Are they advertising or brainwashing?

JubaionBx12+SBS

I believe that Americans are being easily brainwashed into buying iphones before checking out what else is out there. The HTC Evo 4G is an amazing phone but people still continue to rave about the iphone4 which drops calls if you hold it a certain way. Think of other companies that you feel are brainwashing consumers into buying thier product or service when it is clearly not superior to it's competition.

I believe that Americans are being easily brainwashed into buying iphones before checking out what else is out there. The HTC Evo 4G is an amazing phone but people still continue to rave about the iphone4 which drops calls if you hold it a certain way. Think of other companies that you feel are brainwashing consumers into buying thier product or service when it is clearly not superior to it's competition.

McDonalds.

Well there aren't too many smart consumers out there that look at all their options rather than go with what's popular. It's their loss if they waste their money or their parents money on a sucky phone.

Thank god for cable or I'd be slave to the network tv stations. As for the 'brainwashing' basically anything the media hypes up, I avoid. I don't give a damn about who they worship as the biggest thing or stuff like the Iphone 4. I'm perfectly happy with the itouch [if not for my damn wifi network not working for like 4 days now].

Part of it is just our lust for shiny things that light up as a society and in some ways as a species.

Part of it is the use of psychological ploys that makes a product seem more attractive than it actually is, and by tapping into our own insecurities (which is why children are more vulnerable to a McDonalds ad than someone my age).

Part of it is just plain coveting (your neighbor got a new car, you want one too).

I would say it's a little bit of both. But advertising and brainwashing aside.... What Apple and AT&T are doing is illegal!! The original iPhone4 was supposed to go to Sprint, but AT&T paid out billions to keep what is effectively a monopoly! I'm so sick of hearing AT&T lie in there commercials everyday. I used to work for them! They are full of $***. It's all about money, and nothing else. They don't care about their employees, or their customers. Not to mention The Real AT&T died years ago! It's just SBC Communications in disguise now! And they were the best scam artists ever!

I would say it's a little bit of both. But advertising and brainwashing aside.... What Apple and AT&T are doing is illegal!! The original iPhone4 was supposed to go to Sprint, but AT&T paid out billions to keep what is effectively a monopoly! I'm so sick of hearing AT&T lie in there commercials everyday. I used to work for them! They are full of $***. It's all about money, and nothing else. They don't care about their employees, or their customers. Not to mention The Real AT&T died years ago! It's just SBC Communications in disguise now! And they were the best scam artists ever!

No shit....

Bought the Iphone 4. Haven't experienced the defect most people are bitching about. On top of that the phone performs better than my old iphone. People need to just know how to handle the shit they buy. Plenty of other phones have dropped calls as well and worst. Don't get me started on the Razr.

Why everyone wants an iphone? Why get a phone that looks like everyone else?! I know conformity is a thing of American society but I didn't know our phones had to match as well.

I'm happy with my traditional Japanese style pink flip phone. I don't need a fancy iphone that looks like everyone else.

Why everyone wants an iphone? Why get a phone that looks like everyone else?! I know conformity is a thing of American society but I didn't know our phones had to match as well.

I'm happy with my traditional Japanese style pink flip phone. I don't need a fancy iphone that looks like everyone else.

At one time I wanted one also, but I have had Sprint and Nextel for 11 years. I love my Blackberry, and I can't wait for the new Slider/Touchscreen 9930 which should be coming out soon. Supposedly it will be 100 times better than the Storm.

I wasn't dying to get the iphone. Just I needed a new phone and someone dropped this in my hands and said play with it and see how you like it. I loved it so i grabbed it.

At one time I wanted one also, but I have had Sprint and Nextel for 11 years. I love my Blackberry, and I can't wait for the new Slider/Touchscreen 9930 which should be coming out soon. Supposedly it will be 100 times better than the Storm.

Before, I read this, I forgot the BlackBerry exist. Just to show how overshadowed the BlackBerry has been for me in the world of tech news besides their new OS.

People know about the iPhone 4 defect but these chum----suckers keep on buying. Either they just love the device because it's

1. Shiny

2. Made by Apple

3. Has an Apple logo

4. Nothing better to do

5. Or they just want to kiss Jobs's ass

There are PLENTY of phones out there better than the iPhone........much better

Sounds like they are trying to keep it under wraps! But here's what I got.

As the WSJ reported yesterday, Apple was not expected to recall the phones. Instead, we were on the lookout for Apple’s explanation for the problem, and whether the company framed it as a hardware or software issue. We also wanted to hear about signs of action, such as extending the offer to return the phone beyond the current 30-day period, possibly giving free bumper cases to owners, or even a new hardware or software fix.

Perhaps most of all, we were looking to see how Apple CEO Steve Jobs acknowledged a problem or whether he continued to downplay its significance.

The conference began at 1 p.m. ET and lasted nearly an hour and a half. Apple has since posted video as well as information on its testing on its site.

Most importantly, Mr. Jobs said the company will be giving away free cases or “bumpers” to its iPhone 4 customers. It will also accept returns for a full refund and will waive the restocking fee, and customers will be able to cancel their contracts with AT&T as well.

Archived