The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
640x960 for the three large iPhone screen dumps.

I just noticed that. I didn't see the ads, my eyes have automatic AdBlock :P

And you know, even with the high resolution, keeping that bum 3 1/2 inch screen isn't helping.

I just noticed that. I didn't see the ads, my eyes have automatic AdBlock :P

And you know, even with the high resolution, keeping that bum 3 1/2 inch screen isn't helping.

Don't Hate on 3.5 inch screens. :P

I hope Apple comes out with 4.3 inch iPhone though, 3.5 isn't bad though.

Indoor 4G speed test. When Sprint turned on 4G on November 1st the signal seems to be getting stronger in my office where it was once very week. Right outside the front door of my office building I can get 10,000+ kbps.

The 4G is the best, but I only turned it on one time. It kills the battery, and I think with basic 3G the EVO is already fast as lightening at times.

If anyone needs a new phone, you may want to check wirefly.com right now because they are having a huge sale on phones! I use them all the time!

Evo 4G $150 including shipping

HD7 $150

G2 $130

Blackberry Bold $100 or FREE with AT&T service

MyTouch 4G $80

Motorola Droid 2 FREE

Blackberry Storm 2 FREE

Plus see about 200 free phones from all manufactures of Android, Blackberry, Symbian and Windows models.

My new cellular telephone has the following tones:

Beep Once (single loud beep - sounds like a door chime)

Bloom (nice tone)

Detect (cool sounding tone)

Funk Funk (interesting sounding tone)

Gate Doom (cool sounding tone)

New Message Tone (short Verizon Wireless-like sound; good to use for incoming text messages)

No Ring

Rock Ballad (nice tone)

Synthesizer (short tone)

VZW Default Tone (short Verizon sound)

Ringtone 1 (Sounds like a landline telephone ring)

Ringtone 2 (Sounds like a futuristic landline telephone ring)

Ringtone 3 (Similiar to Ringtone 2)

Plus the following sounds:

• Train (Yay!)

• Rainforest

• Happy Birthday

• Crowd Roar

• Clapping

• 5 weeks later...

Figured this is the perfect time to resurrect this thread due to CES being here. Android 3.0 has been out in the wild now and is optimized for tablets, the first and true tablet is the Motorola XOOM, I am VERY impressed with this tablet!

And now for the new versions of the Current Phones, some of these look sweet, but the HTC EVO 4G Shift has totally won me over. The Motorola Cliq 2 has disappointed me because of its keyboard, I was a total fan of the first keyboard but this one just disgusts me...

And now for the mostly anticipated Dual Core Processor Phones.

And some new faces, the Xperia Arc is my favorite out of these.

And for those Windows Mobile user(s), the Dell Venue Pro looks to be actually one of the 3 best WP7 phones out there, I really like how this phone looks but the way the keyboard is made is rather troublesome. Yeah I believe the phone has been out for a while but its whatever.

I will post more when there is more videos up and out there, for now, enjoy!

Edited by Cait Sith
Added two more videos...

I like that EVO Shift alot, but I was dissapointed that it's smaller, and has an inferior camera to the original. And no kickstand! I can do without the keyboard now that I have discovered Swift. So far, nearly every post I have made so far this year has been from my EVO, as I am always on the go.

I like that EVO Shift alot, but I was dissapointed that it's smaller, and has an inferior camera to the original. And no kickstand! I can do without the keyboard now that I have discovered Swift. So far, nearly every post I have made so far this year has been from my EVO, as I am always on the go.

Ha, unfortunately, the EVO & the HD2/HD7 are no longer the biggest phones out there.

Meet 4.5 inches of Samsung goodness coming to Verizon.

Ha, unfortunately, the EVO & the HD2/HD7 are no longer the biggest phones out there.

Nooooo! :cry:

Wait....It's just a Samshit. On Shitrizon Wireless. :(

I don't think I'm upgrading my phone anymore. I hate WP7, Android is just too......eh, and an iPhone isn't even an option I'd ever consider. I'll stick with my HD2.

Edited by rr4567

vzw-iphone-600-rme.jpg

Beginning February 10, the phone that changed everything will be available on both AT&T and Verizon Wireless in the United States. Qualified Verizon Wireless customers will also have the exclusive opportunity to pre-order iPhone 4 online on February 3, ahead of general availability.

Whichever network you choose, you’ll get FaceTime video calling, the high-resolution Retina display, a 5-megapixel camera, HD video recording, long battery life, and all the other great features of iPhone 4.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/notify-me/

I finally gave Blackberry the boot after nearly five years of great service. The thing is I finally got bored with the Blackberry OS and their lack of a good full featured browser and moved on to the Android operating system and I don't miss Blackberry at all.

Three weeks ago I jumped ship on Verizon Wireless and joined Sprint for their Everything Data Plan with the HTC EVO 4G. So far I have zero regrets leaving Verizon Wireless as Sprints network seems to be the same. I have not had one dropped call since moving to Sprint even though I know it'll happen soon. As for the HTC EVO 4G, it is a great device and I have never had this much fun using a smartphone in my life. As for 4G, it hasn't been officially rolled out in New York but it is available you just got to be in the right places.

Blackberry, what Blackberry?

Let's have a discussion on what you guys are using and what you prefer. Let us know what your future plans are with smartphones.

In Europe, I used Nokia which was great and didn't have any problems. When I came back to the States, I started off w/a Sony Ericsson, then moved to a Nokia, both of which were smart phones and I've only used smart phones.

I am not big on touch screens for many reasons and I just find Blackberries to be practical for my needs. However, I too am becoming a bit bored with them and of late they have not met my expectations for browsing, etc. I also think the quality has gone down in terms of durability. My first Blackberry was "Made in Canada" and it was a real work horse... :cool:

I currently have AT&T for my Blackberry and have not been that impressed. Verizon has decent coverage, but subpar phones and up until recently outrageous overseas "packages". I believe they've partnered w/a European carrier, but I'm sure who, maybe Vodafone.... I've heard stories about Sprint, so I'm in limbo for now.

My hope is to get some sort of package w/Verizon once I settle on a decent smart phone (whatever that is) and then go from there since I believe they offer better overseas options and world phones last I checked. I have FiOS w/them currently and it's been great and we use Verizon in my office also.

I will say this though... In terms of cell phones, Europe and Japan are years ahead of us. I started using cell phones in Europe and was surprised at the crap they were selling here in the States at such juiced up prices. I hope that we will come up to speed in terms of coverage and phones soon, but I'm not holding my breath. :P

Sure did change everything. One-touch Airplane Mode.

9311bdecal.png

Lmao oh please. :P

But in all seriousness I NEVER had a deathgrip issue (even when I tried), and who the hell squeezes the -ish out of there phone like that anyways lmao. All dropped signals were due to poor service and had nothing to do with what way the phone is held.

And O_O @ 4.5 inch screen, tablet much?

Those Android tablets look cool.

Lmao oh please. B)

But in all seriousness I NEVER had a deathgrip issue (even when I tried), and who the hell squeezes the -ish out of there phone like that anyways lmao. All dropped signals were due to poor service and had nothing to do with what way the phone is held.

And O_O @ 4.5 inch screen, tablet much?

Those Android tablets look cool.

I like my 3.7 inch screen, 4.5 is waaaay too big.

And for you Verizon peeps out there who wanted the iPhone, you'll have to wait one month

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/iphone.jsp

And for those who disputed against Verizon and said they wont be getting the iPhone 4.....I told you so!