The Qbx1; not as we will remember come September

CPBO

I disagree with everyone saying that the Q50 should end at Bay Plaza and not go anywhere else along Co-Op City. One of the attractive points about the QBx1 is that it goes to Co-Op City. A big bulk of the riders on that bus are Co-Op City residents, including me. I should not have to make any kind of transfer to go to Queens if I haven't done so before.

I'm will say that there can be one set ending point within Co-Op and Bay Plaza wouldn't be bad but if that were to happen, it needs to serve the rest of Co-Op City. That's what sucks about the service cuts they've implemented in Co-Op City in the last month, they've made residents have to tranfer to buses they didn't have to transfer to because they buses use to go to their houses. We don't need to lose anymore service than we've already lost.

I disagree with everyone saying that the Q50 should end at Bay Plaza and not go anywhere else along Co-Op City. One of the attractive points about the QBx1 is that it goes to Co-Op City. A big bulk of the riders on that bus are Co-Op City residents, including me. I should not have to make any kind of transfer to go to Queens if I haven't done so before.

I'm will say that there can be one set ending point within Co-Op and Bay Plaza wouldn't be bad but if that were to happen, it needs to serve the rest of Co-Op City. That's what sucks about the service cuts they've implemented in Co-Op City in the last month, they've made residents have to tranfer to buses they didn't have to transfer to because they buses use to go to their houses. We don't need to lose anymore service than we've already lost.

The reason that many people are suggesting to Bay Plaza is because people in the eastern section of Co-Op City would have to travel all around Co-Op City to get to Queens. If you are in section 5, you would have to travel through sections 1-4 to get to Pelham Bay Parkway and into Queens. Maybe as a compromise, there could be a Q50 serving the western section of Co-Op City and a Q50A serving the eastern section of Co-Op City, so Co-Op City residents get a direct ride to Queens from wherever they are coming from.

The reason that many people are suggesting to Bay Plaza is because people in the eastern section of Co-Op City would have to travel all around Co-Op City to get to Queens. If you are in section 5, you would have to travel through sections 1-4 to get to Pelham Bay Parkway and into Queens. Maybe as a compromise, there could be a Q50 serving the western section of Co-Op City and a Q50A serving the eastern section of Co-Op City, so Co-Op City residents get a direct ride to Queens from wherever they are coming from.

The traffic along the Whitestone Bridge and the high volume of passengers in Coop City is the reason why the QBx1 is getting split in the first place. Most coop City riders use the QBx1 to either to go Pelham Bay for the (6), if not they're heading to East Tremont Av to reach Throggs Neck. Not too many riders are riding the full route. With this being said, the Q50/Bx23 would provide service to two separate sets of riders, first the Queens to Bronx riders, then to the Pelham Bay to Coop City riders.

The traffic along the Whitestone Bridge and the high volume of passengers in Coop City is the reason why the QBx1 is getting split in the first place. Most coop City riders use the QBx1 to either to go Pelham Bay for the (6), if not they're heading to East Tremont Av to reach Throggs Neck. Not too many riders are riding the full route. With this being said, the Q50/Bx23 would provide service to two separate sets of riders, first the Queens to Bronx riders, then to the Pelham Bay to Coop City riders.

What I am saying is that the way the Q50 is set up, it goes all around the western portion of Co-Op City to reach Section 5. A rider going to Queens fom Section 5 would have to go through Sections 1-4. That's why I uggested a separate line for sections 4 and 5.

And this was the last seen of RokuSix before she ran around in circles panicking.

I'm kidding.

Do click on the link in my signature! Please?

In all seriousness, you don't need to split it and turn it into sushi! Just leave one service pattern: to Flushing via 5-4-3-2-1 and from Flushing via 1-2-3-4-5. Increase headways in order to prevent crowding. Please, for the love of chuletas, get rid of Section 5 shuttle and loop services.

Oh, also, many riders do go from Co-Op City to Flushing. It's really not that rare. You typically don't notice it because they will take their closest bus to Pelham Bay and then transfer to avoid the loop.

I think the Q50 should still go to Co-Op City. There are people there that go further than Pelham Bay and they shouldn't have to transfer just to go to 2 more stops when they didn't have to before. Truth be told, if they just reworked the schedule to make the current QBx1 much better and reliable than it is now, this discussion wouldn't be happening.

Unless the plan has changed, the Q50 will go to Co-op City still.

The plan is like this: Flushing-Pelham Bay Park-Co-op City via 1-2-3-4-5 (no pull into Dreiser Loop-END at Earhart Lane. Return via 5-4-3-2-1 to Flushing, full-time.

The Bx23 will be the Co-op City circulator to and from Pelham Bay via 1-2-3-4-5 or via 5-4-3-2-1 (except for rush hours). During rush hours, the Bx23 would be 1-2-3 or 4-5, and back to the station.

