MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anything can happen but I just don't see RTS' coming to CP. It would make more sense to give them more Orion V's from WF and give them a few RTS' from storage

Exacatly , i cant see rts @ cp running a route . Cp is more like a cng depot , so cp probably has those rts for service but why would they send it to a mta bus depot , Maybe we are wrong , maybe its going into service there . That would be weird .

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

wierd move:

7220 is at Spring Creek on the B100 but its hard seats, why is tat?

Simple. Once enough MCIs came in for express service, they bumped the Orion Vs to local service seeing that they weren't need for express service. After a while, most got reseated since it isn't gonna see express service anymore, but there's some that still has the original seats

7220 had hard seats when it was at College Point. Remember that the Orion V CNGs are getting their suburban seating removed in favor of hard seats since they no longer are on the express routes.

i remeber in the roster, 7220 has been in CP but i think its sent back to SC

Also, will coach seats mostly on the B103 with the B100 on Orion Vs be removed?

Wasnt there a report of 3 RTS at CP? I just wanted to know what the latest with them was?

Pretty sure those are gone now, those were not keepers....

Is it something like the MJQ 8600s? God I miss those buses. NYCT retired them too soon. [At least they could've been sent to MTA Bus than just outright retired].

I'd compare it to an 8600, but the Quill 8600s were in a whole other league compared to the Novas. 9644 is a rocket and it sounds hella good!

About 5 were sent out to MTA Bus, JFK & FR IIRC.

Yeah, that was about it. But you have to remember that BC has a lot of '94 TMC's as well, so they didn't need the 8600's. For years I begged and pleaded that the people at DOB would let those buses die at my two favorite depots. They did!!! '94 models 8600-8703, 8750, and '95 models 8751, 8752 were the best TMC's to ever come off their assembly line. Actually all of the 1994, and 1995 TMC's across the country were among the best to ever come out of the TMC plant.

Pretty sure those are gone now, those were not keepers....

I'd compare it to an 8600, but the Quill 8600s were in a whole other league compared to the Novas. 9644 is a rocket and it sounds hella good!

When I rode 8614, a love affair began. In 1994-95 I was on everything out of Quill and ENY just to catch an 8600. 8701, and 8702 were rockets as well. At 16 years old, they proved they still had it!

8614 is also the best looking model I have. I just had to add a whiteback!;)

IMAG0096-2.jpg

IMAG0108-1.jpg

IMAG0033-1.jpg