MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ditto, that was the last 8700 to come back and leave 126, that bus is a pure runner....

Imagine a 5000 series rts going to lga Omg .

Wow news spreads fast around here!!! LOL. I was the one who spotted 8757 parked right next to 8779 at LGA. Weird.

Yupp

Aww, come on... Sorry, but they're gonna kill that bus... I liked 8757!

Loll , lga kills everything

once again that would be stupid cuz of the city traffic...just for those few buses they guna give 5078-5099 to quill but what will ulmer park get in return?

Not even because of the traffic, MJQ gained two more routes so they will need extra buses, the routes being the M66 & M72. The extra RTSs are needed because of low clearance through the transverse, but there has been NGs going in and out of the transverse lately to see how they run through it. But as of the start of the winter pick, the M66 and M72 are RTS exclusive routes.

once again that would be stupid cuz of the city traffic...just for those few buses they guna give 5078-5099 to quill but what will ulmer park get in return?

Ulmer pk is getting rts from g.a & 126th st . 5078-5099 are going to quill because they need them , i dont know why we couldnt just keep our buses & 126th could give rts to quill , like all of them , quill got some of their rts back but as shane said M66 & M72 are rts routes .

Not even because of the traffic, MJQ gained two more routes so they will need extra buses, the routes being the M66 & M72. The extra RTSs are needed because of low clearance through the transverse, but there has been NGs going in and out of the transverse lately to see how they run through it. But as of the start of the winter pick, the M66 and M72 are RTS exclusive routes.

Thank you , so quill will need alot more buses because they have the major routes now .

Quill has 81 RTS buses at the moment. Quill also has 26 O7 OG Hybrids and 50 regular service O7 NGs.

So, an every 40-foot Quill route, chances are better to see an RTS than a hybrid. [Which is awesome.]

The M66 and M72 are exclusively RTS at the moment, which means they're your best RTS bet, but the M9 and M22 rotate RTSes frequently. Like most routes, chances are better of seeing an RTS than a hybrid. I'd recommend the M9 over the M22, and everything over the M21.

no Artics at Quill anymore?

no Artics at Quill anymore?

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=MTA_Regional_Bus_Operations_Depot_Roster#Michael_J._Quill_Bus_Depot

Start exploring those routes before you come down here...more specifically...before you even come to my turf....

As for RTSs, the 66 and the 72 remain to be your best bet...

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=MTA_Regional_Bus_Operations_Depot_Roster#Michael_J._Quill_Bus_Depot

Start exploring those routes before you come down here...more specifically...before you even come to my turf....

I'm going to be taking a ride on the M22 route probably tomorrow or soon and ride the whole entire route.

why is 5075-5099 goin to MJQ ?

Also, is UP keeping 5100-5124?

Because quill needs more rts because the m66 & m72 are mostly rts routes , 126th is getting hybrids and they are giving the the rts back to quill and ulmer pk will get some rts from grand ave & 126th . Some are already in ulmer pk , & yes they are keeping 5100-5124 they wouldnt give those away .

In Brooklyn news, Grand Ave gave up another bus...I just spotted 9526 at the Pond still in Grand Ave uniform

...ironically, it was on the B26 and it was the bus I needed (damn (L) train) :(

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25365 .

Look down @ the 2nd photo the only whiteback sitting there 9526 is parked there .

Well, just got word that a bunch of Orion 05.501 #6200 series along with 4431-4452 will be heading to Charleston. The #6200s are from BOTH Castleton and Yukon.

Looks like Castleton will retain the 6100s, Charleston will have 6200s and Yukon will have the 6300s with a few 6000s and 6100s mixed in as well.