What I am saying is that the way the Q50 is set up, it goes all around the western portion of Co-Op City to reach Section 5. A rider going to Queens fom Section 5 would have to go through Sections 1-4. That's why I uggested a separate line for sections 4 and 5.

You know what, that's a great idea to have the Q50 serve Sec 4-5 instead of Section 5 alone. Me, along with others don't think of Asch Loop as an appropriate terminal. If the Q50 does terminate at Asch, Bellamy Loop and those living near Truman HS are within walking distance. The only ones that might need to take a bus to the Q50 are those in Dreiser, Darrow, and Carver.

As for the Bx23, my plan for it is pretty radical. It would not only be a north-south route, but it would also be a 233rd St Xtown running between Woodlawn-Katonah Avenue and Pelham Bay Park.

It would serve all Coop City sections except Bellamy (which would be served by a rerouted Bx30), then run along Peartree, Boston, Dyre (for the (5) train connection), 233rd, and Katonah. This would allow Coop City and Pelham Bay riders to reach more areas in the Northeast Bronx as well as Lower Westchester County. The Bx23 would connect the Northeast Bronx to bus routes in the Southeast (like the Bx8 and Bx5).

With the Bx23 along 233rd St in Eastchester, it would allow the BX16 to run along Baychester Avenue between Pitman and Tillotson Av, serving Spellman HS and Sousa JHS. In addition, it connects to the (5) at Baychester Av station.

Route between Pitman and Ropes Avs: Pitman Av, Baychester Av, Tillotson Av, Reeds Mill Lane, Bivona St, Boston Rd, regular route

You know what, that's a great idea to have the Q50 serve Sec 4-5 instead of Section 5 alone. Me, along with others don't think of Asch Loop as an appropriate terminal. If the Q50 does terminate at Asch, Bellamy Loop and those living near Truman HS are within walking distance. The only ones that might need to take a bus to the Q50 are those in Dreiser, Darrow, and Carver.

As for the Bx23, my plan for it is pretty radical. It would not only be a north-south route, but it would also be a 233rd St Xtown running between Woodlawn-Katonah Avenue and Pelham Bay Park.

It would serve all Coop City sections except Bellamy (which would be served by a rerouted Bx30), then run along Peartree, Boston, Dyre (for the (5) train connection), 233rd, and Katonah. This would allow Coop City and Pelham Bay riders to reach more areas in the Northeast Bronx as well as Lower Westchester County. The Bx23 would connect the Northeast Bronx to bus routes in the Southeast (like the Bx8 and Bx5).

With the Bx23 along 233rd St in Eastchester, it would allow the BX16 to run along Baychester Avenue between Pitman and Tillotson Av, serving Spellman HS and Sousa JHS. In addition, it connects to the (5) at Baychester Av station.

Route between Pitman and Ropes Avs: Pitman Av, Baychester Av, Tillotson Av, Reeds Mill Lane, Bivona St, Boston Rd, regular route

Late Nights there no need for this BX23 service past Dyre Ave IMO. Overnights it could run between Dyre and Pelham Bay via Coop.

While i hope the BX34 or even making the BX16 and BX31 24/7 so riders in Woodlawn/233rd Street could once again have all night service.

It'll still be (MTA)bus

ECH will operate the Bx23

CP will handle the Q50

but the discrepancy now is will the Q50 end at PBP or loop thru Co-op the MTA docs showed that the Q50 will still run 1-2-3-4-5 to Co-op and 5-4-3-2-1 to PBP and Flushing. Not ending at PBP.....The Bx23 will still be the clusterf**k the Qbx1 is now in Co-op with all the different routings.

The Bx23 will just be the Pelham Bay / Co-Op City version of the QBx1. Same service with a few more added buses.

Have they come out with anything official as to whether the Q50 will be going to Co-Op City or not?

In one of the PDFs posted here before, it stated that the Q50 would make trips to Co-Op City

<Q>50 hmmm that's gonna look good ....B) MCI :)

I don't agree with the Q50 Terminating at Main ,This would of been A good look to Extend it to QueensCollege via the Q25 Route since most of the people go there Anyway .

THANK YOU!! Even I had this idea stuck in my head for a while.

I think the Q50 should still go to Co-Op City. There are people there that go further than Pelham Bay and they shouldn't have to transfer just to go to 2 more stops when they didn't have to before. Truth be told, if they just reworked the schedule to make the current QBx1 much better and reliable than it is now, this discussion wouldn't be happening.

See previous response.

Late Nights there no need for this BX23 service past Dyre Ave IMO. Overnights it could run between Dyre and Pelham Bay via Coop.

While i hope the BX34 or even making the BX16 and BX31 24/7 so riders in Woodlawn/233rd Street could once again have all night service.

That's why I have the Bx23 run up 233rd St. It would allow the Bx16 and Bx34 to merge, running via Katonah Avenue so Woodlawn riders won't lose access to the (4) and (D) trains, as well as Montefiore Hospital.

