MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok guys, this is unconfirmed, but rumor has it the ZF's may go to Quill because of maintenance issues at Ulmer, and 5025 is on loan from 126, but may stay if the swap goes through. I will try to find out some concrete info. @ciboii, ask around and see if you can find out anything.

You mean its on loan from Quill.:tup:

And if its only up to 5099, that would be great, I dont wanna see all my Allisons go! B)

Ok guys, this is unconfirmed, but rumor has it the ZF's may go to Quill because of maintenance issues at Ulmer, and 5025 is on loan from 126, but may stay if the swap goes through. I will try to find out some concrete info. @ciboii, ask around and see if you can find out anything.

No problem i will find out , so far we are keeping 5078-5124 for now . 9107 has broke down , 9101 is scrap along with , 9421 , 9246 & 9103 so thats 4 buses we have to put away , 9395 is sitting in pure dust & dirt inside with 9083 for weeks now i dont know what happened so ill take a trip there upstairs on friday evening & ill ask whats going on so far & i saw 0058 at 3 50 on the b6 , it goes out today - friday on the b6 @ 3 50 for those who want to catch it @ 25th ave @ the depot .

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

More ZFs at Quill? Damn now I have a reason to take the M9 to work lol

Lol , i dont think 5078-5124 are going to quill just yet , quill might get these when we get 30 new buses but so far they arent going becaue we would be short on buses . & if they were going to quill they would of been there already . Quill has had 5075-5077 for about 2-3 weeks now .

This just in, 9329 has caught on fire about an hour ago, status of the bus is currently unknown along with the cause of fire.

Ok, so apparently the fire was at the depot itself, cause of the fire is currently unknown

Yes i heard from joe . He told me pictures will be up today . I think 9329 got caught on fire from either the engine or maybe a spark . They are still investigating the fire on 9246 .

So many fires, yeesh. Hopefully those ZFs come over to Quill!

--

3945 OOS indefinitely, major transmission problems and difficulty starting this morning, along with (apparently) plumes of black smoke while running. From what I heard, the bus had to be removed from service in the middle of the morning rush hour and towed.

You mean HybriDrive problems? They don't have transmissions.:( Sounds like an engine problems though.

Yessir. Do think it was the engine though, the bus (once it started) ran fine, but when the driver applied throttle the bus would rev without moving and suddenly jerk and stop (with the engine still on).

--

Quick aside: So I was on an OG Hybrid the other day, and the driver had a lead foot. The speed increased and the RPMs built up, and then suddenly the RPMs decreased while the driver still had his foot down, still increasing speed. How on earth is that possible, to decrease the RPMs as you increase in speed, without a tranny?

Ok, yeah that's definitely a HybriDrive problem. As far as the other bus you were on, it. almost sounds like the same thing. Staten Island was really hard on those buses.

Staten Island had the 66xx series OGs?

Seemed like a different thing though -- the bus was in great shape. As the bus accelerated and reached a certain RPM, the acceleration would then continue at a lower RPM, with a sort of moan noise. It sounded fantastic, but it sounded distinctively like a vehicle shifting into another gear and pulling in a higher gear.

Oh no, SI didn't have any of those Thy had a couple 6400's IIRC, but thats about it. wgat you are talking about sounds interesting though. I wish I could have heard that!:(

--

Quick aside: So I was on an OG Hybrid the other day, and the driver had a lead foot. The speed increased and the RPMs built up, and then suddenly the RPMs decreased while the driver still had his foot down, still increasing speed. How on earth is that possible, to decrease the RPMs as you increase in speed, without a tranny?

Not to go off topic but the Toyota Prius sounds the same way at times, my parents rented one a while back and it was making that sound. Part of the reason why that car is a personal favorite of mine, when I heard it do that the first thing that came to mind was the hybrid buses here in NYC, not to mention this cool screen it has in the dashboard showing how the hybrid system is working in the vehicle, yeah, I was foaming. :cool:

So many fires, yeesh. Hopefully those ZFs come over to Quill!

--

3945 OOS indefinitely, major transmission problems and difficulty starting this morning, along with (apparently) plumes of black smoke while running. From what I heard, the bus had to be removed from service in the middle of the morning rush hour and towed.

3945 is a Flatbush original. But about that. I remember reading an article from the fta (its from the early 90s) about nyc, in particular manhattan and the extreme stop and go and manhattan really jacks up the engine and transmission of buses. Even though its a hybrid, regardless of the maintenance, its going to take a toll

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

But about that. I remember reading an article from the fta (its from the early 90s) about nyc, in particular manhattan and the extreme stop and go and manhattan really jacks up the engine and transmission of buses. Even though its a hybrid, regardless of the maintenance, its going to take a toll

Any bus in NYC lives about 2-4 years shorter compared to the same model somewhere else