MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the reason for the swaps to/from Tuskegee Airmen Depot is maintenance. Maintenance has gotten so bad that they've had to send buses out to other depots(WF/GH/KB/MV) for repairs and get loans in return. Those same buses are also used for service if needed.

This would also largely explain why Manhattan as a whole has the lowest MDBF rating out of the five boroughs.

9 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

So, the reason for the swaps to/from Tuskegee Airmen Depot is maintenance. Maintenance has gotten so bad that they've had to send buses out to other depots(WF/GH/KB/MV) for repairs and get loans in return. Those same buses are also used for service if needed.

This would also largely explain why Manhattan as a whole has the lowest MDBF rating out of the five boroughs.

I wonder if it has to do with Manhattan losing one depot because of the 126th Street Depot closure? 

10 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

I knew something was up when I kept seeing  various depots loaning buses to TU everyday. How did things get so bad for TU? 

10 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

That would explain when even the loanee units were sent to a different Bronx depot on occasion.

7 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

...How did things get so bad for TU? 

i know for a fact that several mechanics & chassis maintainers there have high seniority and imo aren't as "motivated" to perform... ask anyone who's worked in 100 st over the past decade or so and they more than likely will say the same. lowkey it's been that way going back to when d60HF's were dominant in that depot. even dealing with cleaners in that depot... same shit. there are quite a few dinosaurs in the aforementioned departments who are mentally already retired... just hanging out to get the best 3 salary years to put toward their pensions. and I'm speaking of current individuals who i can personally identify... that have history in Hudson Pier, Walnut & Amsterdam (mid to late 90's). i can't front, I'm patiently waiting for the day some new blood gets injected into that building.

1 hour ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Quill, ENY, KB, Charleston, and Grand. Jamaica is not getting any.

Jamaica remains to be seen. There is no evidence stating that Jamaica is not getting any and they just started installing gantries at the depot for electric buses. They have yet to start the demolishing of the current building which says something.