months on the job. Now I have no seniority , probation again,no health coverage for 3 months,and to deal with people that might not like me cause I was from the OA and that my fellow B/O's. Knightrider you have to understand that people dont like change, Especially in this situation. Some people are taking this deal cause they must put food on the table, must keep the lights on and must keep the roof over there head, must ect... Also this is public forum we are able too voice our opinions just like you did. Do you think I want to drive for MTA bus,no am I yes. I was quite happy at OA, remember the Mta made this happen. No no Albany made this happen and that goon Walder. Once the OA calls I will join them, but until then MTA bus will be home plain and simple. May be if you had a taste of the OA/TA you might feel quite different.

Really. That many left, huh.. I don't understand the difference in pay for different depots... Guess it's a contract thing, just don't make sense to me.

Would you mind telling me (even in pm) about the benefit package & what differs from OA in it?

I'm still considering making the switch.. I have one more week left for my hypothetical vacation.. lol Then I need to start seriously looking for work.. I am seriously thinking about Peter Pan.. Pay is less.. But there is OT.. You drive a coach and I'm sure you don't get the stress from the passengers like you do driving local..

If that doesn't pan out, or the benefit package isn't too bad at MTA bus, then I will call and see if I can switch over.

I was trying to see if I could go to a different field.. I have experience as a cabinet maker, carpenter and auto mechanic.. But there's a number of reasons why I chose not to.. So looks like driving is what I got left.

Anyway, good luck over there and maybe I'll see you on the road..

It's definitely a contract issue!

I'm very grateful at being able to work, if anything I'm telling my fellow laid off brothers and sister to come join MTA Bus. They have open arms for us. I mean it sucks that we got laid off. I was making 25 a hour at 45 hours a week and will be taking a pay cut. I had 2 years 3 months on the job. Now I have no seniority , probation again,no health coverage for 3 months,and to deal with people that might not like me cause I was from the OA and that my fellow B/O's. Knightrider you have to understand that people dont like change, Especially in this situation. Some people are taking this deal cause they must put food on the table, must keep the lights on and must keep the roof over there head, must ect... Also this is public forum we are able too voice our opinions just like you did. Do you think I want to drive for MTA bus,no am I yes. I was quite happy at OA, remember the Mta made this happen. No no Albany made this happen and that goon Walder. Once the OA calls I will join them, but until then MTA bus will be home plain and simple. May be if you had a taste of the OA/TA you might feel quite different.

I hear ya but as for me well TA already called me and I didn't go now with A decade under my belt it's time to go Underground so I am looking for change in this case it's not that I'm not happy at QSC but it's that I know it's what I would like . I do get the food on the table part but come on you can read as well as the others , You peeps from the other agency have this grip that MTABus is like nothing meanwhile your telling others to come ok I get that now understand I have no prob welcoming you to the fam all Im sAying is that be understanding to this but what Im reading is like you peeps have attitudes like MTaBus isn't Transit big deal that's why transit threw yous out so all I wanna read is peeps being greatful to us .

I just wanna remind who ever reads this that Transit did call me so I don't wanna hear the other way around cuz KR has all bases covered

I hear ya but as for me well TA already called me and I didn't go now with A decade under my belt it's time to go Underground so I am looking for change in this case it's not that I'm not happy at QSC but it's that I know it's what I would like . I do get the food on the table part but come on you can read as well as the others , You peeps from the other agency have this grip that MTABus is like nothing meanwhile your telling others to come ok I get that now understand I have no prob welcoming you to the fam all Im sAying is that be understanding to this but what Im reading is like you peeps have attitudes like MTaBus isn't Transit big deal that's why transit threw yous out so all I wanna read is peeps being greatful to us .

I just wanna remind who ever reads this that Transit did call me so I don't wanna hear the other way around cuz KR has all bases covered

Right! They act as if they are benieth MTA Bus or something! People need to stop being ungreatful, and be thankful they have another option other than the unemployment line! It's probably a blessing in disguise that you stayed with MTABC. When they are completely merged, you will have more options!

Archived