MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Someone reported the other day I think that a NYCT Orion 7 was on the Q22, that was probably a loaner to BC though since I don't think NYCT employees are allowed to operate BC routes (or vice-versa) no matter the situation.

It is #6027, and I think it came from Eastchester.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6027 is NOT an Orion 7, that is an Orion 5 and it was on the Q52 yesterday as caught by me.

Now, as if catching 6027 on the Q52 yesterday wasn't enough, look what popped up on the Q52 today!!!!

Unlike 6027 though I highly doubt this will be a permanent move, as neither JFK or Far Rock have the resources neccessary to fuel CNG buses. This is an ex-Gleason Spring Creek bus.

Edited by error46146

6027 is NOT an Orion 7, that is an Orion 5 and it was on the Q52 yesterday as caught by me.

Now, as if catching 6027 on the Q52 yesterday wasn't enough, look what popped up on the Q52 today!!!!

Unlike 6027 though I highly doubt this will be a permanent move, as neither JFK or Far Rock have the resources neccessary to fuel CNG buses. This is an ex-Gleason Spring Creek bus.

HOLY SHIT

C40, and LFSA assignments have obviously changed. Info will be updated in the fleet and depots thread in the coming days.

163 was on the Q41 and Q8 yesterday, they aren't assigned to Far Rockaway since its closed, they use anything thats at JFK including the storage lot across from the depot, hence why JFK's hybirds and RTS were on the Q22 as well

None of this assignment stuff really matters right now. Service has been increased on the Q22, Q35, Q113 and there is the Rockaway Shuttle. These buses coming from other depots are operated by the depot they come from. They are just put ins. They go back to their depots when they finish their runs. 163 is still assigned to FR according to the MTA. All their buses are still assigned there. They are just housed at JFK for the time being.

You will see JK, CP, SC, and FR buses out there. I saw quite a few buses from all these depots myself.

Why does SC have CP's 600-605

Assignments changed when MTA ordered more of them. The update will be in the Fleet & Depots thread soon.

Someone reported the other day I think that a NYCT Orion 7 was on the Q22, that was probably a loaner to BC though since I don't think NYCT employees are allowed to operate BC routes (or vice-versa) no matter the situation.

Correct, they do not operate each others runs. The only thing they share is shutttle work, and that only depends on the size of the shuttle service. Stengel may send some hybrids to MTAB also.

^^See above

I know its still at Spring Creek... Spring Creek is covering runs for Far Rockaway routes...

My eyes are glued on that Q52 lol these were taken on three different nights but at the same location, by Queens Blvd & Hoffman Drive where the Q52 loops around and goes into the layup area.

LOL you guys want to know something funny, thats me operating that bus, i seen you taking that pic over by the trainstation and i was like why the F he taking the pic of the bus.

Lmao yeah you popped out of nowhere, thought it was one of the lower 100 series until i saw it was 145, and i figured might as well get a pic to clear up the speculation about 145.

Lmao yeah you popped out of nowhere, thought it was one of the lower 100 series until i saw it was 145, and i figured might as well get a pic to clear up the speculation about 145.

LMAO but i rather a RTS any day before a orion, i asked for a RTS but the yard dispatch was acting like a fool.