MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

3 minutes ago, xD4nn said:

Jamaica remains to be seen. There is no evidence stating that Jamaica is not getting any and they just started installing gantries at the depot for electric buses. They have yet to start the demolishing of the current building which says something. 

..... except when construction literally just began and it takes a while to build a completely new depot especially with new AEB infrastructure.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MysteriousBtrain said:

..... except when construction literally just began and it takes a while to build a completely new depot especially with new AEB infrastructure.

As I have stated previously, they just started installing the new AEB infrastructure. The plan has always been to install some AEB infrastructure first then start demolishing the current building in phases.

3 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Mysterious is best not to argue with him, he is what you call a foamer who wants Xcelsiors to be at Jamaica Depot. As we all know the novas will be predominantly there for a long time until they receive the XE40s once the depot is fully finished being rebuilt.

5 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Mysterious is best not to argue with him, he is what you call a foamer who wants Xcelsiors to be at Jamaica Depot. As we all know the novas will be predominantly there for a long time until they receive the XE40s once the depot is fully finished being rebuilt.

It's really funny who you're calling a "foamer" considering your messages on discord just saying.

5 hours ago, xD4nn said:

Jamaica remains to be seen. There is no evidence stating that Jamaica is not getting any and they just started installing gantries at the depot for electric buses. They have yet to start the demolishing of the current building which says something. 

As of the delivery of 4965, Jamaica is not even listed as a visitor(or a recipient) for these buses. Quill and KB are the primary testers, ENY, Grand and Charleston is scheduled to see the new XEs for prep and such in the coming weeks. The pilots are currently scheduled for only those five depots. It's looking pretty bleak for Jamaica.

Construction for the new charging stations also haven't begun yet, which is also likely why Jamaica is off the list for these XEs even visiting the depot(for now). They only got the green light to get them, nothing has started yet.

Edited by Cait Sith

18 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

i know for a fact that several mechanics & chassis maintainers there have high seniority and imo aren't as "motivated" to perform... ask anyone who's worked in 100 st over the past decade or so and they more than likely will say the same. lowkey it's been that way going back to when d60HF's were dominant in that depot. even dealing with cleaners in that depot... same shit. there are quite a few dinosaurs in the aforementioned departments who are mentally already retired... just hanging out to get the best 3 salary years to put toward their pensions. and I'm speaking of current individuals who i can personally identify... that have history in Hudson Pier, Walnut & Amsterdam (mid to late 90's). i can't front, I'm patiently waiting for the day some new blood gets injected into that building.

They only wanna fix thing when its OT 😭😭

3 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Already mentioned, read back before posting

Read what I said again... Both buses were tracking at Fresh Pond... If you're going to criticize someone please read what they say first instead of jumping to conclusions.

Edited by xD4nn

13 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I’m curious why is it taking a while for CS to get their remaining LFS’s buses? I heard they are built, do these buses have to undergo lots of testing before being put into service? 

There's at least only 5 units left to be delivered (97% of the units are in-service). They can go into testing but for now, they have MTA Bus units to sort out then, they can send the rest over to Stengel (it can be one by one or so).