I agree with you in having the Bx23 run from Dyre to Pelham Bay late nights.

If this Q50 is said to be going through those loops, then what really is the difference from the current QBx1? Is it that the through service will only be rush hours or something, and then the rest of the time they will be separate routes?

I see above, it says "full time". So that looks like simply taking the existing QBx1 and simply adding a circulator to that section of it; like a service increase for the area.

They really aren't adding a whole lot of service.

What happens is that today, there is a full QBx1 route (Co-Op City-Flushing) and a short turn version (Co-Op City-Pelham Bay Park). What they are doing is calling the full route the Q50 and the short-turn version the Bx23. In addition, they will get rid of some of the shuttles to the different sections of Co-Op City and consolidate them into the Bx23 route.

And this was the last seen of RokuSix before she ran around in circles panicking.

I'm kidding.

Do click on the link in my signature! Please?

In all seriousness, you don't need to split it and turn it into sushi! Just leave one service pattern: to Flushing via 5-4-3-2-1 and from Flushing via 1-2-3-4-5. Increase headways in order to prevent crowding. Please, for the love of chuletas, get rid of Section 5 shuttle and loop services.

Oh, also, many riders do go from Co-Op City to Flushing. It's really not that rare. You typically don't notice it because they will take their closest bus to Pelham Bay and then transfer to avoid the loop.

True on the Main St Bound .People do use this SVC heavy and as well as the Postal FAC. at 20ave ,They even created A stop for the postal workers.

The only grip I have about the Route as of late is that damn (W)hitestone Br.

traffic other then that This route is Highly used From Pelham to Main.

I always figured the service was primarily from Flushing to Pelham Bay, and that CoOp City was an extension.

Just checking the schedule, it seems the primary service is Pelham to CoOp City (alternating runs to Bellamy Loop and sections 4 and/or 5), with few coming from Flushing in the early AM. After 9, it is every other one coming from Flushing. In parts of the weekend, they all make the full run from Flushing to all the loops, but then later is is every other one coming from Flushing or Pelham Bay.

I see there is not Flushing-Pelham only service. That's what I thought the Q50 was going to be.

So if this was always like that, it never should have been called a QBx route then. It's a Bx route with a part time extension to Queens. (Was it primarily CoOp City under Queens Transit? Doesn't seem like it would have been).

So yes, the new designations make much more sense.

I think QbX was the PBL designation for intra-borough express....like the X32 if it was previously run by PBLs wouldve been the QBX2 or something like that....

I thought the MTA would ve gotten rid of the QBX lable long ago when they got rid of the "A" suffixed routes of the PBLs and QBX became a "Limited" instead of Express.

I really hope the MTA keeps the same stops of the QBX1 once converted to Q50....I love the speediness of getting from BX to Flushing...I prefer the Qbx to the Q44 on the speed alone. but knowing the MTA they will place stops all up and down the Bruckner and Whitestone svc roads destroying the true Limited Stop experience....I'm shocked they haven't created more stops on the Bruckner to make up for the loss of the BX5 along the stretch...something strongly tells me its coming.

I think QbX was the PBL designation for intra-borough express....like the X32 if it was previously run by PBLs wouldve been the QBX2 or something like that....

I thought the MTA would ve gotten rid of the QBX lable long ago when they got rid of the "A" suffixed routes of the PBLs and QBX became a "Limited" instead of Express.

I really hope the MTA keeps the same stops of the QBX1 once converted to Q50....I love the speediness of getting from BX to Flushing...I prefer the Qbx to the Q44 on the speed alone. but knowing the MTA they will place stops all up and down the Bruckner and Whitestone svc roads destroying the true Limited Stop experience....I'm shocked they haven't created more stops on the Bruckner to make up for the loss of the BX5 along the stretch...something strongly tells me its coming.

More stops yea its coming for the Q50.. Definitely @ Crosby Avenue and few others formerly served by the Bx5. the Q50 trip along the Bruckner will still be pretty fast remember most times the Bx5 used to speed right through that area just like the QBx1 so a few extra stops won't hurt. That's what i miss about the old Bx5 routing.. the Bx5 via Crosby is noticeably longer.

^^^^ Yes and I noticed alot of people at Tremont now will let the Bx5 pass and wait for the QBX1 to get to PBP......Tremont used to have maybe 5 people a most on average waiting for the QBX1 and most of the those were going to CO-OP or the Plaza, now I've seen as many as 10-15 people waiting for the faster PBP service.....

I have noticed that as well.... Guess the QBx1 has a few more patrons and the Bx5 a few less. The Q50 maybe become a pretty good local route. I don't think it needs to transverse Co-op City entirely. just as far as Bay Plz. Maybe morning rush extend it.. but really its not necessary.

Archived