The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

Lol a heated debate? It's not that serious. It depends on where you live, it's not the same everywhere.

Is that one of the newer OS phones from Nokia?

Yes, it was released in March of this year so it's relatively new.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The new EVO 4G White has been released.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRulN31Tfs2tcfqPlFDbn1b6QoZayjNTUIOvl1mLM_bgnrAt60&t=1&usg=__60qSHrAADasVaRz6ElHXHEMadmc=

That is HOT!! I would totally get one if there were sim card models.....and if it had a keyboard... :P

I would take the Vibrant instead, everybody and there mom's got a HTC.. Samsung ftw :cool:

A ton of people got Samsungs too, especially since the load of Galaxy S series phones that came out this year. :)

Vibrant vs G2

I know someone trying to decide between the 2.

Go G2!

A ton of people got Samsungs too, especially since the load of Galaxy S series phones that came out this year. :)

That phone is loads of WIN, what other phone was launched on all 4 networks (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint)

The RAZR ?

Here's my G1 running with a clock of 672 MHz. (Max: 691 MHz in the pic) There's a kernel that allows for 710 MHz, and one for 825 MHz if you're still using CM5.

_DSC3725.jpg

hah. 122MHz :(

Just for the hell of it, I ran Quadrant at 245 MHz

DSCF4311.jpg

DSCF4312.jpg

So my carrier T-Mobile (which is the worst carrier out there FYI :P) gave my mom and myself the dish that I was eligible for an upgrade a month back or so. After depriving myself with flip phones that looks like friggin toys for the past two years, I have picked out a new phone, the Nokia 5230 Nuron:

t-mobile_nokia_5230_nuron-540x404.jpg

It was released earlier this year so its relatively new. It's fully touch screen as well. I'm used to touch screens since i have an iPod touch so I'll see how this phone works out in the long run. I'm supposed to receive it in a week.

ewwwwww :P How come you didn't get something like the myTouch 3G? (Especially when the 528MHz processor in it is faster than the Nokia Nuron's)

ewwwwww :) How come you didn't get something like the myTouch 3G? (Especially when the 528MHz processor in it is faster than the Nokia Nuron's)

The only phone I give a crap about is the iPhone 4. I didn't do so much research on this phone or other phones for the most part but nearly a week later and it's a win.

Get the EVO and if you don't like it, just return it within 2 weeks of purchase date. Makes sense to use the phone you want.

With Sprint I have 30 days to return the phone. I'm definitely getting the EVO, but I want to play with the Android Nextel before I get it. I haven't had Nextel since I switched to the PCS side in 2007.

Symbian is mah favorite OS..... And Since its normally used on Nokia Devices. It works out, because Nokia's International GSM line is on point... But with everyday uses, and As A former Blackerry user, I've gotta say Blackberry Operating system is moving up... Even tho their still No. 1 in the nations charts, my android 2.2 froYo software, does wonders for me.

Big deal. Get back to me when you can keep it at that clock rate and not let the battery die in less than an hour.

Well it's quite obvious that you don't keep it that high all the time. It shows that the G2 has the capability.

How is the EVO? The Epic 4G looks good also. Im getting one or the other tomorrow.

I absolutely love it. I played around with the Epic while I was waiting for them to swap out my Blackberry. I see one flaw when using the keyboard horizontally. But its no big deal, and by far the best phone I ever had. Web browsing is flawless, and NYCTF looks just as good as it does on my desktop. I give it a 9.75 out of 10.

I absolutely love it. I played around with the Epic while I was waiting for them to swap out my Blackberry. I see one flaw when using the keyboard horizontally. But its no big deal, and by far the best phone I ever had. Web browsing is flawless, and NYCTF looks just as good as it does on my desktop. I give it a 9.75 out of 10.

I might give it a try. Is the EVO really a big as it looks, and does it fit in your pocket well?

I love my Evolution!!! Its Great..... No Need for a Keyboard with the "Epic".... My Evo is jus Fine!

How does the HD video look?